You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: A Good Experience With The Ouija

Real Ghost Stories

A Good Experience With The Ouija

 

So a little backstory before we go into the event.

I had been dating my girlfriend at the time for a little under a year. She'd told me she was Pagan and even though I'm Christian I was totally cool with it since I don't judge people as long as I don't have their religion forced on me. I'd been to a few little parties her and the Pagan club she was in at her college threw as well.

So I drove up to her apartment at school on Halloween. She and her roommate, who was also Pagan, decided to hold a seance and talk to some ancestors of theirs with the use of the Ouija board. My ex had made her own board and instead of a regular planchette, they used a shot glass. I watched as they did some rituals before hand, going to all four corners of the room to make a kind of barrier for us. I laid on the couch and that's why they made sure to spread it to the entirety of the room to include me. As they began talking to the spirits I slowly drifted off to sleep. What I remember from my dream involved Freddy Krueger oddly enough, but that's not important to the main story, just an interesting side note.

When I woke up they were just finishing up with the board and asked if I wanted to contact anyone. I shrugged and said sure, crawling over to sit next to the coffee table. After I did a few things to get setup, I believe I lit a candle and then recited my grandfather's full name, then blew it out. Shortly after they said it could begin and then I asked a few things for an introduction. Then the girls told me to ask some safety questions my grandfather and I knew to make sure we weren't dealing with a demon.

My first question was somewhat easy, "Where did you work?", the answer was Bethlehem Steel and the shot glass started moving to spell out S-T-E-E-L, I was a little creeped out but I figured that was an easy question. For my second question I had asked "Where did we go for walks when I would spend then night with you and grandma?" When I was little I had gone for walks at a graveyard across the street from my grandparents' house, there was a long stretch of road with trees lined along it finally leading to the graves. The glass started moving spelling out G-R-A-V-E-Y-A-R-D. I was really freaked out now and saw the shot glass move to say "I love you Kyle". Then the girls looked at me and asked if I wanted to continue. I told them I didn't know whether to break down in tears or freak out, so we stopped, said goodbye and they did a ritual to finish it all.

That was about two years ago, to this day I don't know if I had moved that shot glass myself subconsciously to say those things or if it was real, because I barely was touching it. And then I don't know if that was really my grandfather or a demon posing as him. I have wanted to go back and talk to him again, but I don't know the ritual that they used to do so and after hearing so many bad Ouija stories, I'm really not interested in something going wrong.

Other hauntings by CoverD

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Delaware

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, CoverD, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

BunnyPanda (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-28)
I was touch of your grandpa's word ' I love you Kyle '. He really must've love and care about you alot. I hope you can contact him again and I hope he's in a better place.
Ind15000 (14 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-31)
WOW!
That is the most pleasant and happy experience I have ever heard!
Although I have to say all those rituals your friends did where a nice touch! If you wold ever want to use the board again I suggest doing the rituals, saying a prayer, and if things get bad, sprinkle holy water on the board and take it to your local priest IMMEDIATELY!
Best of luck to you! 😊
wolfeyes72206 (32 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-31)
beautiful story and I am glad you got your chance to know he was with you and watching over you, everything will be alright now just don't over do it and go back to the oujia cause it can change spirits and they can harm you, kyle you are blessed and may God always be at your side. 😁
AngelusExMortis (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-21)
aww how sweet. Everytime someone mentions the word ouija they think demon! Most of the time I think harmless spirits come though just to have a talk. Just when you abuse the board I assume you get the bad things come though and I though demons can only come by invitation so aslong as you only ask for nice spirits you are all good. ❤
DilbirAtwal (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-21)
I think that there are good ouija board 'spirits' out there, but the fact remains that for every 1 good spirit, there has got to be atleast 500. Just to say, this iis ALL from my experiance, I have a very 'awkward' demon hassling me, he gives me days where EVERYTHING goes my way, helped me get to the final of a championship and win it, but the day after it would destroy my xbox, PS3 and TV.
lmllr1995 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-12)
Interesting experience. But I have always believed that the only thing inside of those boards is demons. Not ruling out the possibility of your grandfather, this is only my belief from experience and my knowledge and interpretation of the boards. A demon can present itself in strange ways. 😕
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+4
13 years ago (2011-08-08)
It's my belief that the majority of negative stories about Ouija boards come from people who either disrespected the board, or just didn't know what they were doing and didn't want to take the time to learn.
In your case, you were with people who had knowledge and experience in the correct use of the board. It gave you an opportunity to speak with a loved one, an opportunity many people don't get.
I agree with Rook, if you are unsure who you were speaking with, trust your instincts. Gut feelings are usually correct.
Thanks for sharing this story. 😊
cecil04 (6 stories) (62 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-08)
Thanks for that story, I really enjoyed reading it.
I think that it probably was your grandfather talking to you there and I think it was very wise to ask those "safety questions"!

Actually, what you were doing there was not an Ouija board, this method is called "spirit of the glass".
I am not an expert on this, but these two things are not the same!
I had lots of experience similar to yours (with my own selfmade board) and they have never been negative so far. ❤

Anyway, I am interested in those "rituals" your friends were performing before starting the seance. Obviously they know about the topic quite well, it's nice to hear that you had a "safer use" experience! 😊
AnimalAngels (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-08)
Neat story. Something just like that happened to my Grandma, so I fully believe you. I think the reason your Grandpa was there was because he my be your guardian angel or just a spirit looking over you. I hope you weren't scared by this because you should take this as a blessing! Thank you for this every neat story!

❤,

AA
NpN4poisoN (2 stories) (36 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-08)
Sometimes our mind can go overboard making things happen that our conscious mind doesn't understand. I am not saying this is what has happened but it could be. Ouija board is one of the trickiest things to deal with. If you want results then you need to check with an expert. Any mistake in performing it can lead to serious trouble mate...
On the other hand I am very happy to read about your experience. Its very fortunate to have interacted with someone you love and had no hopes of talking to in this life again... 😊 God bless.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+5
13 years ago (2011-08-08)
CoverD,

Thank you for this experience. It's good to hear about these because it demonstrates that if used properly this manner of spirit communication can be done 'safely'.

It seems as if your Grandfather was willing to communicate with you on this night. As far as if it was really your Grandfather or a 'demon'...what does your 'gut' tell you? When having an experience such as this it helps to 'review' what your emotions / feelings were during the experience as they will help you determine if the Spirit was benevolent or malevolent in nature. It's natural to be 'scared' when experiencing something you do not understand... But when you 'look back' on the experience... What else did you feel? It's these feelings that will help determine if what you experienced was really contact from your Grandfather or... Something 'else'.

Respectfully,

Rook
Juniper (2 stories) (37 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-07)
I have a lot of ouija experiences that weren't negative... I think yours sounds real. And even if it was your subconcious, which I don't believe, the answers were right and your grandpa loves you no matter if your subconcious had you spell it out or if he came to tell you.
PandaBear (guest)
-3
13 years ago (2011-08-07)
I'm with zetafornow, I can't add anything onto that:) I to never ever heard a story about an Ouija board NOT being negative, and I also will never use an Ouija board as long as I live! I promise you that! Xxx ooo xxx ooo Good Luck and Go Bless ya:) xxx ooo xxx ooo ❤ ❤ ❤
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-08-07)
Interesting story. This is the first experience that I've heard with the Ouija board that doesn't have a negative outcome. With that being said, I still don't like using the Ouija board as a means to communicate with the dead. I think evil can also present itself as something or someone else and give you the answers that you wish to hear. But I'm glad you had a good experience with it. Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: