You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Mysterious Sounds In Our Office

Real Ghost Stories

Mysterious Sounds In Our Office

 

I work in Triplicane, Chennai. We are in the first floor of the building and we are the only occupants in the first floor. Two of us work here in the office from morning until evening around 4.00 p.m., after which many of our friends would come to join us. In our office, for some meetings or so, we have our own plastic bucket chairs, numbering about 50, arranged one over the other in a very neat manner in one corner of the office. Myself and my colleague, a lady named GDL, were working in our system, when the incident occurred for the first time.

The first incident happened about a year ago. The time was around 1.30 in the afternoon. Suddenly, there was a rattling sound in the chairs arranged in the corner, as if someone was deliberately making noise with a spanner or screw-driver, rattling it from one chair to another. The sound was quite distinct that both my colleague and I heard it and were a bit shocked. It lasted for about a minute and then stopped. Immediately, I went near the chairs and inspected whether something was wrong and we were keen to know what made the noise. The chairs were intact as if nobody touched it.

I went outside and saw whether someone standing outside near the other side of the wall in the sun shade was making some noise and a possibility that noise being taken as the noise coming from the chair. There was nobody outside anywhere to be seen. I went downstairs and saw whether there was any noise from any of the shops downstairs even though I believed that if there were any sound from them, we could have heard it or identified it differently. The four shops downstairs were closed for lunch. I was perturbed and when I told my friend, she was also visibly upset.

Then it happened again within a matter of about 30 minutes, the same rattling sound and the noise was very near to the chair and we could hear it. I made the similar inspection near the chair and outside but we could not find out the reason until now.

Then after every one left for the day, I was sitting all alone to know if I could hear the noise again. I heard it around 7.30 p.m. To be frank, I got scared and left the office. Even now, we hear the sound at least once a fortnight. We are sure that it is not from any person or persons. After this incident, on some occasions, we had other persons also hearing the same noise. Till now it is happening. But we do not know why it is making noise and what is it that the entity or spirit is trying to convince.

Other hauntings by sds

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, sds, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Dip1904 (115 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-10)
preferably, as mrfear672india said, go with the camera for recording any anomaly and any temperature drop in the vicinity as entities are of pure energy, positive or negative that would be upto later conclusions.
As of now, get these done as soon as possible. Don't keep for things that its being harmless for now, it will be harmless for ever.

It sometimes is also for the fact that some spirits gets stuck in their time of demise and don't know how to move on. That's the best plausible explanation coming up for the scenario you've described.
vasvdutta (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-22)
Hi,

I like your incidents. Well don't worry of these noises simply ignore them. In my office too we would face similar problem. The office would close completely at 8.30 in the night but as we were research team we would be working. Our office was on 2nd floor and we had 2 sections one closed computer section and another open section. Invariably in the night will working in computer room you would start hearing furniture being moved but when you went and was no furniture was moved. I distinctly remember one night I could hear a chair been pulled as though someone was sitting on it.
We would go on rounds and check nothing. We would go back to computer room and it would start again. We also thought our watchman was doing it, so once one of us stood with the watchman, but thing continued. It happens best thing is ignore it. Now we have a pet joke when furniture starts moving outside, we say they have come.
NiNiNogginHead (33 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-22)
I agree with mrfear you should put up a camera near the chairs to see what happens
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-24)
No Joshua. It doesn't happen that way. It keeps on coming at different times and I have a record of the timings and dates since I heard it for the second time. I changed the location of the chairs, tried to find out from where it is coming, everything I could do to give it a rational and scientific explanation. I ended up with a naught. It continues. It happens only in the place where the chairs are kept, wherever it is kept in our office, in a corner, in the middle of the room, or in the small alcove we have, like a rattling sound I explained in the narrative done with a spanner or screw-driver like continuously rapping it from one chair to another, which are kept one over the other in 5 rows.

Regards,

SDS
joshuakeys (7 stories) (45 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-21)
sds this might help, Its just a suggestion, Does the sound occur at the same timings everyday? If yes I would say, you can stay there at that point of time & watch what's happening. You might get some clue, or the reason for sound.

Josh
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-18)
Hi everybody,

Thanks for your suggestions. I tried it many times over and over again. Thanks Joshua. But still the sound persists. The time of happening is not in the night. It happens even in day time. I tried to reason it out by noting down the times, days etc. But still it continues. The latest one was day before yesterday, when there was power failure from morning 9 a.m. To 5 p.m. It continues.
Sahee (12 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-14)
What time it usually happen?
Try joshuakeys suggestion, and if this happen again then it maybe residual haunting...
joshuakeys (7 stories) (45 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-14)
hay sds. Good write up, why don't you try keeping chairs some where else & check if it is repeated.
Thanks for sharing
Josh
mrfear672india (106 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-14)
Hi sds,
I suggest to put some hidden camera near chairs like pin hole camera or anyother device and find out who was making that noice.

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: