You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: My Son Saw Johnny In The Hole In The Wall

Real Ghost Stories

My Son Saw Johnny In The Hole In The Wall

 

This story happened at the beginning of August in 2011. My son who turned 3 in September made me a true believer of spirits when this incident happened.

I've always believed in spirits (Human/un holy if you will) but never actually experienced anything personally, my dad was a minister of a strict Christian/apostolic church located in Carrollton Kentucky and I would hear stories from him about evil spirits that conflicted with him throughout his life due to his strong faith in god. My mom however would tell me stories along the same lines of those spirits but it was more of haunted houses and strange entities but ill tell more about those stories another time so now on with my strange encounter.

Well one lovely night I was at my apartment and I just said bye to my dad and good long-time friend who stopped by to watch the reds game and ironically during the slow dull baseball game we ended up telling ghost stories which was random but my dad tells some scary stories. I thought I'd bring that up because I feel it had something to do with my encounter because I lived there for months and never had anything happen. Now enough with my ADHD and on to the story (again).

It was about ten thirty or so at night when I said bye to my friend and father, I was cleaning up a bit while my 3 year old was playing around the house like usual. I was in my living room cleaning up and my son was in the kitchen shooting his toy gun and out of nowhere I hear him say clear as a bell "ouch, no Johnny that hurt". Now we don't know any Johnny, no cartoons, toys, pets anything he knows goes by that name so it struck my interest. I walk over to him and ask him whose Johnny and he pointed at the kitchen wall and said "Johnny right there in the hole in the wall".

Now anyone with kids knows when there kid is just rambling or really telling you he sees something and my kid was pointing at the wall and looking as if there were someone there. I freaked out and dressed him and left immediately. While driving to a friends I end up remembering when I moved in there was an older women (who I now know) and I remember one day as I was coming in the building and saw her walking her two small dogs outside and as I was entering the building to head to my apartment she followed because she lived just two doors away. Her dogs followed me to my door, I didn't think much of it and she yelled for them to follow her and said "sorry I used to live there as of three weeks ago and moved because my husband died and we lived there for 12years". I kind of gave her a look and said died in here? She stated no but she left because of the memories there and couldn't handle it. That struck me instantly, she never gave me his name so I was going to sleep on it and talk to her about it the next day.

Next day, I go back to the apartment on the east side of Cincinnati and knock on Frans door (she's 65 just to give all facts) when she answers I say to her "before I tell you this odd story I gotta ask, your late husband what was his name... She said John... Chills engulfed my body... I told her my son met Johnny last night and I told her the story and she began to cry. She then pulled out a picture of John and I asked my son who it was and he said that Johnny daddy... I now believe without a doubt that spirits in fact inhabit parts of this earth.

Other hauntings by Cincinnatian

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Cincinnatian, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Indigo (263 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-09-17)
[at] miracles- uhhhh no, ghostlover hasn't put up a story, want to know how I know this?
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-17)
[at] granny,
I'll understand if you have to delete it, I didn't have time to come up with anything better. I'll try harder next time.

Jav
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-17)
Go ahead and talk you stupid little twit.
Not so easy when you're mouth's full of s--t.
Just walk away, no explanation is due.
Every word from your mouth stinks like poo.

Filthy little troll, ghostlovers the name,
Runnin' round here tryin' to garner some fame.
You want to fight ghostlovers?
Well stand right there,
Stick your head up your a$$ and fight for air!

Anybody got a flyswatter?
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-17)
wow - apparently if you are in the company of trolls long enough, you start "talking" like them 😆. Geez I should have proofed that one a little bit better. Sorry y'all 😉
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-17)
Oh, Jave yes!...Always up for a "trollalalala" song 😆 😆

And I need 6 more letters so that should do it 😆
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-09-17)
[at] ghostlovers369,
Are you a fan of music?
Have you ever written any songs?
I write songs every now and then.
Would you like to hear one?
Because I'd like to write one about you.

Jav 😁
hippiechick83 (5 stories) (112 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-17)
ghostlover aka o/p hater. Ummmmm go away please? Troll along now, I mean run along... 😠 😠 😠
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
13 years ago (2011-09-17)
ghostlovers369 - since y'all see the paranormal, have you submitted any of your experiences? I'm sure there are many people on this site who would like to read your experiences, other than the one you are posting all over the place.

Also, what book and movie is do you believe Cincinnatian's story is from?

This comment from ghostlovers369 is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

Cellistme (1 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-16)
Wow great story! What do you mean by "hole in the wall" though? Like a portal? Or was it a wall that a hammer could have made? Either way this is quite a spine-tingling story. Thank you!
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-16)
[at] Indigo 😆 classic! I'm sure she will feel right at home there too! 😆
Indigo (263 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-16)
Ok, I've chosen... I ask that the crap that I've been removing from a local home now goes and lives in the same cardboard box as olivia1234! Have fun with your 4 new room mates livie dearest.
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-09-16)
Medial ~ I know right? What kind of loser visits these sites just to make negative comments, it truly boggles my fragile little mind
Medial (2 stories) (25 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-16)
Apparently. Had a look at Olivia1234's comments yet? Just negative banter on every article she sees. Troll much?
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-15)
Olivia ~ did you and moongrim both get out the same wrong side of bed this morning? 😆
Olivia1234 (9 posts)
-3
13 years ago (2011-09-15)
this sounds like something straight out from a scary movie from the 1950's that I saw recently on TV.
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-15)
great post cincinnatian and a bit freeky too!
Im guessing from your last comment you have come to accept johnny hanging around the place.
Have to ask, have you ever thought he might be waiting for his wife before crossing over?
Ok I know strange question and a bit morbid but that's the thing I keep getting running through my mind like he is waiting for her but does not want to frighten her in her home but is happy to wait it out at your place.
Carl
P.s hope the troll comments get voted off quickly, they are so dull!
Jitow (362 posts)
-2
13 years ago (2011-09-15)
Cinci,

I am in agreement with you, in that I believe that there are spirits around us. I have never seen much proof that they are our dead relatives. As a matter of fact I think an actual ghost or a spirit that was once human is very rare. You absolutely do not need any sort of spirit in your house and I do not believe that this is Johnny living in the hole in the wall. Evil spirits can manfest as anything that they want to, and generally it will be someone who lived in the home or conneccted to the family as a trick to throw the home owner off the trail. Please, for your sake and the sake of your child. Have clergy come and bless your house and get any type of spirit out. Having knowledge of many similar cases, there is not one good reason to let this Johnny or whatever it is to remain. It should not be there, so please get help. There are many experienced, loving people in your area that are very experienced in helping get rid of spirits. You can check on this site or I or some of the others can assist you in getting help. There is never a charge fo this help.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
-2
13 years ago (2011-09-15)
We got ourselves another up and coming superhero here. Yeah I can grok that about the 'holy man' attitude; after all the entire world is dead set against the holy men of the world, all because of how holy and righteous they are. Dead folks coming out of the woodwork left and right to battle the 'lone' force of goodness and sugar sweetness.

The Camping-effect continues.
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-15)
[at] Miracles ~ aww thanks I just ran out too I think woops! And you being bad? Surely you jest? ~snickers~
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2011-09-15)
DragonStorm - imagine a big ole point cause I can't vote for that last comment. I've been bad again today 😉 😆
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-15)
[at] miracles ~ woops my bad! In which case I am simply bursting with pride now! 😆
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-15)
Great story Cincinnatian! That does kind of send a chill down my spine. Having your son put the name to the person in the photo is amazing. I agree with Miracles, and believe that Johnny is not there to cause any trouble. He is probably just content in staying where it is familiar to him until he is ready to move on. That was great how you were able to find out so quickly about Fran's husband. I think hippiechick has some pretty good advice there, she has had a lot of experience with this. Thanks for posting. 😊
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
13 years ago (2011-09-15)
DragonStorm - one of the conditions of wearing the Dumb Blonde Crown is you have no shame! Did you not read the fine print? 😉
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-15)
[at] Miracles ~ You got yourself a deal mate 😆 Meanwhile I shall wear this with pride and a hint of shame at my silliness 😆
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-15)
Dragonstorm - I hand over my crown today, but tomorrow I'm going to want it back 😉 Maybe even later on today, okay? 😆
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-09-15)
Miracles WOOPS! Oh my goodness! 😆 this is what happens when I am recovering from being sick hun, sorry Cincinnatian I need to re dye my blonde roots 😆
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-15)
Dragonstorm - LOL the o/p is a man. His little boy was saying "Daddy, it's Johnny." 😉
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-15)
I like this story a lot, and the fact you got confirmation from Fran about Johnny must have freaked you out but relieved you that your son was not making it up too you know?

It seems he is a protector as your son called him Daddy Johnny which seems like a sweet and protective thing to me.

I agree to talk to him and thank him for looking out for you both, maybe even have Fran over for a cup of tea and have a general chat to him if that's possible? Let him know she is friends with you both as well and appreciates him looking after you?
hippiechick83 (5 stories) (112 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-15)
Cincinnatian: I have a 3 year old daughter that talks to spirits constantly. It's hard not to freak out when your child is pointing at thin air insisting that there's a person standing right there... The best advice that I've been given and I'll pass it along to you is, don't act like it's really a big deal when he sees something. Don't panic. LOL I know it's hard, but it will teach him to be afraid if you are. My daughter is very nonchalant for the most part when there are ghosties about. She's all chill... 😆

Peace and Love,
Hippiechick

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: