You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Evil And Angry Barking On Baby Monitor

Real Ghost Stories

Evil And Angry Barking On Baby Monitor

 

I am new to the site so hello everyone. Due to the recent goings on at the house where I live with my girlfriend and our 4 month old baby boy, I decided to post this in the hope of maybe someone else experiencing the same thing. I have googled it and the only similar story that I can find is the Enfield Ghost from 1977, albeit my story isn't quite as dramatic. Whether that story is true or not, I'm not sure.

Anyway...We moved into the house in mid May 2010. My girlfriend was heavily pregnant and we thought that we had dropped on lucky as it was a new house, only 5 years old and the home that we had secured previously fell through at the last minute. We are renting the property and we have an excellent relationship with our landlords.

The very first strange experience happened shortly after we had moved in. My girlfriend and I were sitting on separate sofas eating our evening dinner while watching TV. The missus is bonkers about air fresheners and candles so on the small coffee table we had one of those air fresheners that stand upright and you have to push the top of it down for the smell to squirt out of the top. She was sat between 1.5 metres and 2 metres away from it with a huge pregnant belly and I was sat across the room roughly 2.5 metres away when all of a sudden out of nowhere the air freshener just smashed into the picture frame which was on the same table with unbelievable force as if someone had hit it in anger. It was probably about 6pm in the summer and it was light outside, therefore we kind of just shrugged it off as nothing and didn't get worried, even though it was confusing and a bit weird.

A few months had passed with our little boy being born in June. We had both become a little uneasy living in the house. Not due to noises or seeing things but just a general uncomfortable feeling especially when either one of us were home alone, even in the day. I put this down to us being in new surroundings. My girlfriend was also having re-occurring dreams of a group of men breaking into the house where she and our baby had to hide in the wardrobe. This happened for roughly 2 weeks every night when our son was about 1 and half months old. Again, I thought logically and put this down to her newly becoming a mother and naturally feeling protective to our son.

So by this point we've gone 3 months with very little happening and life was great. Then one night my son woke up for a feed at 2am and as I stood at the top of the stairs before I went down for his bottle I had the most uncomfortable rush of worriedness over power my whole body. I didn't really want to go downstairs but obviously if the baby needs feeding then that's what's got to get done so off I went downstairs. This was on my mind for a few days after because it was really the first time that I genuinely thought something else was in our home.

My son got to 2 and a half months old and with him being a little bruiser he was too big for his Moses basket. This meant it was time for him to move into his own room for the first time. But it also meant it was time to use the baby monitor! At first we thought nothing of it and we were aware of static and interference from other houses monitors etc. Then the first major worry of our stay in this house happened!

I had bathed and put our son to bed on this particular night as my girlfriend was back at the gym twice a week. She came home, everything was normal so we decided to go to bed at 10:45pm. As I was just dropping off I heard very clearly on the monitor, the sound of a door creaking open. My girlfriend squeezed my hand and began to panic as she had heard it also. There is a cupboard right behind the bedroom door in my son's room. It is built into the frame of the house so it actually has a regular door on it just like both of the bedrooms and bathroom doors. I turned on the bedroom light and gave myself a quick pep talk and off I went to investigate. I opened the baby's bedroom door just enough to poke my head through. I had a scan around before I realized that the cupboard door was in fact wide open right up to the main room door preventing me from opening it any further without putting my arm round to push it shut. This meant that I wouldn't have been able to get out of the room earlier after I put my little boy in his cot so it had definitely opened at some point after I had left the room earlier that night. Needless to say I was now absolutely babbing myself to be honest. I went back across the hall to report my findings with my girlfriend. She took one look at my face and started to get upset. This was the most frightened that I had ever been in my life. If I hadn't have heard it then I could possibly find an excuse but the fact that we both heard what we thought was a door creaking open and then my suspicions were confirmed made it a heart racing experience. We spoke about the safety of our son but as it wasn't anything violent and we decided to try and get some sleep. I did decide there and then though that if anything else happened in his room then I would take my family and leave, regardless of the time.

So days went by and things gradually seemed back to normal, just the odd thing like the bathroom light fitting falling and nearly hitting me on the head as I brushed my teeth and sounds of ticking and possible whispers from the baby monitor. All of these seemed nothing to worry about as I am open minded to any explanation to strange happenings. But then, Sunday night 17 October 2010 / Monday morning 18 October 2010 came the most disturbing, frightening and damn right shocking experience that I think I will ever encounter.

As I sat downstairs in the living room playing on my PS3, the baby monitor was still with me downstairs and the missus was in bed asleep. I'd been on my own for 2 hours. Id felt no reason what so ever to worry and I was perfectly happy getting in some gaming time as I haven't been doing for a while due to us starting a family. It was 00:50am and there I was blasting down the straight at Melbourne on F1 2010 when out of nowhere clearly and loud enough for me to s**t myself came the sound of at least one voice, possibly two from the baby monitor. A deep voice which was similar to a man's voice and another that could have possibly been a bit croaky. My first split second instinct was that it was just interference but not only did it not stop, it got louder and seemed to be getting very very angry. I couldn't make out any words but there was enough of a voice pattern that it seemed to be speaking some sort of language, it wasn't mumbling. As it carried on getting angry it climaxed with the most spine chilling noise that I wouldn't wish anyone to hear, especially when it's coming from the room that your child is sleeping in. Two angry bark like sounds finished off this monster like speech but not the same kind of bark that a dog would do, it's really hard for me to explain in words but I remember it plain as day! It was just plain evil and it was loud and clear on the monitor.

I ran as fast as I could with no hesitation. I put on our bedroom light my girlfriend was asleep. I went straight into my son's room and he too was fast asleep. I stood there for a few minutes feeling worried but extremely protective of my baby. I think I began to go into shock because I couldn't open my mouth to speak to my partner when she was asking what was wrong. She got really upset once she realized that I had obviously been freaked out by something. I pulled myself together and remembered my promise to take my family out of the house if anything happened again. So as we started to pack up our things my girlfriend thought I was over reacting. I quickly pointed out to her that when we watch a horror film she always screams at the people who don't get out when dodgy things happen! She agreed with me and off we went to her parents' house. People have tried and tried to convince me that it was interference but I was the only one there at the time and I know that it was something coming from upstairs in my baby's room. I hope I never hear such a thing again for as long as I live.

We managed to arrange for the priest to come round last night and he blessed the house so tonight is our first night back. I am not a religious person in the slightest but I have begun to wonder what really is the truth regarding God and Demons etc.

Thanks for reading. I tend to babble on a bit sometimes.

If anyone else has had a similar experience especially with the barking as that was the most horrifying part of the whole ordeal please get in touch.

Thanks

Adan

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, P_Venkman, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

mommarenee (1 stories) (7 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-10-10)
I had a similar experience with a baby monitor. It was just me in the house. My Husband, baby & oldest daughter were gone. I had forgotten to turn off the baby monitor. I didn't realize it. Until I heard strange but beautiful music coming from the monitor. It sounded like a harp or piano or a child's toy. So I went to my daughter's room to figure out what toy it was, because I had never heard any of her toys that sound like that. When I looked in her room it was silent. So me being curious, I went back to the livingroom, did not turn off the monitor to see if I heard it again. Well, I did. So I walked to the monitor put it right up to my ear & listened. Naturally I was like "oh, no biggie. It's just interfering from a near by houses radio" well, just then, the music stopped it got very staticy, and the static kind morphed into a low growl... I was in shock, couldn't believe my ears so I continued listening, even moving the monitor around in the air to see if it was interferance. Nope, the longer I listened the stronger, louder & more angry sounding the growl became. Til I realized this was meant for me to hear. Then I jerked the plug out of the outlet & threw the monitors away. I felt very in easy for the rest of the evening & will never forget it.
Matthew007 (1 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-08)
Good story and I hope everything is ok now!
I have had a similler thing happen to me a few years ago but ill post that up soon so you lot can read it!
darksoldier2889 (2 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-05-22)
I am wiccan so I don't believe the whole witch craft thing, but I can say that a persons personal belief is the strongest way to get read of a demon. Also I have had one experiance with my son when I first got to see him 7 months (Military, not a runaway dad). I was sitting in the living room not able to sleep, and my wife was in the bedroom near where we keep our son. She was sick and I was taking care of him. The strange thing was I started hearing screeching over the radio, I thought interfearance like most people probably would, but it didn't cut out and started getting louder and louder, then gurgling/giggling sounds came over it. I say gurgling/giggling cause there was both. That freaked me out, so I quickly jumped up and ran into the room. Though it was freezing when I entered. I flipped on the light and suddenly everything was warm and bright again. My wife didn't hear anything though our son was wide awake, the sounds weren't from him though cause they were deep throated and multiple laughters... Almost like little girls. After that my wife stayed with her friend until me and my group, along with our High Priestess blessed the place. So far there hasn't ben any other encounters like that though. So I can definately reassure you, you did do the right thing about taking them out of the house. Not just cause I did the same thing, just that any sane person would.
a_ventresca24 (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-02)
i really think is story is real becaue I had to babys sit my niece one day and she was sleeping and I was listening to the baby monitor and there was someone singing. Like I know my house is haunted becuase I saw the ghost plendy of times but it really freaked me outt 😲
believer21 (3 stories) (56 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-14)
I see most of the comments are all praising you for turning to a religious blessing.
My advice to you is research the house. See if there have been any issues before, even the possiblity of witchcraft having been practiced there. The way you described the language its very possible an acient tounge. It would sound familer as so many root words come from latin, sumerian, ect. But of course you may not understand them.
If in you reasearch it does come up that witchcraft leave the house asap. Your child does not need that horror, I would know, a house I grew up had that history. I spent many a night not sleeping and scared to death.
TwistedWispersNeko (3 stories) (90 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-29)
Well I know you said you weren't religious, but it might help. Some odd stuff happened after my son was born, and there are things that I can't explain, but have bound up, and cast out in Jesus' name. I was raised in those beliefs though, so I don't know what to really say. I hope everything goes well, and stays well with you and yours.
Worried_Brit_Chick (6 stories) (108 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-09)
argh that creeped me out! I hope everything is ok now and the problem has been sorted. You did the right thing leaving, where a baby is concerned safety should be a priority. Could you tell me more about this Enfield ghost please that you mentioned in your story? I live just up the road from Enfield so would be interested to know:-) xxx
girlheldtightdown201 (1 stories) (17 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2010-11-03)
I totally agree with Sharelbroome1, although I have had a few experiences with things I cannot explain at all I do believe there is demons, there is a heaven and there is a hell, I believe that all hauntings in some way have to do with evil only or guardian angels, I know that when I experienced the things I did I was not a christian at the time meaning I was not saved. I hate to hear your story it is creepy as is a lot on here that I have read, it's sad to me to know that some people are not religiuos at all I believe they have a bigger chance of being posessed and harmed. Everyone has their own opinion and veiws this is just mine, I hope everything gets better for you and your family Trust God he is more powerful than the devil. 😊
IGoRawrX3 (2 stories) (7 posts)
-2
13 years ago (2010-10-25)
I haven't read the other comments so I'm sure if anybody else said what I'm going to say.

Perhaps it was the game you were playing? I know sometimes I scare my self with my video games (Left 4 Dead, lol). I do the same with music.

A video camera that can detect spirits may help. I has been proven. Spells or anicent ingrediants maybe. Please do tell if all goes well now. Its still October writing this so maybe not yet.

Search up a few spells or whatever to ward of the...noises.

I'm sure I thought of something like this. A dream maybe? But for sure the barking I heard before.

Please have a wonderful day ❤
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-10-22)
Thank you for sharing your story. I speak from experience when I say it's not easy to tell the world these things, even anonymously, because it makes you feel like a nutcase to even admit that they really happened. But the truth is, these things do happen, and every now and then you'll find that someone else who has experienced it might have some valuable advice to offer.

I would have been horrified to hear what you heard. Even your description gives me the heebiejeebies! I can imagine exactly how it sounded in my head. To hear those noises coming from the room in which my child was sleeping would send me over the edge into protective mama mode.

The good news here is that the entities involved were more interested in scaring YOU than they were in scaring your child. The fact that your baby was asleep and remained asleep even after the noises you heard seems to point to that. I think whatever it was, it should be gone now. I hope you'll update us again and let us know if blessing the house worked.
sharelbroome1 (12 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2010-10-22)
I'm sorry to hear your story. Yes its totally terrifying. I hope you have had it better since the house was blessed. Although just trying to give you a heads up someone else said it sometimes takes more than once and it does. I would love to hear how your story goes though due to we have a similar situation and a new baby too! We had the house blessed but that still didn't solve our problem. I don't believe in ghosts due to my religion but I do believe in demons and evil spirits. I'm not knocking anyone else's beliefs here though. Please keep safe and believe in Jesus. In the bible he gives us authority over demons by using His name. So believe with all your heart and call on Jesus. We found this sometimes keeps things from going on. Good luck and God bless you and your family!
swordsman (22 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-10-22)
Be mindful of the so-called protection from the priest. Demons are not put off by the simple muttering of words, they live off negative energy, the energy that comes from fear, hopelessness and desperation. Kindness, love and forgiveness undoes them, it causes them great discomfort. So if your priest simply wandered about throwing a bit of water here and there without putting any real heart into it you may as well have had spongebob bless your house.
If I had to have a guess I'd say the demons are there for two reasons:
Firstly food... You. You and your partner supply them with all the despair and fear they need to keep going.
Secondly they are cruel. Having a child at their mercy is probably entertaining for them.
I'd recommend having different people bless your house eg shamans, buddhist monks, druids, rabbis whatever.

I live in New Zealand which is littered with relics (stone circles, blessing wells etc) from the Tuatha De Danann, the same people who built stone henge. After visiting these sites I can say they are the most peaceful places imaginable, it would be absolutely impossible for a demon to set foot on them. If worst comes to worst go visit your ancient places, you may find answers or at least protection there.
DCinAZ (guest)
+2
13 years ago (2010-10-21)
Just think about borrowing a friend or family members dog for a walk through or to stay the night with you. They're super sensitive and as they say "couldn't hurt". Peace of mind is a terrible thing to waste. (dumb,I know) Sorry, I couldn't help myself. Good luck tonite and just so you know, you did the right thing. Don't feel silly about it either. Be proud of the common sense you were born with and always trust your first instincts (how many times have you wanted to kick yourself for going against your intuition?). 😊
P_Venkman (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-21)
Hi everyone, thanks so much for your support. To be honest after I had posted it I began to feel abit of a plonker because I have never done anything like this before and after reading it I couldn't help but think more and more that it all sounded really daft. But I feel relieved actually that I can tell people that are understanding because I have been slightly confused about it all for the past few days. We have now been back in the house for 2 nights and so far there has been nothing out of the ordinary. My son has been sleeping in our bedroom and I will continue to keep it that way. I am however going to be in the house for a while on my own tonight so if anything happens ill update you guys tomorrow. Thanks for all of your thoughts and again, your support. Wish me luck (aaaargh) :-)
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-21)
You only have to take a look further down the page of stories, read the one that goes something like "The day my baby was attacked"...Marla, I believe, was the name of the mother who wrote that story here just recently. I never thought an invisible force was able to harm a young baby, physically. Her story has me thinking otherwise. You are right to be cautious. Gook looking out for your family. I do hope you are able to overcome this... And if need be, do relocate.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-10-21)
Your description of the voices on the baby monitor totally creeped me out 😨. I don't blame you for packing up and getting out of there. I hope the blessing worked, but keep in mind that it might take more than 1 session. Sometimes these things are known to come back after a while. Being that you chose to use a priest and wish to stick with the same method, keep a bottle of holy water in the house. Mark the doors, windows, and closets with the water in the shape of a cross. It should help keep whatever this is at bay. Please keep us updated, and stay safe. 😊
dede (1 posts)
-3
13 years ago (2010-10-21)
i think you should know more about this. Iam the type of person who serches things. If you want to know more about god and demons and more, me amd my dad can help you. I don't believe in ghosts, but I do know that demons are real. That was really scary, but I hope things go good for you.
😲
DCinAZ (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-21)
For what it's worth, when it comes to children you should always err on the side of caution. I'm with you, those aren't noises you'd normally hear from a baby monitor I don't care what anybody says. Me, I'd have to have my dogs with me and do a walk through before I'd be satisfied. But that's just me. I've never really experienced anything too frightening and my advice may not amount to much, but I do have children so I can definetly feel for you there. Please keep us updated when you can and thanks for sharing your story. 😨
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-10-21)
Well firstly thank you for sharing your story. Freaked me out somewhat. You must have been out of your mind when you heard the voices on the baby monitor. As you are getting the house blessed, I will wait for an update from you as to whether things calm down.

Once again thank you for sharing your story.

Surya
huendchen (49 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-10-21)
Your story scared me. I would totally freak out if I heard those noises coming from my nephew's room. But in the end, if anything or anyone dared to go near my nephew, the protective instinct would win out over fear. I'd battle anything to keep him safe. Weird how that works. I know he's my nephew and not my son, but we're extremely close. I really hope the priest managed to rid the house of these demons and your family can live in peace now.
Puppeteer13 (131 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-10-21)
Hm well that's just a bit spooky realy. So the haunting has stopped I take it I hope so the young are so terribly vunerable to malevolent spirits. If you start to experiance such incidents again smudge the room with sage focus on cubboads and also for added protection lay down a line of salt either across the door or around the childs crib, wild roses in the room will also repell any unwanted presences. I sincerly Hope that your nightmare Is over, but should you ever need to call upon my services I invite you to contact me through the email on my profile. A Thousand happy memories to come upon you and your family.

Your freind,
The Puppeteer

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: