You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Psychic / Medium :: I'm Trying To Tell You Something

Real Ghost Stories

I'm Trying To Tell You Something

 

If you have read my other story, I believe I am somewhat psychic, I have had encounters with entities since I was 21 years old, always in the form of sounds, manipulation of electronics, things going missing and then reappearing in different places and dreams that come true. They happen anywhere, not just my home.

This story is about my warning entity. I have had three warning events that I know of in my adult lifetime; this was the first of three. I realized after my second event I was being warned about an upcoming event, unfortunately, this one went right over my head!.

When I first married I lived in a little cabin in the suburbs, a rental. It was all wood paneling, built in the 40's, was cheery and I was very happy there. There was a beautiful garden in the back with huge lilac bushes, one of my favorite flowers. I was getting used to being married, didn't know some of my husbands friends very well but from what I had seen, they were not people I would like to hang around with. I knew they liked to party. My husband smoked pot occasionally but that was it. I didn't like to, I like having a clear head. I had told him before we got married that I would not tolerate any heavy drugs, I wanted him to come clean if he was doing any recreational drugs. He assured me he wasn't.

It was my day off; my husband was going out with his friends. I wasn't very happy as I really wanted some help around the house. When I asked where he was going, he hemmed and hawed saying something about baseball, making me suspicious and uncomfortable. I had a sneaky feeling he wasn't telling me the truth but as we were newly wed, I decided to back off. Off he went to play with his friends. I went into the kitchen to do the dishes. My kitchen has a space above the cabinets, so I put big bowls up there, plants and this week, a huge vase full of lilacs. There was plenty of room for it and the base of the vase was wide so it wasn't tippy.

As I did the dishes I thought of my husband and his explanation of where he was going, trying to remember his baseball practice schedule and recall a few things about the friends he said he was going to meet. As I turned the water off I heard a noise from above me. I looked up to see the vase tipping then set back and tip again; it was rocking towards the edge of the shelf! In an instant it was over the edge and on its way down, the rocking sound had made me step back and it literally dropped into my outstretched hands! My heart was beating so fast I sat down on the floor to catch my breath. I knew this was not an accident and I didn't create any vibration that could make it do what it did. I had no explanation for it.

I did not know what the purpose of this incident was. In that house things went missing and turned up in different places. Once the springy antenna on a wooden toy bee started springing around like someone touched it. That was really weird. I was never uncomfortable in this home though.

Years later I would understand my vase incident was a warning. I found out these friends were into snorting and drinking, they introduced my ex to coke and got him on the road to making really bad choices. Oh yes, and his baseball practice was on Sundays, not Saturdays so lord knows what they were doing that day.

Other hauntings by otteer

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Washington

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, otteer, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-15)
Thanks, otteer, for yet another eerie tale. We've all heard about things crashing to the ground when there is no possible way they could, but to actually see it happen must have been terrifying. It does seem, to me, that the vase inncident was in connection to what your then husband was getting into that day.
Wiglet120 (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-30)
I can see it. If the vase had of broken on the floor. It would have been more symbolic for you. Broken Vase "Broken Vows" You caught the vase so to me it was saying your dreams are about to be shattered. Was the vase givin to you as a wedding gift?
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-03)
I'm sorry if I'm getting into your personal life but how long were your husband and you together? Did you husband ever get help his addictions?

Also, did you ever tell your husband about your gifts and / or your experiences?
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-28)
Sorry, addressed the last post wrong Lilady4, got to get out my reading glasses! ❤ ❤
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-28)
Lilly...sorry took so long to get back to you, I forget to look at my own stories I'm so deep into everyone elses! I agree with you this dosnt make as much sense as the other ones! Since I'm used to minor disruptions, this helper seems to like to let me know when something is wrong in a big way... Intruder -bilocate a key, drug dealer, car theft - blow up a light globe, first deception in a marriage- drop a vase on my head! I can hardly wait for the next one lol!

Thanks for commenting! ❤
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-24)
What a very interesting story here, otteer. I would probably say that this was a warning, although I don't know if I would've interpreted it as something to do with your husband, if I were in your shoes. This warning doesn't make as much sense as your other story, when the keys kept dropping on the floor, and that was kind of a clear sign that it was to do with locking the door.
I'm glad that all is well.
And, thanks for sharing your story.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-24)
otteer: Ahh thank you for your reply, so you did not sense anything at the time? It is kind of like it hangs in the background so you don't sense it, I find this quite interesting. Yes I understand what your saying regarding the key experience that was a blatant act for your attention your son done well picking up on that. He obviously shares a gift with you. 😊 I agree intuition and gut feeling are something we should not overlook to quickly. Thank you again and all the best.

Dan
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-24)
Darkness

Thanks for your kind comments. Yes, vase activity and reviewing his comments in my mind happened at the same time. Someone suggested these warnings could have been triggered by my own thoughts, this could be true in the case of the globe warning and this one, who knows? My key warning, not a chance, I was reading when that happened.
I do not know who was warning me as I cannot sense them being around unless they are projecting emotions. I got nothing from these warnings in that regard. I do think I have a gaurdian but he/she seems to operate in the background, that's ok with me!

No, my abilities did not help me with uncovering the truth of my ex's dark side. Maybe if I would have listened to my intuition it would have been over sooner lol, I am learning to trust my intuitons more as I tend to be overly trusting and have long ignored my "warning" emotions. They are usually spot on and its kind of fun now to tune into them.

Thanks for your interest!
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-24)
otteer: Great Account, so the vase tipped when you were thinking of him at that exact same time? Well I agree with you I think that this also was a warning. Do you have any idea who would be informing you and letting you have these experiences? You mention you are somewhat psychic, did your gift help you to find out what your husband was up to in the end? If you don't mind me asking! 😊

Thanks for sharing, look forward to hearing from you!

Dan

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: