You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: First Paranormal Experience Or Was It?

Real Ghost Stories

First Paranormal Experience Or Was It?

 

I would like to start off by saying that I do believe in the paranormal and I'm really interested in hearing other people's experiences cause it gives me a reason to believe there is something beyond our physical world. I had written one experience a couple of years about my wife's nightly visits and recieved excellent suggestions from some great people here.

With all that being said, I have NEVER experienced anything paranormal myself... Untill today July 27th.

My wife works a part time job from 9am-1:30pm everyday and I work from 3pm until 1:30am,so somebody is always watching my 3 year old daughter. Well today was no different than any other day, other than my daughter has been taking her morning naps again and while she was dozing, I had finished getting everything I needed to do before I get to work and decided to lay down on my loveseat while I watched the sportsnews of the day.

Now the couch my daughter is sleeping on is against the wall and my love seat is angled 90 degrees from it where as you can walk behind it from the dining room and kitchen. As I am watching TV with my eyes fighting to stay open I felt something come from behind and gently press my head and arm and I could hear something being mumbled that I couldn't understand.

It was almost as if something or someone was praying over me. The worst is I couldn't move! I was awake and I could see what was on the TV but my body couldn't move at all. My eyes moved around but all I could see was something greyish hover me but I couldn't move my head to see it completely. It lasted maybe 15-20 seconds but it felt longer. Never had I experience that in my life.

I wasn't scared of what was happening cause I felt whatever was happening wasn't evil but I did feel vurnerable and that's what I didn't like. I can't say it was a ghost but I can't say it wasn't either but it did happen. Always willing to hear any thoughts or suggestions.

Other hauntings by djeter2

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Jersey

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, djeter2, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

djeter2 (2 stories) (9 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-09)
Thanks to everybody who responded. I do tend to believe is was a form a of sleep paralysis. I don't think of it as a haunting but more of a quick visit because my wife nor I have ever experienced anything paranormal before in this house and we have been living here for 4 years. I do go to church and I pray daily so I don't believe it was evil or had evil intent but it was just a weird feeling. It does seem like a common ocurrance from reading other peoples threads.
ghostGuy (45 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-08)
Hauntings are often comprised of a few paranormal occurrences. A one time experience is not a really good determiner to tell whether a house is haunted or not.
It may be an emf problem coming from a household electrical appliance, like a transformer on a cordless phone plug.
Keep us posted.

Mark Kerman
Author
Handbook For the Recenly Haunted
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-08)
I agree, this sounds exactly like sleep paralysis. You are awake but your brain releases a chemical that paralyzes you, which is the body's defense mechanism to keep from hurting itself during sleep. An unusual sleep schedule, stress, and a family history of SP are all factors that play into occurances. SP episodes are almost always accompanied by strong emotions, hypnagogic and hypnapompic hallucinations and varying levels of awareness.
herohead (2 stories) (61 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-08)
when I read this story I had to become a member just to answer this. Sleep paralysis is a very likely suspekt, I have tried it many times'and it is scary as hell... I found out that the couch I was lying in somehow made me wake up unable to move and I twice heard my dad come home, seeing him clear as day. But when I finally got out of the paralysis I whas alone... Scary stuff.
NpN4poisoN (2 stories) (36 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-08)
Wow... Thats one scary incident. Since you could see what's going on the TV and still couldn't move then there are very little chances of it being Sleep Paralysis. However since it hasnt harmed or tried to do anything, it can be deemed harmless. But if something persists I would recommend you to pray and seek help from the church.
Regards. 😊
Juniper (2 stories) (37 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-07)
you should google sleep paralysis. I'm not saying it wasn't a paranormal experience but I have heard of people having sleep paralysis either as they are falling asleep or when they wake up. They are in a half sleep mode and can't move... It accounts for a lot of alien incounters and paranormal events similar to the one you described.
I am a believer of aliens and ghosts so I am sure non believers have just called real experiences sleep paralysis. But you might want to look it up and see if that could be the case?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: