You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: Bye-bye My Cat

Real Ghost Stories

Bye-bye My Cat

 

So this is going to be my first story I have ever submitted.

When I was 5 I got my first cat. It was a black and white cat and was very loyal, kind, trustworthy and it never scratched anyone. Ever. It was a male and I always feared that one day its tiny heart would beat no more.

One day as I came back from school, (was in 2009) I was looking for Patch, (my cats name), to give him a feed, groom and cuddle. I searched and searched and I still couldn't find him. I even rattled his food box for him to come because he always comes when he hears his food box rattling. Days passed, then weeks, then months until...

My dad is a renovator and he was fixing something under the house. When he opened the little door we smelt a smell that smelt like a rotting cat body. He went under the house and found what was a cat's bones. It was Patch.

I was crying my heart out for weeks. But... When I was crying, I felt what was like a cat rubbing on my legs. I looked at my legs but there was nothing there. I would also see Patch's ghost and he would always come toward me and rub on me and dissapear.

This doesn't happen anymore, only on Patch's birthday or when I am feeling really sad. Also my dog (who loved Patch and on cold nights used to lay in the same basket), always makes a happy yapping noise on Patch's birthday. The same noise she used to make when Patch was around.

Thankyou for reading my story and I am going to submit another story called "The New House".

R.I.P Patch

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Memoge, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Memoge (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-09)
We don't know how Patch died and he got under the house because there is like a little door that leads under our house.
hammy97 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-01)
poor thing you must be deversaterd is it OK if I ask you a question how did patch get under the house anyway. Well I now how you feel my dog scooby died on the 20th december 2k9 on my 12th birthday. So ye I now what its like 😢 😢
aiafaith1 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-31)
I'm sorry that he had to die. Do you know what caused his death? R.I.P. Patch!

Best Wishes
~Aiafaith1
Memoge (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-01)
I feel really sad for all your beautiful pets who passed away. I know how it feels because of Patch and I didn't mention this in the story but I have had over 40 pets through-out my childhood.Thank-you for the lovely comments and thank-you cosmogal926 for the website.
sillysarahlily (12 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-28)
Im 14 and my cat passed away on the 20th December she was 17 and suffered from a mini stoke. My birthday was in 5 days time yes christmas day. Tabitha had become like a big sister to me. It feels like she is still her when she is not.

I was crying when writing this

R.I.P Tabitha ❤ ❤
aquamarine (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-25)
Aw, a lovely story. My cat of 16 years is missing.: (It would be normal for her to go on little excursions every so often but as the weather has dis-improved and she being quite old I think I may never see her again.: (
mazza (22 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-25)
I lost a cat many years ago. I had taken her & her sister Shadow into get desexed, only Peppi never made it she died under the anasetic. Weeks later my husband & I felt something jump onto our bed but when we looked there was nothing there. We believe that it was Peppi comming back to let us know she was ok.
I had to put Shadow down earlier this year & she was 15. Also my beautiful dog Sookie had to be put down at the age of nearly 17 in 2007.
We still have 3 cats & after Sookie going our home did not feel right so we have two beautiful dogs now. I know our other pets do not feel that they are forgotten that we have a lot of love to give all our animals & they are all special to us.
Trix (14 stories) (407 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-24)
Hi Memoqe, I'm so sorry about your cat. I'm also an animal lover and I know exactly how you feel. I believe animals is a gift from God and given to us to bring so much pleasure into our lives. When they die it's like losing a member of the family. Animals got it in their nature to please their owners, and they can feel it when their owners emotions. I think your cat came back to check on you, and try to comfort you. It happened with me when my little dog died. He came back after two weeks to say goodbye, and that in some way healed my heartache.
Thanks for sharing your story. It is amazing. Enjoy your Christmas and best wishes. Trix
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-22)
Oh, how sad. Patch must be with you sometimes as you are his owner. He probably wanted to say goodbye and let you know that he's alright and that he loves you. God bless you.:)
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
Midnight_Mist (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-22)
AWWW poor patch I know how you feel because my dog died earlier on this year, it's nice that patch comes back and still sees you that's really nice 😊 ❤
casuallyhaunted (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-19)
Omg...First off I'm sorry for you loss. I would never get over the loss of my baby... But I'm sure Patch is in a better place, right 😊? And I see he loves you very much to visit you when you need it, that is the sweetest thing I have ever heard. Being able to be with Patch on his birthday must bring you lots of joy. ❤
DCinAZ (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-19)
Memoge, thank you for the truly loving story of your wonderful cat Patch. Of course he comes to visit you, I absolutely believe that. My old doggies are around me all the time and they play with my other dogs in the back yard. Especially when only one is outside, I can watch as my dog ducks and dodges at seemingly nothing, but I know it's Tippy or Pepsi with them. ❤ ❤
Memoge (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-19)
Thanks for all your lovely comments. It was truly sad. As I say in the story, I was very sad, I am also sad for all of your animals because I am very emotional with animals.
Spirit_World1 (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-18)
Aw I Love This Story... ❤

I Have a Cat And Would Never Dream Of this to Happen To Him (His Name is Merlin)
Your cat Must Love You And You Love Your Cat... A Strong Bond Fills My Heart When I Read This... 😊 RIP PATCH... YOU SEEM LIKE A GREAT CAT 😆
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-12-17)
I am so sorry about your cat Patch. You must have been heart broken. I don't know you are familiar with this but there is a poem and website called rainbows bridge. It's for pets who pass away and their owners can upload a photo and bio in honor of them. It really is a beautiful website. Here is the link http://rainbowsbridge.com/poem.htm
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-17)
My aunts dog came back to visit her, a friend and I heard it scratching on the bedroom door wanting to come into the living room to play. (and I mean loud scratch to where we jumped), I thought she'd gotten a new dog, but she said that was him. I've heard others mention similar stuff. I don't know what or where they go or if they wait in heaven for us, but there seems to be something after for them too. After loosing my last pet, I want another one but the thought of having to loose it again has kept me from getting one. I'm thinking maybe a pet rock. Hope your feeling better now.
Zorforler (1 stories) (55 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-12-16)
THAT'S SO SAD. T_T I know how you feel I have lived with cats all my life even since my birth. I've had cats come and go but they never truly leave us. Also who says cats and dogs don't get along.
Shinigami0 (2 stories) (203 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-12-16)
Aw, this was a very touching story that almost brought tears to my eyes- wait, there one goes now. 😳

When you grow up with a pet, they tend to become more than just that- they often become members of the family and friends, in a way. This story reminded me of a cat I once had named Lion. He was kind of dumb, but he was a great cat.

It was sweet that your cat visited your dog and yourself after his passing. 😊 ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: