You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Demons / Possessions / Exorcisms :: My Sister in Law's Haunted House

Real Ghost Stories

My Sister in Law's Haunted House

 

In 1988, my second wife and I were living in a house that I had bought from my brother and his wife. Her first husband had committed suicide by shooting himself in the master bedroom and she could not stand to live in the house. They had been renting it out, until they moved out of state and I bought it from them. Things went pretty good for a while, then we started having problems with his ghost.

Several times, my wife said that she saw a figure of a man standing in our bedroom in the middle of the night. Then we started having things moved around that we could not explain. If we put something down in the living room and were out of the room for a few minutes, when we came back, the object would be moved to a new table or it would be on the floor.

One night we were sitting in the living room watching TV and all of a sudden the TV in the basement came on at full volume. I went running down stairs to see if we had someone in our basement as my wife and I were the only ones living in the house. When I got downstairs I shut off the TV and I looked all over the basement but could find no one. This happened several more times and I finally unplugged the TV from the wall. I had only been back upstairs a few minutes and the TV came back on at full volume. I went back downstairs and I moved the TV to the middle of the room after I unplugged it again.

My wife was scared to death that this ghost was going to harm us and she wanted to sell the house and move somewhere else. I told her we would have my parents who were ministers come down and do an exorcism on the house and see if we could get rid of our unwanted guest. So I called my folks and explained what had been going on and that my wife wanted to move out and I asked them if they would come down and see if they could get our unwanted guest to leave. They said they would be right down.

My parents came to the house and they started praying in all the rooms and blessing each room with Holy Water. They moved from room to room until they had been in every room in the house and they also did the garage. We lived in the house for 6 more years and never had any more problems with our unwanted guest.

Then all of a sudden my wife started seeing black demons calling her to the dark side and I ended up putting her in the hospital as she was wanting to commit suicide. The doctor said she was paranoid, and a manic depressive and was having delusions. He kept her in the hospital over night on suicide watch and put her on medications. When she got home she got better each day and for a few months things were fine.

Then the real problems started, as she went off her medications and did not tell me. She thought she was well and did not need them any more. She would fly off the handle at the drop of a hat and throw things at me. She got upset with me because I did not get a box taken to the basement as fast as she wanted me to. As I walked out the front door and towards the gate going into the front yard, she threw a large mug of ice tea at me and it ticked my ear just before crashing into the iron gate post and shattered all over the driveway.

A few days later she got upset with me in the kitchen and she threw a cast iron skillet at me. I ducked and it went through the sheet rock. I repaired the hole and two days later as I was going to the basement, she yelled at me to wait and take something to the basement for her. I had already taken the first step down, she kicked me in back side and I fell down the stairs hitting the wall at the bottom real hard. I did not have any major injuries but I decided that this was the last straw.

I told her I was moving out until she went back on her medications and she started yelling at me in a MAN'S voice. It was then that I figured out that she had been possessed by our unwanted guest. She refused to have an exorcism done on her and we ended up getting a divorce. She tried killing her new boyfriend about a year later by shoving him out of the drivers door as he drove them down a road. She now lives by herself and refuses help from anyone. This was not the way I wanted our relationship to end but she would not let me help her.

She still lives in the house and I am sure that the unwanted guest is back or at least is still inside of her. She won't talk to me , so I really do not know for sure.

Other hauntings by saddy1943

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Idaho

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, saddy1943, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Elle0309 (2 stories) (39 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-24)
Hi Saddy1943,

This comment may not get to you because of the lapse in time since you last posted, but if you get email alerts, I just wanted to quip that your ex-wife sounds like she is perfectly possessed. I am very sorry you had to endure that. It must've made you feel very helpless. She might have already been predisposed to depression or psychosis and the evil spirit took advantage of that. If that is the case, there was nothing you could have done to make a difference. Having your family pray was probably the best you could have done in those circumstances. I will pray for you, that God will help you to deal with the loss and somehow find the courage to be happy again.
faith12 (6 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-08)
dear saddy1943

Sorry to know that you decided to have a divorced in times that she needed you most... If you say that your wife or should I say ex wife is being possessed then I think it was not her who doesn't want an exorcism, it could be the ghost/demon who already occupied her body.
YOU NEED TO HELP HER! SHE NEEDS you, you are the one who knows the story.

Find her and try to bring someone who knows everything in exorcism.

Godbless you
hydee (3 stories) (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-13)
Have you ever heard of walk-ins? When one sprirt takes over the body of someone else? I've read up a bit on it as a friend of mine had this happen to her first husband and I was curious... But the websites aren't very good for this as they make it out like this wonderfull spiritual adventure where they share their body with more than one spirit. I'm talking about a forced or voluntary removal of one soul and replacement of another.

Did your wife have a near death experience right before she went "different" on you? And has she ever seemed like the person she was before even for a few minutes, after this started?

Thanks
Hydee
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-26)
Hello Saddy1943,

Yes, as Shane says there was a change, but you know you are always welcome to come and read a story or two and make a comment if you would like. I missed you. Thanks for stopping by to check in. Oh, that is okay about your next story, summer is a busy time for most people so enjoy it and have fun, and put your story on here when you have the time. Just don't be a complete ghost like stranger though, ha, ha.

Thank you so much for responding. I am so glad you stopped by. As Always, Abby
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-25)
Saddy,

Martin had to make some changes to the notification deal because it was causing some trouble here on the site. Now when you log on you can check your comments from the upper right hand section under your login name. Hope this helps.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
saddy1943 (4 stories) (16 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-25)
Abby, For some reason I am not getting notices that I have new comments on my e-mail. I will try to get my story put down on paper and get it on here the first week of July. I have not vanished yet. Saddy1943
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-13)
Dear saddy1943,

I have been waiting to read your next and perhaps last story. Where have you been lately? We here have not heard from you in awhile. Even if you don't have a story, I am sure we would all welcome you dropping by once in awhile with a comment. May all be well with you and yours, Blessings, As Always, Abby :)
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-01)
Dear saddy1943,

I will certainly look for your next and perhaps, last posting of your own personal "ghostie" or paranomal experience story. Yet, I doubt it will be your last. ;) Please do continue to contribute per comments. I enjoy your point of view and perspective, as well as others here.

Keep on Keepin' on, Blessings, As Always Abby
saddy1943 (4 stories) (16 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-01)
Abby, Thank you for your reply. I have only one more story to write unless a new one comes up. Saddy1943
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-01)
Dear saddy1943,

No, this site belongs to a gifted and talented webmaster by the name of Martin. I am but a not so humble, opinionated, commenting poster "star" child. :)

I am "spiritual" and believe in treating others as I wish to be treated.

Yes, I have had similar experiences, many of them are much like those who tell stories here and elsewhere. Many are pretty generic and simple, and need not be repeated due to the mundane. Ha! Ha!

Sorry, I enjoy my personal privacy and have chosen to confine such personal information to myself, as others have also done so on this site. I know it seems hypocritical, but I have always been one who likes the company of myself over people, though I can be in the company of others and enjoy that too, depending on the topic. :) I am a sensitive, and I have found that I need a lot of time away from others to regenerate. I pick up much unwanted things from others and so I have learned to withdraw as needed.

As for writing, it is a talent that I have had since I was a kid. I also make and bake great cookies! Yet, we all have our talents and gifts, and I would not have a clue about Industrial Arts, but I am sure your gifted at it! :) You are also a gifted story teller. So, I look forward to your stories and comments. If I can be of help in other ways outside of personal info., I sure will give it my best to lend you a hand or anyone else here. As always, Abby
saddy1943 (4 stories) (16 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-31)
Abby, I read your Bio. I was just wondering if you have ever had any experiances your self? Also did you help start this site ? Just from the way you write it looks to me that you are well educated. I have a BS in Industrial Arts from a Christian College but have never been much for writting. I have written more on this site than I have in years and I can see I really need more practice. Saddy1943
saddy1943 (4 stories) (16 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-31)
Abby, I agree with you. I do not know your belief, but I was raised that when two people or more agree on a prayer matter that the prayer will come to pass. All we can do now is put it in the hands of our creator. Bless you. Saddy 1943
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-31)
Dear saddy1943,
One can keep trying when the opportunity does arise, but sometimes one can only do so much and then it is time to let it go and let God/Goddess/Creator/One (depending on one's faith) take over. Though, any positive intention, especially praying can't hurt, but can only help any situation. So saddy, we can keep praying for her. Blessings, Abby
saddy1943 (4 stories) (16 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-29)
Abby, I do believe your right but even her kids are having a problem with getting her out for any lenght of time. She had surgry on her knees and can't walk very far and the last contact I had was not plesant so I have given up. I do not know if her kids know what happened and I don't know how to contact them as they have all moved since we split up 12 years ago. I do ask people who know her but she is reclusive and not in contact with any of her old friends. I did a lot of praying for her and so did my parents.Saddy1943
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-29)
Dear saddy1943,

Another good story, well not exactly good, but eye opening and informative. It does sound like your ex-wife was taken over by this fellow who took his own life. Unfortunately, she must have been in an invitingly open state of mind to have allowed him into her body and/or to have this attachment. It is too bad that nobody can intervene medically, emotionally, spiritually or paranormally. If someone could just get her out of that house for a long period of time. I think that ghost is too much into attachment, and could not be gone too long from that house. He would eventully leave the host body. Someone needs to get her out, cleansed and get the ghost sent over to the other side. So sad this story is. :(

I'll send prayers to help both parties. At least, you got out of it. We only can do so much for others until they have to do for themselves, and we need to take care of ourselves, otherwise there would be more losses.
HERNANDEZ512 (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-29)
WOW! I will pray for her, I hope that the spirt is not still in her, no one deserves to have to have that happen to them, thanks for sharing.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-28)
Interesting very interesting saddy1943. Thanks for sharing your story with us. As if you couldn't tell I found it very interesting.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: