You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Poltergeists / Physical Manifestations :: Wall Knockers

Real Ghost Stories

Wall Knockers

 

My girlfriend used to live in Mission Bay by the beach. That's in San Diego, in case you wanted to know. One night I was there, we were watching t.v. We kept hearing knocks on the wall and she thought it was some kids outside. I thought maybe it was a branch from a tree. It kept going on for a while so I decided to check it out. I went outside to see what it was, and there was a tree rubbing against the house. I went back inside to tell her it was just a tree and so we continued to watch t.v. We heard the knocks again, but this time it was on another wall. The only difference was that one side of the wall was in the living room (where we were) and the other side was in the kitchen. No one was there but us so we got kind of freaked out.

I told her it's a ghost just to try to scare her for fun. But the more I talked to her about it, the more I started to scare myself. And it finally hit me that it was probably a ghost. This continued for over 5 months. We got used to it and we weren't scared of it at all anymore.

One day we told it to stop and it did. I kind of regret telling it to stop because then the house just got boring like any other old house. Even though it was kind of scary, it was fun with those knockers around.

Other hauntings by JoshD

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, JoshD, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

rose (9 stories) (92 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-03)
The "Wall Knockings" is typical for warning their presences.
This happened to me too. I wrote about this happening in "There are Others in My House..."

The knockings would continue when my husband and I notice it weren't mice or any other insects.
The knocking is not scary. But it scared the living out of me when I told it to move somewhere else. Well, it did, next to the wall on my side of the bed. Told it to return where it always knock and it did. There were times I told it to stop, and it did. But then it continued. The knocking would continue in a timely seconds order, and timely hour. When we were ready in bed. But when we were ready to fall asleep, it would stop, and when we gave no attention to it. When at times I wanted to touch the wall, while the knockings, it stopped. Why it didn't want me to touch the wall during the knockings? I don't know.
This about "are called Knockers and they live underground..." I don't think so, As I mentioned, they just alerting you that they are there. Just having fun, or wanting you to make presences known.

Take care, and continue reading finding answers.

Rose
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-01)
I have never heard the term Knockers at least in this type of venue, LOL but that could be a regional thing. Some have different names for things than I may be use to.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
JoshD (5 stories) (4 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-01)
Is it the first time that you've heard of the term knockers or have you just not heard of any stories like that?
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-31)
I have to admit this is the first time I have heard of Knockers, but hey I don't claim to know it all. I would have figured it to be a spirit of someone who has passed on instead of a nature spirit, but I guess you can never tell unless you are there.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
JoshD (5 stories) (4 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-31)
By the way, a lady I know told me that they are called Knockers and they live underground. They knock on your walls when they are disturbed (for example, if there's a lot of ground construction, which there was during the time we heard them.) That's why I called this story Wall Knockers.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: