You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Man In The Office

Real Ghost Stories

The Man In The Office

 

So, this happened about two weeks ago, while I was at home watching my younger brother. To give you some background, we live in a two floor house (basement and main floor). My room is in the basement, with a bathroom right across from me and an office in between. A hallway leads to another family room down here for our PS3 and Wii, the Xbox in the office. The basement is finished and leads to the garage.

I was sitting upstairs when this happened, making lunch and talking on the phone with my boyfriend. After putting the food in the oven I sat down on the couch and had our usual debate about which gaming system is better. After staying silent for a bit both of us (myself and my boyfriend, who was on the phone with me) heard a rather loud crash downstairs. I called to my brother to ask what it was, he said that a shelf had slid off a nail and hit the desk in the office. I didn't think anything of it, faulty equipment, right?

Well, after we had finished our food, my brother went downstairs and I called my boyfriend back. Before too long, I heard a voice coming from the basement. Thinking it was a video game, I went downstairs to tell him to turn it down. It continued until I reached the hallway, then the voice died down. Walking into the family room I saw my brother had his headphones plugged into the T.V while he played a game. Tapping him on the shoulder, I asked him if he had just put them on. He said he'd had them on the whole time.

Skip forward to about ten at night central time. I was sitting in the living room and from downstairs I hear my brother calling "Wer ist das?" Which, translated to English, is "Who is that?" from German. He was also running into the office and into my bedroom, but after a few minutes went back to playing his game. I called my boyfriend and asked if he had taught him that since we all go to a charter school, and he is enrolled in a German language class. He said no, told me goodnight and I went down to bed, thinking my brother had just been repeating a game.

Skip forward to about four in the morning. My father had just left for work and the house was quiet. I was in that weird state of between conscious and asleep, and heard a man say something. Instantly I snapped awake. I thought it was part of a dream that I was beginning to have until I heard footsteps in the hall outside my door. Grabbing my little army knife I was given by a cousin, I tiptoed to the door and opened it, just enough to see a pair of old military looking boots disappear into the office, with a red circle, white in the middle on the upper flap. Walking into the office, I saw a bit of a shadow against the wall next to the window (we do have a nightlight in there, but I couldn't even distinguish the boots I had seen on this shadow, even with the light). Shaking my head I wondered if I was just tired and went back to bed.

Before my mom left for work four hours later, she asked if I had been playing the Xbox and had slept in my clothes, because she heard heavy footsteps and a man say something, but since she was in her room upstairs, it was muffled. I said no and called my dad to ask if he hadn't left when I thought he did. He said as soon as he opened my door to check on me he had left through the garage.

Now, I don't feel threatened by this man, and this wasn't the first time I had seen or heard him, but this was the first time other people in my family have. I would, however, like to know what other people think. I am not insane; this man is not the first ghost I've seen. I'm not really a sceptic, but I haven't seen a spirit since I moved here from my home town (her story will come later), which happened when I was about 8. I just want to know if I should leave him be, or see if I can have him go away.

Other hauntings by Losthopelessly

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Colorado

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Losthopelessly, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

tawny (1 stories) (7 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-19)
I find it very awesome you don't seem too afraid of having a ghost. I know when I experiance strange things I get totally freaked out. But later on I think about how I should have reacted different. Maybe like geetha50 says next time you see it try asking it what it wants. But I wouldn't try to get its attention only if it starts bugging you first. Hopefully its friendly 😉
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-19)
I think you are living with a ghost but I think you already know that. You mentioned that you have experienced ghosts before but I don't know how you feel about them (some people have the ability to see / hear them but are to scared to deal with them). So if you are feeling up to it, why don't you try communicating with it? See what the ghosts wants and see if you can cross it over.
ILee (1 stories) (91 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-18)
In my opinion, if it's not hurting anyone and doesn't bother you, let it be. You don't want to stir things up if there wasn't a problem there to begin with.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-08-18)
Losthopelessly,
You don't sound too put out by your visitor at all. Plus, you don't have any malevolent gut wrenching fear coming off you, that I can tell anyway. And there isn't a bunch of garbage being thrown around on a regular basis, just to get your attention and see if they can scare you. Hhmmm...
You really have no idea why he's there yet, do you? Or even who the heck he is.
Like JC said, it's really up to you. If you don't feel threatened, why worry? You can't be sure he isn't serving a purpose yet anyway. 😉

Jav
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-17)
Its your call if you want him to stay or make him go away. I would however, if you want him to stay around, suggest laying some ground rules for him to follow.

Peace
JustCurious

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: