You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Demons / Possessions / Exorcisms :: The Evil I Unleashed

Real Ghost Stories

The Evil I Unleashed

 

In 2004 I was 12 years old and it was the start of the new school year. Me and my best friend Kate made friends with a girl named Sarah who was really interested in the paranormal. When I was around Sarah we were always talking about ghosts and the occult. One day Sarah told me and Kate she had been doing some research on witchcraft and the Wiccan beliefs, she then suggested that we try out some spells.

So we did, I wanted to see if they worked and I'm not sure if Kate really believed in anything supernatural but we tried it out anyway.

We got spells from websites, from books and made some of our own up.

Sometimes these spells we cast actually seemed to work, for example I cast one to make me get good grades on my tests and I did, even though I'm not that smart. After some research I told Sarah and Kate to not put any curses on people because this was 'black magic', I'm not sure if they listened because I heard them casting a curse on a teacher once and they even made voodoo dolls.

One night my parents went out and I was home alone, I hopped onto the computer for a while and then I noticed a reflection in the monitor coming from behind me. It looked like these red eyes. As soon as I noticed them I felt a burning hot air from behind me so I jumped up and looked around but nothing was there. I was really frightened by this and I had no idea what it was but I sensed that there was something angry with me.

Sarah also had an experience, she told me she would see a human silhouette-like figure in her house. No one else in her family could see it and then Sarah told me she believed she was being constantly followed by a spirit of a young girl.

My haunting continued, I always felt like something was there watching me and that it hated me. I didn't know what it was but I just knew it was there. Me and my friends decided to stop doing spells because we now believed we had opened doors to a world we had no idea even existed.

For the next year I saw things in my home when I wasn't at school, no one else in my family did, only me.

I walked into my room once and saw black energy over my bed (looked like black smoke), I saw a white face staring at me from my ceiling one night and one morning I was getting ready for school and saw a faceless woman in olden day clothes. The worst one was at the end of that year in the Christmas holidays when I was 13. I was reading a book about Myths and Legends, I was home alone and was reading a part about the medieval witches. I then looked up to see a black shadow figure standing infront of me, it disappeared quickly with a gust of wind. I was so frightened by it, I closed the book and put it back on the shelf and ran to my room. I then felt it's presence enter my room even though I couldn't see it. I just felt it standing there and got this horrible feeling of dread and could sense that it hated me. I felt like I just had to get out of that house and as I ran for the door the book flew off the shelf and onto the floor. I felt safe outside, it couldn't follow me out there.

For the next few years I got on with my life and only occasionly saw anything paranormal. I guess I just learned to live with it.

When I was 15 I dropped out of school and spent a lot of time alone at home. I got quite depressed because I lost friends (including Sarah and Kate) and had nothing to do with my life. I felt that the presence that I had seen and felt when I was 13 had come back and it seemed to be stronger now. I was so emotional.

As soon as I was alone in my house I felt like it was there, I heard it and I could somehow sense it, it followed me around and just stood there watching me. I began getting so depressed I considered suicide. I was just so miserable, at times I felt like I would do things that weren't me and looking back on this experience I believed I was at times possessed. I remember getting angry at my mother who had cooked me dinner and I didn't want to eat it. Then suddenly in what seemed like a blink of an eye my plate of food was all over the wall and my mom who was now yelling at me. She told me I had gotten aggressive and had thrown the plate at her. I have no memory of this, I believe it took control of my body.

When I was 16 I had enough. I sat down in my room and closed my eyes, I tried to communicate with it. At this stage, I didn't believe in demons and thought it might just be an angry ghost. I tried to ask it what it wanted but it didn't communicate with me at all, then the next part is really hard for me to recall but I visualized in my mind it leaving. I wanted it to go back where it came. All I remember is having this vivid vision of flying through space, seeing darkness and stars, then eventually falling into the sun. I felt like this entity was being burnt up.

That was it, I never felt it or saw it again.

The next few years for me were hard, I suffered depression and had a difficult time getting a job and completing my education. Now at age 19, I've done a lot of research on the supernatural and believe my experience was with a demon. I believe I had let it come in through doing witchcraft.

I'm rebuilding my life now and I thank God that I didn't kill myself because who knows what would've happened to my soul if that thing got me. I've chosen to share my story on here because I want people out there to know that evil does exist and it will try and destroy your life and also to be careful with messing with the occult.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, angelgem, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Christine_Pandora (1 stories) (80 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-14)
wow scary...

Try keep in mind that the Wicca religion is far from dark magic, they focus more on the good and the nature and are very loving people.
However some times these people can take such good blessings and find ways to embarrass, upset or even hurt others where black magic starts to get involved - it's dangerous and i'm sorry to hear that you got pulled into your friend's consequences...

Maybe it was the rule of 3 being applied here where if something you apply happens back to you three times fold...

Also as a teenager a lot of emotions are flying around so maybe it could just be the stress or emotions that made you depressed which a spirit clung onto?
I feel a demon would have tried a bit more to do something at least and not just spook you (Just my opinion) - and also spirits won't always respond when you want so maybe they were just feeding off the energy you were giving off and their presence you could sense just kept putting you more down until you finally stood your ground and showed them how strong you were by using your mind to cleanse your body and house?

But I really enjoyed your story and hope that you can move on in peace and stay happy despite what life or the after life throws at you 😁
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-01)
This was an interesting story and I am glad to hear that you are getting your life back on track, and that everything is working out for you. Sorry to hear that you had to put up with that demon, and good thing you were able to get rid of it.

One thing I will say however, is that when spells and such are cast, to make sure that you research the ways to protect yourself from anything it may bring about when you cast it.

Peace
JustCurious
Francyne28 (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-01)
I know this is off topic but if you don't mind answering... Why did you drop out of school?

The reason I ask is because that's maybe what it wanted. To get you to isolate your self and loose your friends so that you would become depressed... Just a thought. Glad things are better!
Hoochler (1 stories) (263 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-11-23)
Thank you for sharing your story angelgem. For those that posted who are skeptical, your skepticism is understandable. I suppose no one knows for sure the veracity 100% of anything someone (especially a stranger on the internet) says happened to them, and it can even be harder to believe someone if what is being explained is totally outside of what you have experienced in your own life. Let's hope it stays that way and you never have this type of experience.

I think the important thing to walk away with after reading this type of first hand account is to be careful about what you allow yourself to become involved in. Even if a bogus "spell" were to be 100% made up by someone and then posted on the internet, if that "spell" happened to call on a spirit (demon) for power, the "spell" may appear to fail but the connection to the demon may well be created and grow then stronger over time. This logic also holds true if the spell were real.

It is my understanding that demons of all kinds on the various continuum planes of hell are constantly vigilant for any kind of opening to us that we may open to them through our thoughts, words and/or actions which they can exploit (with our implied permission, regardless if we understand what is happening to us or not).

Thank God you did something about your situation. My YGS story which I posted some time ago about my Ouija experience never got as bad as yours did angelgem, but ended in a similar manner as your story did (I decided that I had had enough of my visitor and attacked him in a similar manner to how you attacked your visitor).

I encourage people reading this to not dabble in the occult, especially if you are just curious "to see what happens".
hagi (1 stories) (53 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-23)
You're correct. It was a devil jinn that you got due to your witchcraft. Witchcraft and black magic work by people invoking the jinn to do tasks for them. In return you have to do evil things like worship them or performing gross tasks. Having faith in God and being God conscious is the best way to get rid of devils. Stay away from witchcraft and people that do it. They are nothing but trouble.
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-23)
I think that young people are very easily influenced. I find it very odd that you were able to research spells and nothing came up about protecting yourself against the other world. As far as throwing stuff and being depresed that is normally the path of most teens. Some deal with it harder than others. What I think is that if this dark being was there it was there before you started playing witch. You probably just didn't notice it before. I don't think that it has any direct link to your games.
anthonylabrusca (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-23)
Holy crap! Thats really brave of you to have that much courage to just try and communicate with the demon. That's awesome your getting your life back, take care dude.
CrimsonAsh (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-23)
I agree with JarMan. I am too young to give advices to any one I'm just 14. I strongly believe in the super natural but not much in all witch crafts or anything. I did find your story interesting and belived most of it but there are some things that were totally unbeliveable. Maybe it was true nobody knows it better than you. Keep sharing.

❤ CA.
JarMan (guest)
+2
13 years ago (2010-11-23)
I apologize if it comes off as rude, but a lot of this is rather hard to swallow. At such a young age, kids have tendency to be really impressionable, chances are you guys scared yourselves with your antics.

Anyone can front up information online, there isn't a rule, it doesn't have to be true or valid. I could start a Magic site right now, that doesn't mean my spells are authentic.

I am a strong believer in paranormal activity, but when it comes to things such as voodoo and magic, I find it harder to believe.

And even the stuff I do believe in, I feel needs to be backed up by faith, that unless the users and the targets believe in what is happening, it is fruitless. You have no idea how many times I've been "cursed" by people online because I've offended them and I can tell you right now, I haven't had a problem.

I also happen to know a few Wiccans, I work with two of them at Walmart and most descriptions of "witchcraft" are far from the truth of the true Wiccan religion.
Loganz_sis (1 stories) (150 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-22)
It is go great to read your story.
You have managed to come this far, you must be very proud. You are right as kids we do a lot of things and never think of consequences.
You take care and do not let it bring you down.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-22)
angelgem: Very true your last comment was, although at that age you probably did not know any better and thought of it as just a bit of fun. It isn't until the door is opened and these things reveal themselves to you that we learn the cosequences of our actions. I am glad you manage to free yourself from that negative part of your life and things are looking up for you. Good luck for the future.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: