You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Not Welcome Here

Real Ghost Stories

Not Welcome Here

 

I am posting this story for my brother in-law.

June 4th 2005 my sister and her husband got married. My grandmother wasn't able to make it because she had been in the hospital, hooked up to life support. She had muscular dystrophy and was slowly wasting away. She passed away Just 10 days after my sisters wedding, it was my sisters last day on her honeymoon, and we broke the news to her when she got home. The night she came home was her first night in her new house.

My brother in-law had just woken up because he heard the front door slam. So he got up and as he reached the stairway and looked down he saw a figure go into the spare room, he ran down to catch whoever it was that was in his house at 3 a.m., He chased it into the spare room, turned the light on and no one was there. He knew what he saw but he was totally confused! As he turned to walk into the living room, he saw a figure rush passed him and up the stairs toward his bedroom.

He chased it upstairs and when he reached the hallway he looked into his bedroom and saw my grandma hovering at the edge of his bed looking at my sister, wearing a pink dress with her hair and makeup all done. My brother in-law freaked out so he ran in and said "you have to go! I don't like that sh*t!" she looked at him and then she was gone.

My sister woke up because she heard her husband talking to someone, when she woke up he was standing by the bedroom door, she asked him what was going on and he said "nothing" and got in bed. That morning when they woke up he was very quiet until my sister said "grandma came to me in my dream last night, I got to show her our new house and then took her up to see the bedroom, I sat on the bed as she stood to talk to me and that's when you woke me up"

He asked her what she was wearing, and my sister found it kind of odd but said " a pink dress, her hair and makeup was all done, she never wore makeup" he then told my sister exactly what he saw. Two days later we had the wake, when my sister and her husband went into the viewing room, the both got chills because she was in a pink dress and her hair and makeup were done exactly like they both seen in her dream and in his experience.

Other hauntings by JerseyGirl1125

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Jersey

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, JerseyGirl1125, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

JerseyGirl1125 (4 stories) (8 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-25)
thank you! Yes this was very scary for my brother in-law since he had never experienced anything like it before. He knew my grandma, him and my sister were together for 8 years before they got married. He felt bad after he realized it was her. He had never seen her all done up before.
jazzeyjay (3 stories) (215 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-22)
That is touching story. Wow, a visit from a loved one! Whenever a deceased loved one can get enough energy to come back and check in on us, it is such a great experience. I know it can be frightening to other's around us, but they have to understand that to the person who has lost their loved one. This visit is priceless!

Beautiful story, thank you!
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-21)
It is so sweet that your grandma is visiting your sister. Well, I can't blame her husband if got the fright of his life. It seems that he was shocked and he was not aware that it was your granny. Great story.
Laxe (6 stories) (10 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-21)
Very interesting experience. It sounds like an episode from "The Twilight Zone". You know, with Rod Serling as host. I used to watch it when I was a kid back in the 60's. I still can't listen to the theme music without getting the frights. Very good story.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-10-21)
This is a really good story JerseyGirl. Going right into my favs. 😁 Your brother-in-law had quite an experience. I would have been pretty shaken up too after seeing your grandmother dressed exactly the same way. I bet she thought Oh look...there's the man I scared silly the other night. LOL! Thank you for sharing this with us. 😊
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-10-21)
This is a good story, your brother in law is quite lucky to have witnessed this, as scared as he was it is definitely a rare oppurtunity.
As granny already mentioned I believe she was saying a final goodbye and to see the new home. I have a feeling by what your brother in law said to your grandma, that she then appeared to your sister in dream form, obviously realising perhaps that the manifestation would have obviously frightened them both, well at least your brother in anyway lol.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+2
13 years ago (2010-10-20)
JerseyGirl: Great story! 😊...How sweet of your Grandma to want to see the new house before she left...

I'm sorry, but I wish I'd been a fly on the wall to witness your brother-in-law running all over the house chasing an apparition! 😆...I'm sure it's hard for him to see the humor though...

Again, great story, and thanks for posting! ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: