You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Ghost Calling Name

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Calling Name

 

I was one of the witnesses to the incident that had happened four years ago. I happened to visit my friend's house in the outskirts of Madras. She was with her three year old daughter and her husband was not in the house. She was visibly shocked to know the untimely death of a boy, who was living in the same street. The boy, I was told by her was quite charming and used to play for hours on with my friend's daughter. The boy used to call my friend 'akka', meaning elder sister. The boy's parents shifted their residence to a nearby place in the same vicinity but not in the same street. But, unfortunately, in a fire accident, the boy had died the previous day. The husband of my friend went to attend the funeral.

The time was around 6.30 p.m. My friend's daughter was sleeping in the bedroom. We were together in the hall. Then we heard the voice calling 'akka'. I just casually went out to see if there was anybody outside. There was none. I thought it was my imagination and went to the hall. Once again I heard the voice calling 'akka'. This time my friend also heard it. It got repeated 3 or 4 times and she was bewildered. I asked her why. She told me that the voice was that of the boy who died in the fire accident. It kept on repeating for nearly 15 minutes and we were shocked, confused and scared. Then we went to the pooja room and after praying my friend took camphor and lighted it in front of the door. We could clearly hear the voice "No, no, no" and then there was silence. We were virtually chilled to the bones and scared. We were praying to God that nothing more would happen. Fortunately, there was no disturbance.

Subsequently, after the return of my friend's husband I left her house. I was told by her that she could hear the voice regularly for nearly 14 days until the rituals were completed in the boy's house. After that there was no incident that happened.

But coming to think about that fateful evening in retrospect, even now I get a nervous and cold feeling and could in fact get the voice hearing in my ears.

Other hauntings by sds

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, sds, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Amchi1986 (18 stories) (71 posts)
+2
9 months ago (2023-07-04)
There have been accidents and incidents, when people who died in an accident or tragedy, returned back from the unknown, since their spirits died a violent death and many of their wishes remained unfulfilled. I have read in some book, that the thing exists and it is absolutely true as our reflection in the mirror. Since he was very familiar with your friend, she had nothing to fear, but since it was a ghost she should have kept two feet distance from the ghost, as no one can trust any supernatural being. Take care. May God be with you and your family.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+3
11 years ago (2013-07-01)
Yes Pragya, you are right, it is a very sad story. It took a long time for my friend to come out of the shock because the boy was playing with her daughter day in and day out.

Thanks for the comments.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Pragya (5 stories) (68 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-06-26)
Its sad story. May be the spirit of the boy could not accept that it was no more and felt lost... 😢
allesgute154 (3 stories) (254 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-03)
Felt really sad for the boy... He probably had no idea that he had died.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-09-24)
Hello ICA, for the sake the family of the boy and that of my friend, I am not really in a position to divulge that information. Please try to understand.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+2
12 years ago (2012-09-21)
Ica: Sorry, but we discourage our members from divulging that kind of personal information... Thank you for understanding...
ica (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-21)
Hi. Where did this exactly happened? Do you have the address? Thank you
😁
discerninguser (6 stories) (82 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-03)
very sad to hear about the little boy... It really broke my heart as I could feel his plaintive cries when you lit camphor... Dont think he meant any harm...
sanjeevgeorge (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-26)
creepy story but I don't think that ghost would've meant you any harm
Bluerose19 (3 stories) (164 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-14)
I feel bad for the boy. He must have loved his elder sister really very much. But I guess you did the right thing by lighting camphor to send him away, cause you never know what would he have done if your friend's daughter really met him.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-08)
sds - what an incredibly sad story. You said, when you heard the little boy calling your friend's daughter, "we were shocked, confused and scared." Imagine how he felt. Here he was, just wanting to continue his normal routine... Playing with his friend. I'm sure he had no idea that he had died, and he probably couldn't understand why she wouldn't play with him.

These stories are always the hardest for me. 😢 I, too, hope he found peace ❤
ghost-luver101 (8 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-03)
I agree with all of you. It is sad that the boy doesn't get to play with his playmate anymore. 😢
But at least he tried (to talk to her) ! 😊
Ghost-luver101
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-03)
I agree with Pjod, this is a sad story. I feel so bad for the little boy. He missed his playmate and probably wanted to tell her goodbye before he crossed over. I hope he is resting in peace. 😢
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-03)
interesting story.
A little sad... I hope the boy was able to find rest.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: