You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Return To The Old Nick

Real Ghost Stories

The Return To The Old Nick

 

Prior to our return to Gainsborough Old Nick Theatre the Simply Ghost Nights team wondered if this lovely old building would provide as much paranormal activity as we had witnessed in our previous visits to this most haunted of buildings. In fact the paranormal activity we witnessed surpassed anything we could have dreamed of, from a chair actually being thrown when no one was near it, to some awesome table tipping and a chair spinning on one leg, so sit down and be prepared to read a proper ghost story on a Simply Ghost Night.

Once again we must firstly offer our gratitude to John the curator of the Old Nick for his assistance in helping the event run so smoothly yet again. Whenever we visit this superb venue John always makes sure all the chairs are out and no request is too small for him to help us with.

One of the most incredible occurrences that happened at The Old Nick was when a group of ghost hunters were calling in a circle around a table out in the theatre, when all of a sudden in the corner of the room a really loud noise was heard, immediately Simply Ghost Nights experienced paranormal investigator Mark shone his torch in the area of the noise and to his and Rosey's, Martin, Hannah, Sue's and Mandy's astonishment they all clearly saw a chair moving as if it had been thrown. No one was in the vicinity of the chair, this beggared the question who, or what had thrown the chair.

In another vigil in the theatre a different group of ghost hunters experienced activity in this remarkable building, Jo one of Simply Ghost Nights professional and caring team leaders was conducting an Ouija board experiment when the group begun communicating with a spirit with the initials H.W and he also stated that he was forty years old when he passed over and he had being a police officer there. The group also felt cold breezes under the table. Pauline and Hollie had their legs touched under the table. A black shadow was seen by the entire group to the amazement of Lee, Pauline, Susan, Clair, and Mark. Mark was stood in the corner when a man's face appeared directly in front of him as if intimidating him, the face of this spectral being was also seen by Jo herself, Clair, Sue, Lee and Pauline, and many more ghost hunters all confirmed seeing this face and all described the same crooked nose, who was this ghostly inhabitant of the old Nick who was seen by so many ghost hunters.

In a vigil in the men's cells a group were communicating with Freddie on the Ouija, Freddie turned out to be a practical joker and didn't want to tell us much about himself. However he liked certain peoples voices all the women's voices he would respond too, Freddie was certainly a ladies man and had all the women enthralled when they conducted a table tipping experiment, the table at one point was on one leg, and whenever Martin attempted to touch the table the table would move away from him much to the amusement of the remainder of the group.

All team leaders mentioned that in most of their vigils they had witnessed some excellent glass divination and table tipping, and again it must mentioned the number of ghost hunters who saw the eerie ghostly face with the crooked nose. Mel mentioned that in one of her vigils the sound of exhaling breathe was heard, this too was validated by other ghost hunters who had also heard the this strange noise.

The table tipping in the theatre was as described some of our best to date. At one time Sue, Hannah, Rosey and Becky had just one fingertip on each corner of the table and it duly obliged to dance around the theatre up on one leg with and what was amazing it had such small participation required from the group. We feel Freddie and his ghostly chums were very happy to communicate for us and as always we are now counting down the days until we return to one of our favourite location The Old Nick Theatre on Feb 4th 2012.

Other hauntings by Simplyghostnights

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Simplyghostnights, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2011-10-17)
I am with you, Dan. I skipped the story entirely... Why lend credibility to someone who has none. Getting through to this guy is about as effective as pushing on a rope...wait, sorry... I didn't mean to insult the rope.

Lou
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2011-10-17)
Hahaha saw who the author was and went straight to the comment section first hahah and I wasn't dissapointed lmao! Another ripper SGN! 😆
fllnangel17 (11 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-15)
C'mon, why is this drivel still allowed through? Table tipping is a proven scam... What's next, ectoplasmic photos? And I agree with Jav on the Ouija board use. If these places are as haunted as they claim, not a smart move!
TIGERKING (2 stories) (60 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-14)
read one paragraph, skipped to comments, skipped to my comment. Done
clever210 (3 stories) (189 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2011-10-14)
If anyone wants to pay me $1,000, I will come to your house and tip over your table. I mean...um...engage in the paranormal practice of contacting spirits that enjoy moving furniture around. Yeah... 😉 😜
ladymoondust (2 stories) (41 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-10-14)
oh my... I just looked at the photo where thay claimed the table was standing on one leg I would have fell for it if their hands wernt on the table
any fool can see they are balancing it with their hands...
Won't surpirse me if they say before they begin the investigation get the camara the tape recorder and the fishing line...
😲
ladymoondust (2 stories) (41 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-14)
basement rejects and huanted poter potty's I think I should follow these's guys stories just for the entertaining coments afterwards lol.
I love every response.
This just basicly made my night...

😆
clever210 (3 stories) (189 posts)
+6
12 years ago (2011-10-14)
Oh, come on guys aren't you being just a little bit mean? I mean *cue violin music* these people work really hard to find evidence of paranormal activity. 😆

*I am so joking... Just wanted to posted a comment! 😉

This comment from bluefoxx01 is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-10-14)
I'm not one to wish ill on people but I wouldn't complain if one of them got seriously hurt by what they are going?
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+4
12 years ago (2011-10-14)
I honestly think they continue to submit their "stuff" because they know it irritates the crap out of us LOL...
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2011-10-14)
These performance artists, and I use that term loosely, are encouraging reckless behavior by using the Ouija Board nightly in a manner that makes it look like they're just "playing" with the spirits.
They act as if going around raising the dead is a good idea.
They're a menace.

Jav 😠
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2011-10-14)
NEXT on SimplyGhostNights!

Haunted Port-a-Potty! Experience the horrors of the Forgotten Toilet Bowl of Doom! Tipping tables, spinning chairs and screaming amateurs are just a few of the scares that await you! Now for the low low cost of eight easy payments of $19.99 plus tax, shipping & handling charges apply...
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-14)
geetha: hahaha, oh believe me, I am in no way complimenting this cheap work of penny fiction. No, I am just lamenting the multitudes of naive users here that do not follow the comments on other stories by the same author and then comment on a later story with something like "how can you guys be so mean and cruel? They are just telling their true story! At least it is well written... You guys are bullies... Etc etc bleeding heart boohoo" Like this community is comprised of an angry lynch mob of basement rejects waiting to strike. 😆 Well, that might be partly true, but at least not for ALL of us.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2011-10-14)
Deviousangel,
Come on girl! This is NOT well - written... This story wanted to make me puke... 😆
clever210 (3 stories) (189 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-10-14)
DeviousAngel: I agree, although I think the tabloids can be more entertaining. 😆

It seems like everything they post is the same, except for the locations.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+4
12 years ago (2011-10-14)
*yawn*... *click*... This is just sad. It is like reading tabloids. Now we can just watch and wait for the comments to pour in about 'how can we be so mean and dismissive because it is a well-written story'.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+6
12 years ago (2011-10-14)
It's the same old, same old stuff... Chairs being thrown, table tipping, chairs spinning on on leg... Wow!

Simply Ghost Nights,
Do you guys have anything new and / real?

Martin and MODs,
Why do you guys keep posting these guys?

Rest of the posters,
If you are bored at work or school, then go ahead and read it but like I said before it's all the same as before.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: