You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My Sister's House Is Haunted

Real Ghost Stories

My Sister's House Is Haunted

 

My sister's house has always been creepy to me, and this is not the first strange or paranormal thing that has happened to me in her house. Many family members have heard footsteps on the stairs, had items disappear and reappear, heard things, and seen things. Most people in my family are firm believers in the paranormal and have had experiences of their own, so I grew up on ghost stories, and have experiences ghosts/spirits and the like throughout my life.

This story in particular begins after my sister asked me to house sit for her. She has pets; dogs, cats, and fish that all needed fed and cared for. I arrived at her house after a shift at work. I work the afternoon shifts, so I arrived at her house with my dog and my pillow at about eleven p.m.

I was tired from work, so I quickly fed the animals, and crawled into my sister's bed with my dog, her dog, and her cat. I was laying in bed, scrolling through my phone, when I heard a sound in the bathroom. I looked up through the open bathroom door (it was left open so that the cats could get into their litter box throughout the night.) It was too dark to see anything, but I shrugged it off, because my sister's house is older than dirt, and old houses make noises. Then I heard the noise again but louder, and my dog had stood up and was now standing on the edge of the bed barking in the direction of the bathroom. My sister's dog, which is a lot bigger than my dog, was also growling, a deep growl. I squinted again in the darkness, I still couldn't see anything, but I heard footsteps. I jumped out of bed and turned on the light, and the footsteps stopped, but the dogs were still growling.

I called out to whatever was there to leave me alone. The dogs slowly stopped barking and growling, and they didn't bark or growl like that for the rest of the night or for the rest of the time I was there, though throughout the duration of my house sitting experience, I heard more footsteps, this time on the stairs, small noises, and even the sound of a woman screaming. My brother was with me for the latter and said that he had heard the scream too.

Other hauntings by Art3mis

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Utah

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Art3mis, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-08-10)
Wow, the sound of the woman screaming would've had me "noping" right out of their with cartoon-worthy haste! If I were your sister, I'd want to do some research on that property!
Art3mis (2 stories) (3 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-08-07)
Lady-Glow
My sister says she has heard noises coming from her bathroom but Lady Bird (her dog) has never growled at it before.
LFrog1386 (1 stories) (73 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-08-07)
I must say, if the dogs are growling and barking at it, I'm not sticking around to find out what it is. Animals know things. 😳
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+1
4 years ago (2020-08-06)
Hello Art3mis.

It seems like the ghost was curious about the person invading their turf. Do you know if your sister has heard this noise coming from the bathroom?

Anyway, at least the ghost is a good listener and went to fool around somewhere else in the house.

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: