You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Why Are You Here?

Real Ghost Stories

Why Are You Here?

 

To clear a few things up, I live in Western PA, and I am fifteen. I have lived in this townhouse complex for seven years. What I have been experiencing had only started about a year ago. My home has a lot of negative energy - my mom and stepfather constantly fight, my sister and I don't get along, I have my own personal problems, and the area itself is home to many shootings and killings.

I first began hearing things in the house about this time of year a year ago. I began hearing what sounded like footsteps in the attic. The attic has always been sealed off, so we never tried to get up into it. The footsteps would go back and worth, from what sounded like the far side of my room, to my mom's room. And then magically stop. This could have just as easily been the wind, though.

Then one night I had some friends over. The one, Cassie, fell asleep quickly, but the other, Kelly, couldn't stop looking around nervously. She eventually told me, "Gabbie, I keep seeing people out of the corner of my eye and sitting on the stairs..." I was shocked. I told her I was seeing the same person on the stairs.

Eventually, I began to push this out of my head; I tried to ignore it. Then, it all started again. My mom eventually came to me and asked if I was hearing or seeing weird things. I told her yes, and she told me all that had happened to her. The same weird noises, the same person on the stairs... And something else. She told me she was choked one night by something she couldn't see. She was awake and reading her book, when suddenly she couldn't breathe and she felt as if someone was putting pressure on her throat. She called for my stepdad (I was out, apparently) and the pressure disappeared.

My scariest situation happened a week before my boyfriend from Minnesota was going to visit me in June. I was watching the History channel downstairs, and I was babysitting my two younger siblings. I heard footsteps on the stairs and said, "Lily, go back to sleep." I got no reply. I looked over and nobody was there. I continued to watch TV, when I looked over because I heard my parrot in his covered cage ruffle his feathers... And I saw a faceless man peering down at me over my couch. I screamed, and closed my eyes. When I opened my eyes, he was gone, but there was a loud banging behind me on the wall. I was crying by now, and called my boyfriend on the phone, him being the only one I could call and he would listen.

Little things had happened since then, nothing that terribly scared me. That was until things started to be thrown at me. My cellphone was thrown from my bed at me and hit my back. An empty sandwich box that was sitting in my garbage flew across the room and hit me.

I'm scared to know what this thing wants and why it's here.

Other hauntings by Namirixi

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Namirixi, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

jyang (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-12)
Wowser... Well I believe that it's still there because it might have been the only place that spirit has left to go to... The spirit might have lived there for over a lot of years and is not pleased about your family moving in... Try to communicate with it...it's not scary. Just tell your self that your not scared of him/her at all that you are much more stronger that spirit is. Just because we can't physically see them does not me we can not talk or respone to them.
GoodWitch (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-09)
Namirixi I just want to tell you that I am impressed, I don't even know you but your story sounds similar to my own life when I was your age. Parents constantly fighting, living in a bad neighborhood ect: but you are very eloquent, smart and responsible. I would bet that you indeed have a poltergeist and I also think that sage burning is a great idea. You can buy lots of different types of good quality sage here http://www.etsy.com/search_results.php?search_query=sage&search_type=category&category=everything_else.magic
Sticks make it easier to direct the smoke around but if you are going to keep it burning you may want the loose variety, keep it burning in an abalone shell.
Also if you need anything else email me.
Madyclicks [at] gmail.com
Good luck, be strong and blessed be.
whitebuffalo (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-02)
I have not read any of the comments, because I can just about bet I know which direction they swung.
You know what this really sounds like? It sounds like someone trying to get someone to notice them. The activity started out pretty casually, with the footsteps in the attic. From the sounds of it, no one really did any checking into it, because the attic is sealed.
When the footsteps did not bring about some action, he decided to "step up" the activity to see if it could get some recognition.
The main point of this whole ordeal, I feel is the negative atmosphere OF the home. At times, the atmosphere can lend it's energy to an existing ghost in the area. But another, extremely plausible idea could be a Poltergeist.
I am totally leaning towards poltergeist, just by what you have written. There is the obvious progression, and the sort of activity that seems to indicate the presence of one.
Wado. (Thank you)
butthead (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-02)
i had something thrown at me moments after I saw a black shape run into my kitchen, happened when there was a lot of negative energy in my house from arguing etc.
They sure do feed of negativity, the bad spirits. And especially fear.
I think that when a demon takes a human form that there is always something wrong with the parts of the body. From what I've read this could be long nails on the hands, or red eyes, or strange pointy ears, etc etc... Or perhaps it has an empty face... Like what you saw.
I have a bad feeling its some type of demon, if not in the least I believe it to be some form of poltergeist which may have some ill intent.
Whatever tried tormenting me didn't stay to try for too long, I never showed it fear and since the negativity has been lifted nothing else has really happened here since.
Namirixi (3 stories) (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-01)
[at] BadJuuJuu - That link you sent me has left me shocked! Some of the things mentioned has indeed happened to me. It also sounds very familiar of what is going on within my home. It mentioned shaking beds... Had something similar happen - I was reading and my bed began shaking violently!
Rashidah (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-01)
If you are still interested in using the sage plant to help cleanse your home. You can try ordering some online.

Here in Trinidad, that plant is also hard to find in town because of its usefulness.
Namirixi (3 stories) (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-01)
Thank you guys for your feedback😊 I have considered finding some cleansing materials, I'm just not sure where to find them? 😕

Also, that is only a snippet of what has happened; I might post a second story soon about everything else that has happened.
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-01)
It could be something that was in the house already and it didn't know how to get your attention. He obviously doesn't like you there. I think it's a ghost and you said that you moved into this house. He may have been laying in wait for awhile and is now just making himself known. I think you moved into his territory. You can bind him to other corners of the house so he can't bother you. I have also found that certain ghosts are attracted to negative energy. If your family has been fighting it may have decided to move in. I really hate giving advice on certain things when I am not there. It all depends on the entity and what the entity is. If that is in fact his house you may have to learn to live in conjunction with him, try to get him to leave, or bind him to a room that no one uses. He is not allowed to physically harm anyone. We all have the right to be protected from such abuse.
It may be best to get him to leave so when your family does decide to move out he can't bother another family. In this case you could try a priest. It sounds like a ghost. He may respond to a priest blessing the home.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+2
13 years ago (2010-11-01)
Some of the activity sounds like a poltergeist. Http://www.the-atlantic-paranormal-society.com/articles/general/poltergeist.html.
I agree with Rashidah though, that any advice JimD has to offer could be very helpful.
Rashidah (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-01)
You have a point there. But you have to take into consideration that moving may not be an option for the author. There are finances to see about, and also they might have grown comfortable where they are at.

Demons though cause a lot of torment, although I am reading some theories that some demons are good. Mind you I have never meet a good demon. But that is just me. Someone else may have had a different experience from me.

JimD is one of the posters here that deal with these situations.

As for me. I will suggest that the author burn sage for three days straight in the home to clean out that negative being.
Also, they might need a family counsellor to help with the contentions in the home to ensure that these entities are not attracted to these negative energies anymore.
jasonbaker1337 (1 stories) (1 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-01)
I would move from the place. That sounds like a demon to me telling your family that the negative energy is not welcome there. I believe demons do what they do because they don't want anymore torment... Even though you aren't intentionally doing it to them.

To Rashidah: Who is JimD?
Rashidah (guest)
-1
13 years ago (2010-11-01)
I think this might be a possible demonic infestation.

I rarely say this, but seeing that it choked your mom. And that your home has a lot of negative energy in it may have attracted this.

Look out for JimD. He will help you get rid of this being.
sinner (guest)
-1
13 years ago (2010-11-01)
Probably a Soul from purgatory trying to get your attention OR it could have been a demon.
Loganz_sis (1 stories) (150 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-01)
Namirixi, I must say you are a very brave person.
You have to talk to your mother about this again, you and your family need to work together on this. I am sorry that there is a lot of negativity in the family already, I am sure that is not helping the situation. I am sure you will find loads of advice here, welcome to the site.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: