You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Hotel Sangam

Real Ghost Stories

Hotel Sangam

 

This experience happened about 20 years ago to a friend of mine. His name is Murugan. Now he is a professor in Annamalai University at Chidambaram. But, at that point of time, he was working as a Manager in Pondicherry Road Transport Corporation Ltd. His work involved travelling throughout Pondicherry and also parts of Tamilnadu. He used to combine his trips so that he could save his time on travel. On one occasion, I happened to be with him in Erode. He told me that he would be reaching Erode and staying in Hotel Sangam on the Monday. I told him that I would be reaching Erode on Tuesday morning and would be willing to stay with him for the rest of the day before we started for our individual journey. I went to meet him on Tuesday morning at around 6.15 a.m. And he was sleeping on a sofa just in front of the reception. I woke him up and asked him what happened.

He told me that he reached Erode around 12. 30 in the night and went to the lodge. Since he was regularly staying in the lodge, the person on duty told him that even though no double rooms were available, he would be willing to allow him to stay in a five-bedded room but would only charge for a double room since Murugan was to stay only until next evening. My friend was happy enough to agree to the proposal. He went to the room and he told me that he had a shower before he went to bed. But during the shower, he was hearing noise in the bedroom as if 3 or 4 persons were talking, discussing among themselves. He came out and saw twice before he got to continue his bathing. But, he told me that he had a nagging feeling that someone was watching him even during he was bathing. He came out and went to bed immediately. But, what followed was a nightmare.

He was in bed but could not get sleep. He was hearing voices as if some discussion was going on among 3-4 persons and it was like an argument. He also heard someone was crying. Somehow, he told me that he was getting some half sleep. Suddenly, he felt that someone was sitting over his chest, not allowing him to move. He was gasping for breath before he could shake the feeling. He came out and saw whether someone was there in the corridor. He could not see any person since it was well past midnight. Again, he went to bed. This time, he told me that the moment he fell on bed, it was as if some 2 persons were sitting over him and that made him feel somewhat shaky besides being not able to withstand the apparent weight. He started to yell but told me he could not get his voice and his voice was almost throttled. After much struggle, he was able to get out of bed and immediately came out of the room and went to the reception.

In the reception, the person, who allotted him room, was not available. But, the room boy was present. The room boy asked him what had happened and he narrated the whole story. The room boy asked him if he would be sleeping in the sofa opposite the reception for the night. Murugan readily agreed but asked him about the 5-bedded room. Then the room boy told that about 2-3 months ago, a family of 6 persons came and stayed there for night and consumed poison and the entire family committed suicide in that room. From that time on, the management was not allotting the room to anybody. But, since no rooms were vacant, the person in-charge happened to give the room to Murugan, perhaps because he did not visualise any problem. But it happened that Murugan experienced a nightmare of his life.

He was very shaken when I spoke to him in the morning and he did not dare enter the room again even after sunrise. The room boy, however, brought his luggage and we were given another room.

Years later, the hotel is still there. I heard that even now, they are not allotting this room to anybody. But, in the nights, they used to hear voices even from outside. The mystery continues.

Other hauntings by sds

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, sds, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

HunterJack (4 stories) (26 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-10-28)
hi sds! I also experienced the same when I was in my childhood days. Once may be iam 10 years old, my stepmother and her son want me to stay in theirs home. Since it was a holiday I accepted to stay in theirs house. At first I did not go to sleep because I had the habit of struggle to sleep in new places. So after an hour only I manage to sleep well. It may me 1 o clock I heard some strange voices of more than 2 persons. It was like a quarrel. I go and open the door to check what it is?. But the voices are vanished. 😢
chinmay_lp (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-25)
If I were in that room, I would have immediatly run out of that room after taking shower... Scary story.
badshah_sumeett (9 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-14)
Hey its very scary story yaar. I would like to go in that hotel to experience a strange feeling.
joshuakeys (7 stories) (45 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-16)
Very spooky. Very scary.

And it goes like this...

The Monsoon has Started here in South India, It is raining bit heavily, I was sitting in my room reading this story, It was 2:00Am, that's the time I finished reading this story, All of a sudden Power cut Due to Rain. Pitch Dark every where. Suddenly I could hear Heavy breathing... What was it? Freaked out, Spooked out. I never knew when my dog entered my room... It was Ronnie (Dog's name).

Man this story has a double attack on me 😜
sanjeevgeorge (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-27)
Lodges are notorious places. That's why I never stay in them when I travel. I stay at the least only in 3 start hotels. If this story is true then is is not surprising.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-23)
I did go into the room in fact. But, I could not feel anything uneasy or otherwise, to be frank. However, I was really afraid when my friend narrated me the whole episode. And I want to tell you that in India, it is not uncommon that a family commits suicide. Though not in metros, but in rural areas, these are prevalent even now and the story is more than 20 years ago. At that point of time, I was only listening to these instances and did not fully involve myself in exploring the mysteries around ghosts and spirits.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-22)
bacchaegrl,
I'm a Hindu Tamil girl, although raised in Canada was born in Sri Lanka. People in India and Sri Lanka have many of the same traditions, My parents raised me with the aspect that family honour is everything. Even though with the North American culture, parents and family give their children space for freedom but in many places back home, if something happens to dishonour that family name all hell break lose. There have been many cases where one or people (and cases like this, whole families) would kill themselves rather than face other people. Their mentality is that if they kill themselves their disgraced honour would be restored.

Sds,
That was a scary story indeed. Did you go into that room or stay outside after what your friend told you. Also, did your friend ever go back to that hotel?
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-21)
What a crazy story. Not the ghost story, per se, but the back story. Why would the entire family commit suicide? Was it some sort of cult thing? How very interesting that a family would do that. I wouldn't give that room to anyone either. With such bizarre circumstances, I totally believe that there would be a ghostly presence in the room. Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: