You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Ghost In My Phone Lines?

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost In My Phone Lines?

 

It was about 2 months ago, when the suburb that I had just moved to had a storm. A few trees landed on power lines, some houses too. But no one got hurt which is good.

I was home with my mum, and our power went off an hour into the storm.

Since there was nothing to do we just went to bed. At 11pm that night, our phone rang. I heard it but didn't wake up. The next morning I asked mum who called so late that night, she said she answered but no one was there so she just assumed our power was just playing up because of the storm.

A week had past, and we kept getting calls, and everytime we answered there wouldn't be anyone there. We pressed redial a few times but it just had a long beep tone. We called the phone company to see if there was anything wrong with their network but there wasn't.

One morning I was home alone, and the phone rang. I got it and no one was there for a bit, and I decided to get angry by saying "Stop calling me! You're annoying," even if no one was really there. Then I heard my name, it repeated it again and I hung up.

I told mum when she got home, and she immediately got our phone number and company changed. We still recieve these calls from whoever it is calling, but the only reason I believe it is some sort of ghost, is because when we redial, it never goes through, we have caller ID and there is no number that shows up, the time someone said my name I even immediately redialed and no number was there.

I don't understand, can ghosts actually travel through electricity? Or is it one in my house just messing around? Because I know that there is something in this house.

What do you guys think?

Please reply.

Other hauntings by sandeescare

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, sandeescare, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-10-19)
I think the phone company has some water damage to some of their lines.

What you have is a common occurrence when two of the wires that lead to your house get 'swapped'.

You can count on the phone company claiming that everything on their end is 'just fine' even if their Central Office building was burning down at the time.
sandeescare (2 stories) (12 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-19)
Thanks everyone who commented.
I have experience Paranormal things in my life, many time.
My family aren't the type to develop any enemies or stalkers.
We informed the police and they said there isn't anyone calling.
So it's either our lines or just the whole, whisper in ear thing, whatever it is, has died down a bit and isn't occuring often.
Potterwatcher1997 (13 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-17)
I agree with BadJuuJuu. It's possible that it could be a friend with a grudge or simply a friend with a prank, but it's also just as possible that it's some stalker. Do you think there's any way that someone you don't directly know (like a pen-pal or a cyber friend) could have gotten your information? Make sure to take extra precautions. Sorry for the double post. 😊
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+2
13 years ago (2010-10-17)
Can't help but think this is a living human with some sort of grudge. I had an ex-boyfriend years ago who did stuff like that to me. The police can give you a code to enter when these calls come through. You enter the code, that flags the police the call has been made, and they trace it.
I wonder if you or your mother may have picked up a stalker. It's extremely easy to get a person's home phone number. All you need is the person's name and the town they live in. Google does the rest. Pretty scary.
To be on the safe side, I would alert the police if this keeps happening. And be very watchful of your surroundings. Stay alert. When you go somewhere, park in full view of the door of the building, if at night, park under a light in full view. Do your best to stay out of blind spots, stay where you are in plain sight of anyone passing along. Just be cautious.
margierules (5 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2010-10-16)
as for the no number thing, *67 makes it nearly impossible to see the number. Somebody might have been in your house saying your name. Maybe the ghost was not in the phone, but right next to your ear, using another phone in the house to call you. I would be so scared. My advice; next time you get a call, contact your phone company and tell them to trace the call back to whoever called you last.
Potterwatcher1997 (13 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-16)
As what Surya said, it is very easy for someone to block their number from view: just type in *67 before the number.
It is very creepy that someone would do that to you. Do you think you could put an approximate age on the caller, or maybe a gender?
Excellent story, though!
TheGirlInWhite (2 stories) (26 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-16)
Yeh, I wouldn't say it has anything to do with the paranormal-as Surya has said, anyone can block their ID.
Also if you had heard somthing paranormal you would have more than likley have heard whispers in the background and the voice would be unclear. The background whispers would be from the other souls that would be there.

It may have just been a prank call and knew the name of your house.
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-16)
Did the voice sound at all familier? Living or dead. This is an interesting story. Let us know if there's more.
lizgo47 (11 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-15)
Sounds scary. I think that there is something in your house.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-10-15)
Although ghosts can mess around with electrics, I don't think your incident was anything to do with a spook. Sounds like someone's messing.

As for caller ID, anyone can block their number from showing. Unfortunately if it is a witheld number, even the phone companies cannot trace it. Well they can and can't.

There really is nothing in your story to indicate anything paranormal.
Fire_Fairy (1 stories) (24 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-15)
Idk anything about this. Maybe something is in your house...
😕
Andy24uk (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-14)
I believe the answer is yes. I think spirits can manipulate electronic devices to try reach out and communicate with the living. I had a similar experience but I will save that for a story I am going to post. Thanks for sharing
snowhite (203 posts)
-3
13 years ago (2010-10-14)
I can't answer your question, but I used to receive phone lot of phone calls. I checked the teller ID and it is unavailable. But I know it is from my husband's ex. I finally find a way to tell you to stop that crap or I will tell her co-workers what she did behind the door years ago, she finally stopped.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: