You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Man Who Whispered Into My Ears

Real Ghost Stories

Man Who Whispered Into My Ears

 

My second encounter with the paranormal. I had another encounter with an apparition's voice. My daughter was about 5-6 months old. This was back in the fall of 1999. I was downstairs and my boyfriend at the time was upstairs sleeping in our daughter's room. I was downstairs by myself, in this cold dark room with no windows. I was drifting off to sleep when I heard a male's voice. He spoke to me. He whispered into my right ear. I didn't, couldn't make out what he was saying. So I chose to ignore it. A few minutes later, he spoke again, in my same ear. I woke up and thought I was having a bad dream and every time I fell back asleep. I returned back to where I was; like I was in a rerun nightmare. This time, I fell asleep and he spoke again. I felt someone's hand (s) around my neck. I tried to scream. In my mind I was screaming as loud as I possibly could. I couldn't come to. I was paralyzed, couldn't move and still trying to scream.

After being held to my bed for several minutes, still trying to come to and trying to scream, the hand (s) around my neck were getting tighter and I realized that as long as I wanted to cry, scream I couldn't. I thought to myself I was going to die because no one was going to hear me. I struggled to come to a complete awakening. I chose not to look, all I saw was the door and to get out. When I did, I ran upstairs and told my boyfriend at the time what had happened. He was not a believer. I believed, but not intensely like I do now.

Was this man evil? Like I said, I have had many encounters since the passing of my father.

Other hauntings by mai05

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Minnesota

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mai05, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

P_Venkman (1 stories) (2 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-10-20)
This also happened to me just the once, about 5 years ago in my mum's house. Things have happened many times in that house but I genually believe on this occasion I was suffering from sleep paralysis because I couldn't speak or move but I managed to free myself by composing myself and breathing in a steady manner through my nose. It was abit freaky though.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+3
13 years ago (2010-10-19)
http://www.yourghoststories.com/ghost-articles/sleep-paralysis.php http://www.webmd.com/sleep-disorders/guide/sleep-paralysis
Different people have different opinions on the subject of sleep paralysis. Some people think it's completely a sleep disorder, some people think it's completely paranormal. I think most times it's a sleep issue, but all events are different. Look into a bit, you may find an answer that fits your particular situation.
Antoinette (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-19)
Hey, similar to me... I remember it, the first time it happened to me was a hand on my neck... It didn't chucked me, just caressing I guess. I was really really scared that time, I was panic shocked! But I don't know what to do! I can't move, talk, or even "think" clear! It's like he took over my soul, somtin like that...
Is it a disorder or what? Can anyone tell me? Is it really a demon or... Just a ghost? I still don't understand...
girlheldtightdown201 (1 stories) (17 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-10-19)
that is scary... 😨 I don't know a lot about sleep paralysis but I had a similar experience with being held down but I was totally awake when it happened then I saw what apeared to be a vision, yours on the other hand seems alittle more aggressive if it was choking you, that's what is uneasy about it I think, mine was painful but it never choked me. I hope you don't have that experience again.
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-10-19)
Many folks will be posting to say what you experienced was Sleep Paralysis. Certainly sounds like it... Look it up, and decide for yourself though.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: