You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: Two Dogs

Real Ghost Stories

Two Dogs

 

My name is Joshua and I am from south Yorkshire England.

I am 23 years old and was around 20 years old at the time this sighting occurred.

Having watched a lot of ghost stories and other chilling videos on YouTube and other channels due to having been bed ridden for the past 12 days due to a running injury, I decided that I should share my story with other believers or none believers.

(Feel free to comment and leave your thoughts.)

I believe that at around 0130 hours on a October morning I saw two ghosts while walking home from the petrol station with my dog.

Having not been able to sleep properly for years due to stress or just thinking too much. I decided to jump out of bed and take my self and my dog to the petrol station which is around a 10 minute walk away.

The journey consists of walking out of my flat and down the road 20ft to then take a left and walk up and cut through to the masonetts (block of flats what contain house's in the structure also) to reach the main road which leads to the petrol station around a quarter mile down the road.

Having been and got some bacon, panini rolls, cheese and some mini jelly baby's to gnaw on while walking home, I let my dog off his lead to enjoy having a good sniff on the field like area that lays next to the main road.

I was approaching the masonetts again which I cut through to reach the main road on my way to the petrol station.

The grass field witch my dog was on comes to an end just past the blocks of masonetts and contains a tree at the very end of the field.

While walking to the pathway which cuts through the masonetts I notice a little dog appear from behind the tree mentioned a couple of paragraphs ago.

The dog looks like a cute Scruffy fur little Yorkshire terrier mix Jack Russell.

This animal continues jogging towards me from the tree at the end of the main road and on to the path I was walking on then runs along side the bushes growing at the end of the masonetts.

I realized that this was an elderly dog by the way it was running, slightly rocking side to side feet not raising much off the ground.

Anyway as the little dog was getting to the end of the bushes it reached a green spike mettle sheet railings. (Those ones with the spikes on top and gaps in the between allowing light to pass through.)

My dog was behind be on the field still having a sniff while this was happening totally induced in his business.

As the dog was approaching me I couldn't really make out it's colour. I thought it was an actual dog running towards me until it reached the green railings, hit the street light passing through them and almost vanished, eyes lighting up as they do when having looked into camera light or car lights.

I thought my eyes were failing me so then started squinting leaning forward trying to accurately see the dog in front of me. I swear that I gave my eyes a rub in disbelief of what I was seeing.

The dog continued to appear in the shadows of the railings and disappear as the light hit it through the gaps, eyes lighting up and then it came to a stop at the end of the railings which is the path back to my road and vanished.

I looked around to see what my dog was doing and he was still sniffing around, catching scents. I gave him a "did you see that?" Obviously not because he was still sniffing around in the grass.

(A very common dog walking area through the day and the night, hence to why he was sniffing around and enjoying being off the lead as he gets really excited around other animals.)

I thought dogs could sense this stuff, see this stuff so that's why I checked to see if he had noticed anything. He usually cocks his head sideways and looks at me but he just continued to do his thing.

I looked back to the railings and realized a white and ginger staffy was running at me to then sit in front of me very proud tail relaxed but the end pointing to the cloud's.

The dog disappeared and I was left totally clueless walking home rubbing my head, I didn't try to think too much about it as it was not scary just weird to see.

I'd be happy to know what you think of this occurrence.

Cheers.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Joshyboy95, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Anno_Domini (3 stories) (167 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-02-23)
Hi Joshua, just putting a possibility to you, could it be that you were hallucinating? Sleep deprivation is well know for that and you mentioned that you haven't slept well in years.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-02-20)
Welcome to YGS.

Hello Joshua.
What a fascinating experience. It is a common belief that animals are more sensitive than humans to the paranormal but your experience seems to point the opposite.

I wonder if an animal's reaction to an apparition depends on the apparition's energy. Perhaps a mean, negative spirit with not very good intentions would have made your dog growl and act in a defensive/aggressive way but, really, what you saw were two friendly and unassuming pooches - perhaps silent and odorless?

Or, it is possible that, much like people, some animals are more sensitive than others to the paranormal and the presence of the ghost dogs went unnoticed to yours, specially since he was so interested reading the hidden messages left on the ground and bushes by his four legged fellows.

Nice read, thanks for sharing.

Get well soon.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: