You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Weird Experience At My Father's Home

Real Ghost Stories

Weird Experience At My Father's Home

 

First of all, I'm 15 and I'm from Germany, so my English isn't the best, but I'll try to write as good as I can.

My parents got divorced years ago, and I'm staying with my father and his girlfriend at least once every month. The room where I sleep in is their living room and it's quite weird in there, I had a feeling like something didn't want me in there before, and when I felt like this the first time, I was horrified, but then just said loudly: "I've got the right to stay here, I'm the daughter of the owner of this apartment." Then the feeling stopped.

But sometimes in the night, when I'm on the computer playing games or reading something, I still hear things I can't explain to myself, one time I swear I heard some man singing an old song that sounded religious. Sometimes there are voices like a TV that's very loud in the apartment below. The apartment below belongs to an older couple and I think they could have difficulties to hear everything, but those voices didn't sound like the news, except that no TV channel is sending news or something like that in the night at about 2 am (I was still up cause I couldn't sleep). But I just thought I was so tired that I thought I heard something.

Except those few things, the weird experiences had stopped. I thought...

The night of the 8th April, I went to bed at about 1 am. I fell asleep at once because I was really tired, but before this, I put on every light that I found in this room, because I'm still scared of sleeping there. I even sometimes keep a bible next to the sofa where I sleep there, although I'm atheist, I just feel safer then.

I fell asleep without experiencing anything weird. But then, I woke up in the middle of the night, I don't know how late it was, and I opened my eyes and saw the lamp turning on and off, on and off... Like it was flickering. I heard some noise, so I thought someone was turning it on and off. I wanted to turn around so I could see who it was (I was facing the wall at that moment), but I couldn't turn around. So I thought maybe I had moved too much and got twisted in my covers, and I put them away. I could move my arms, hands and fingers without any problems; I just wasn't able to turn. When I realized that the covers weren't why I wasn't able to move, I panicked and tried to turn my body around just with my arms, but I couldn't. I got angry and pushed real hard against the wall in hope to turn around, and it worked. I turned around and the light stopped flickering. I looked at the light switch, but there was no one in the room except my father's fish in their aquarium and me. I even stood up to look if maybe the switch was broken or something, but it wasn't, so I went back to sleep and nothing happened anymore this weekend.

I always didn't like the apartment, but now I'm quite scared of going there again! Has anybody an idea what has caused the light to turn on and off by, like it appeared, itself?

Other hauntings by Lady_Night

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Lady_Night, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Lady_Night (2 stories) (35 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-01)
Thanks to all of you. I now calmed down and, although I never suffer of night terrors except some nightmares that I think everybody has, I think it was probably just a bad dream caused by the fact that I hate the apartment and never feel safe. I'll have to go there again at the weekend of the 20th may. I think I just will look if I experience any more weird stuff.
Petersspirit (4 stories) (144 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-26)
Hi Lady_Night,

It might be like the two other posters said. But you always felt uneasy with that room. And when you spoke to something which you thought was there that feeling went down. So finding out the tv situation with your neigbors is indeed a good idea. I'm from Belgium by the way: also have to check my English twice. 😆

Greetings,
Peter
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-26)
Like Imarealghost has said, don't automatically put these experiences down to the paranormal. Look at all logical explanantions first.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
Imarealghost (2 stories) (39 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-26)
What I believe you experienced with the bedroom lights flickering and inability to move is what people call night terrors (someone will correct me if I'm wrong I'm sure). You went to bed, although very tired and wanting to sleep, you were feeling insecure and worried so much that you felt you needed a bible with you despite being atheist, just to make you feel safe... (which as far as I'm concerned is perfectly ok) So you going to bed with all these things in your mind, fear of the dark, wondering what the strange noises/voices are...etc...etc It doesn't surprise me that you experienced what you did in your room that night. You might not believe me when I say that what happened to you that night was partly dreaming because I've been through something similar and at the time it feels very real until you actually wake up. Don't put it down to being a ghostly experience just yet because that will just make you feel more and more insecure and fearful of sleeping in your bedroom... If its possible, check with your neighbours to find out the source of those voices... Ask them if they had the tv or radio on etc etc. I'm sure there are logical explanations for all the things you heard and experienced and the "night terror" thing is just one possibility to think about. 😊

By the way, your English is better than mine:P

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: