You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Ghost Couple On The Clearing Field

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Couple On The Clearing Field

 

The story happened about 20 years ago. I was working at Namakkal, interior part of Tamilnadu, India. At the time of the incident I came down to Villupuram by bus, public transport, on my way to Injamkuppam, a village about 30 kilometres from Villupuram. I did not know the route or the distance at that point of time. While I was working at Namakkal, I received a telephone from my house stating that my uncle in Injamkuppam has passed away and that I was to go and attend the funeral.

I started from Namakkal and reached Villupuram at around 11.30p.m. On that night. It was summer and the sky was clear. I enquired about the bus to Injamkuppam and I was told that there is no night service to that particular village and that the last bus has left Villpuram around 10.00p.m. I asked one or two persons, who were standing in the bus stand about the route to Injamkuppam and could not get any further information. I came out of the bus stand and asked about how to reach Injamkuppam by catching a lorry or any other mode of transport. Nobody could give any correct way of getting to that village. Then, one of the shopkeepers told me that this Injamkuppam is about calling distance (koopidu dhuram in Tamil) from Villupuram and advised me to go to the cross-roads from where I could hitchhike to the village. I honestly thought that if it is calling distance, it would be at the most about 2-3 kilometers and went to the main road. I asked for the direction and started walking.

I had walked for about an hour and there was no sign of any village in the vicinity. I was all alone in the road in pitch dark and now and then a lorry would pass by. I tried to get lift but my luck was against me. There were fields on either side. I was getting tired and thirsty. I started looking out for a hut in the fields where I could sit and if possible, drink some water. Generally, in villages, there will be a hut in the fields. But, in the place where I was walking, I came to realize that I was the only one person in the entire area spreading in all direction. At that point of time, I began to feel some unknown fear gripping me. I turned around me and saw there was nobody on any direction within my eyesight. My walk started slowing down due to fear and tiredness. The time would have been well past midnight.

Suddenly, I saw a clearing in the field and there was an aged couple sleeping. I started walking towards them. There was a pot in the clearing with a glass mounted over it. I reached the clearing in the field and started walking in the direction where the elderly couple was sleeping. The old man got up probably due to the noise made owing to my walking towards them. I judged that he would have been well past 85 years but he was looking hale and healthy. The lady also woke up from her slumber and sat on the mat. The old man was eyeing me questioningly. I told him that I need some water and requested whether I could sit and take rest for a few minutes. There was a small wooden stool where I sat down. The old man gave me water and I drank the water. The couple did not speak and I told them that I got down at Villpuram and enquired about the village Injamkuppam and started walking towards the village. The old man started laughing and said in a somewhat weird voice, "Will you reach without my help. Don't walk to the village. Take a vehicle. Don't go walking and take my advice, otherwise you will be in trouble." The voice was stern and to some extent frightening. I gazed at them for a few seconds. I was shocked and looked down at the ground and closed my eyes for a few seconds thinking about the advice given by the old man. Then it happened. When I opened my eyes, there was nobody in the clearing. There was no sign of anybody to have been there. There was no pot. The clearing was looking as if uninhabited. At first, I could not realize that it could have been true. It was not a dream because I did not sleep and at that time and I still had the sensation of having drunk water. I instinctively got up and started running away. I would have definitely run for about 10-15 minutes. Then I saw lights coming from my behind. I stopped and saw that it was tractor carrying sugarcanes to factory. I begged and stopped them and asked for a lift to Injambakkam.

I sat near the driver and started explaining to him what had happened. He told me that Injamkuppam is about 34 kilometers away from Villupuram and that he told me that especially place where I saw the clearing was called Kuppam and that many people have seen ghost activities. He told me that I was very lucky not have been harmed by the ghosts.

When I write this narration, I still feel the fear even after such a long period of time and that had happened so far away.

I still do not know why the couple had appeared, why they offered me water and why they asked not to walk and take a lift in the vehicle. I feel that they are benign ghosts. But the experience was shocking and still sends chillness in my spine.

Other hauntings by sds

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, sds, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

toosexysof (4 stories) (18 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-01-17)
Sds,

That was scary. Lucky you, there were spirits that warned what not to do. But if I would be the one to experience them firsthand, I'd go nuts 😊.

Tc!
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-02-09)
Hi Tweed, thank you very much for the nice comments. Pleasantly surprised to see the comments. I felt that it was ordinary water and it definitely quenched the thirst. But I really got scared when I opened my eyes and saw no one on the clearing field. I was running like a maniac. Still the faces of those two elderly couple were so serene and I still could recollect them if I close my eyes.

Thanks for reading one of my old narratives.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-02-07)
Hi SDS,

Lately I've been reading stories by regular posters and just started reading yours.
This experience with the ghost couple is simply amazing! I'm so curious about the taste of pot water now too.😆
Also it's fascinating how the water got there. Was the water 'normal' physical water, or could it have been 'conjured' by the ghosts themselves, 'spirit water' I wonder. Well, I guess there's no way to know the answer to those questions. But it's fun to ponder and either way it quenched your thirst, that's lucky and incredible!😊
Interesting too these ghosts were asleep when you found them. I wonder if this was a way for them to save energy or maintain a their solid appearance. Could also be why they didn't say much.

Fascinating stuff!
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-30)
Hi Sakie, thanks for reading one of my very first posts in this site and this happened several years ago and at a place, I really didn't know much about. No, I haven't done any research about the couple.

Haha, I just got surprised that there was a comment for this story and that too after a long time. I used to visit my stories once in a while to see if there were any comments and was happy to see yours.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Sakie (1 stories) (23 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-12)
You are really lucky to have escaped unhurt! Did you probe further about the ghost couple ever?

Thanks and God Bless.
JeunaBella (3 stories) (58 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-05-12)
Well to be honest, at times I wouldn't be able to return to the homepage of current stories due to my internet connection being 'too fast' in establishing connection so alternatively I just press on the current comments or random stories suggested. And because I don't mind looking at the date, I just assumed the latest comments was from current stories (I was wrong). And yes I know how pot-water tastes because pot-water will be served every year in harvest festival (30-31 May) in my hometown and it is real refreshing. I am from North Borneo anyway (a state in Malaysia but our land is divided by South China Sea).
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-05-12)
Hi JeunaBella, there was nothing unusual in the taste of the water. The people, who are used to pot-water, would definitely relish its taste. It is much different from fridge water and much more tastier. I don't think that our friends from western countries would have tasted the pot water. The water was just pot water and quite soothing then. Well, yes, it was like the road was unending and that I was running for a long time.

Thanks for reading one of my oldest stories.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
JeunaBella (3 stories) (58 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-05-09)
Hi sds,

You must have encountered kind and harmless spirits to the extent of offering you some advices as the others who were familiar with the place claimed there were malevolent spirits roaming in that area. It must be some kind of warning to you that other spirits can harm you if you don't take immediate leave. How does the water felt? If it was me, I cannot imagine the terror of running alone in a desert place at night. The road must felt endless.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-05-09)
Dear Sheetal, I was scared to the bones and even now when I think back, after all these years of experience, I get shivers in my spine. It just came to my mind that I have seen something unnatural and I just ran away and while running, there was a tractor and I took a lift in that vehicle. It took me a long time to get rid of that fear.

Thanks for your nice comments.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-09)
Nice story... You must be lucky... I just want to ask How you overcame from your fear after seeing them 😕
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-21)
Dear seshadme, thanks for your comments. This happened a long time ago and I still remember the serene faces of the couple.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
seshadme (6 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-02-17)
thats a good spirit... That's why they warned you... You have a good heart...
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-09-07)
Dear Yalisai, thanks for your comments. Yes, natives would definitely enjoy the narratives. But still I give a lot of information and that is why my stories are somewhat lengthy. I do it because not only persons from India would read it but also from other countries and from different cultures.

Ultimately, every culture has its own beliefs and what I have seen it is that belief in ghosts and spirits, evil and demons, their behaviour, presence and activities are similar across all cultures and countries. I had many experiences and I would like to share them and I learnt a lot and keep on learning from this site through experienced posters like Val, RedWolf, Rook, Geetha, from Mods like Granny, Miracles and others. I might have missed some names owing to my poor memory and not otherwise.

And sharing our experience and discussions give me a lot of insight. I beholden to all of them.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Yalisai (1 stories) (26 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-29)
Really horrifying! Such a close encounter... Should be gaurdian angels.

Villupuram - Namakkal - Kodampakkam... Nice to read your stories man. Feeling [at] home!
some1scared (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-11)
your story was quite scary. I would have dropped dead if I had such a close encounter. My friend used to live in Villipuram and has had a number of ghostly experiences there. But none this scary. Thanks for sharing your story with us.
vibhanim21 (14 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-03)
nice chilling story. I usually pass villupuram and have heard there are many villages nearby. But never heard of any haunting stories from there.
discerninguser (6 stories) (82 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-03)
nice chilling story and I could almost feel your terror... I too would have been scared shiatless in your place and would have reacted in same manner... But I have a question... You said that after you closed and opened your eyes, the couple had disappeared alongwith the pot of water... But what about the stool that you were sitting on? If they were ghosts, they will not leave anything concrete behind them...
sanjeevgeorge (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-26)
They may have simply warned you about highway thieves.
Is it the same Kuppam where there is a medical college?
chicalovesu92 (12 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-22)
well in their past life they were possibly good people if they'd ofered you water.
be safe and not come across any more spirits. Wait you should see more spirits so that you can tell more stories
❤ 😆 😐 lol =)
TigerLily (3 stories) (145 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-22)
Hey sds, thanks for sharing your story.
My thoughts are that something must have happened in that area in the past. I'm glad that the elderly couple were able to warn and help you, maybe they were some sort of Guardians? Or maybe they have just had a bad experience with that area's past? Who knows... 😐

Thanks again for sharing 😁
God Bless ❤
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-22)
hi there! The couple you saw or met could be good souls however they were earthbound for some reasons. Well at least they warned you and do you no harm.

Levanya (6 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-21)
What a fabulous story, sds (:
The couple might be good spirits unable to go to the other world as they loved each other too much.
What good spirits there are! They even offered you water (: You must be really fortunate
BryanM (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-19)
What country is this in? Because I never heard of it until now. But maby the ghosts were trying to help you
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-19)
sds--
Great tale, almost folkloric. In this I say who cares if it was ghostly apparitions (which I think is the case) or hallucinations from weariness? What's drawn out here is that you got your ride--and to your relative's funeral--and had an objective driver tell you about the former village and ghostly reports only afterwards you.
What is significant (to me, at least) is that you had confirmed that you were done some kindness by strangers, and that kind of lesson lasts forever.
Thanks for the telling. ~ James
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-19)
Hi Trix and Lilady4, thanks for the comments. But that happened a long time ago when I was young and didn't much worry about anything. But, still I would like to tell you that the face of the old man and his wife was so serene.
Trix (14 stories) (407 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-19)
Hi sds, wow this is a very interesting story, I wonder if something bad happened there in that area? It's strange that the old man warned you. It seems they knew what would happen to you if you continue your journey on that road, or maybe they wanted to avoid something bad in the past to duplicate itself again on that road. I must say you were very brave to take on a journey by feet on such a dark road. Take care.
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-18)
Wel, my actual first thoughts that maybe you were dehydrated, so you hallcinated.
But upon reading this, I'd say that this Spirit tried to warn you of what could happen to you, so told you to take a vehicle to Injamkuppam.
And what did the tractor driver mean when he said that you were lucky not to have spirit harm you?
Love & Light, Rachel ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: