You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Something Darting Across My Room

Real Ghost Stories

Something Darting Across My Room

 

I've been coming here for a while now just reading the stories because I have always been interested in the paranormal. Anyway, I've noticed some changes occurring in my house recently. For about the past year I would think I see something darting across my room from the corner of my eye like a dark shadow. It's not all the time but it's occurred more than once.

I've also been getting that feeling that an ant or spider is crawling on my legs and when I look down to swipe it off nothings there. My sister claimed she saw a ghost one night and woke us up but she has always been on nerve and thinks anything is some ghost or demon even when it's been proven there's not. Don't get me wrong I believe in this but my sister over reacts over everything.

Also when I have been home alone the floor upstairs starts to creak randomly, usually it only creaks when someone is walking on it and my house isn't really old built in the 1980's. My parents met the people who were the first occupants of the house.

Anyway, my dog will sometimes sleep with me and she usually has nightmares and growls in her sleep. At night occasionally my dog will hear something outside and she will go running downstairs and start barking. A few nights ago I couldn't go back to sleep. My dog got up started growling, jumped off my bed and went downstairs under the table, which she usually only does when she's scared or knows she did something wrong. Again I didn't see anything, but from the stories on here, dogs and pets can see spirits.

Now the night that my sister claimed she saw a ghost I felt a cold brush of air on my face. I have a fan running in my room but it wasn't close enough to push this much cold air up to my face from where it was. It could be the fan after all, but I had put it near my bed once and it didn't have the same amount of cold air hit my face as what happened before.

I don't know if this has anything to do with it but I loved watching horror movies when I was a kid. After watching one of the werewolf movies I went to sleep. I woke up sometime in the early morning, not sure the time, but as I layed down and closed my eyes it felt like I was half asleep. I heard birds chirping and heard my dad saying my name and several voices laughing. I snapped out of it and nothing was there.

Is this anything or could it all be explained? Thanks and I look forward to reading your comments!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Massachusetts

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, awoolf17, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

generalchaos (2 stories) (141 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-26)
Nope, you can develop a tic. I did - sometimes when I'm really stressed, my bottom eyelid of my right eye twitches a little. Didn't start doing that until I worked at a certain place... But that's not important.
I get the feeling of ants crawling on me once in awhile, too. We have a dog. I think it might be shed hairs from her. It *could* be bugs - she had fleas a while ago - but I try not to think about that.

There are probably some home remedies out there for that sensation - can't think of any offhand, but there's probably something. I think I remember hearing a bar of soap under the sheets at the bottom end of the bed might help. Could be wrong.

The house is probably settling. Houses do that. Wood expands and contracts with heat, cold, moisture, etc. If it just creaks a little, I wouldn't worry too much about it. If it sounds like someone is really walking, that's something else.

Your sister is overreacting. Maybe she's even messing with you, trying to scare you. I did that to my younger sibling...:)

The dog - well, if a dog can growl in her sleep, she could very well be dreaming, right? Maybe even dreaming she did something wrong? Maybe she had a bad dream, woke up, and was a scared lil pup. Ours does this cute little yip in her sleep - but she's been known to bark in her sleep too, and even jump and be scared if someone nudges her while she's sleeping.

Don't fret too much.
awoolf17 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-22)
Hi everyone,
Many thanks to your feedback. Paratea23, as for the physiological tic, I really don't know a lot about tics, but this only started about a year ago which I found kind of weird I thought if you have a tic you were born with it. I have gotten used to the feeling as well but once and a while like pasdecheval mentioned somtimes its actually somthing crawling on me. Taz890 lol about the family thing guess you must have someone like that too, but why if my dog is telling whatever is there to back off does she after growling jump off my bed go downstairs and hide under the table like she's scared? Glad to know that it just be my imagination and dreams after I watch horror movies. Anyway a little update after this story was uploaded I slept with my door close that night and I suddenly awoke right after I went to sleep and had a feeling somthing was stairing at me in my room but didn't see anything. I'll sure try to clean my house and see what happens thanks a lot everyone much appreciated!
Awoolf
TerriLewis123 (1 stories) (93 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-21)
Hi Awoolf17, It's probably true that delving into dark areas like horror films don't lead to anything paranormal happening. But I read a ghost story book, & believe that I started experiences paranormal activity. So be careful! 😜
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-21)
hi awoolf17 interesting story thanks for adding😊
Firstly as a horror fan myself I can say that you can watch as many as you like they don't cause any paranormal things to happen (unless the spirit likes them too lol only kidding)
From what you have written it sounds like a shadow person, or just a spirit popping by.
Yes your right animals are more psycic than us and can tell when something is around, your dog is doing what comes naturally to her~ growling to warn what ever to back off.

As for your sister sorry to say there is always one in the family that over reacts sadly your going to have to put up with it 😜

If anythying else happens please add it on here
Carl
p-a-s-d-e-c-h-e-v-a-l (22 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-21)
Sorry, I can't recommend what others haven't already (a house cleansing). I used to have that feeling of ants or cockroaches crawling on my body when I was a young child in a haunted house (now sold). It got to the point where I would feel the sensation everyday. I was used to it by then and I didn't do anything else except scratch it until a day where scratching had no influence. I finally looked at my stomach and there was actually a small trail of ants. My utter fear of any type of insects or critters today may have stemmed from those times...
Andria (1 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-20)
I would say trying sage too. We moved a lot when I was younger. On more than one occasion, we lived in an apartment that already had "occupants." Being Native American, my mother was taught by her mother to burn sage if there were unwanted spirits near by. On all occasions, activity either completely stopped or died down a bit.

The smell of sage is supposed to keep away evil spirits. When I went to my grandma's, uncle's, and great uncle's funeral, they always burned sage to keep the evil spirits away. It's more of a tradition kind of thing for me, but it also has proven to be effective.
Paratea23 (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-20)
That sounds pretty interesting.

I would say if your dog is usually set in her behavior, hiding under the table only when she's in trouble or scared of something, then that would be a good sign something is wrong.

The spider/bug feeling on your leg could be explained as more of a physiological tic, lots of people get that feeling. But if your sure that it's not that it might also be small drafts or fibbers touching your legs too, try to rule those out, if it isn't any of these maybe it is paranormal.

You say your house was built in the 1980's and your parents met the first residents of the home, but that doesn't mean anything. Ghosts/spirits/demons etc. Can haunt the land the house is built on. Just because the activity is upstairs doesn't mean they weren't there first.

They don't sound threatening, but with your dog scared I'm skeptical that that's going to last long. Try cleansing the house with Sage or Holy water, if things get worse post again. Were all here to help.

~Para ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: