You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: New Baby And The Paranormal

Real Ghost Stories

New Baby And The Paranormal

 

I've previously posted stories about some of the activity going on in my home. I took the advice of everyone and had the house and the ground blessed. I'm Catholic and talked to my priest, and on the feast of Three Kings, all of the parishoners are given a home blessing package which consists of incense and a prayer. I walked around the house with the incense and sternly, but nicely commanded what ever presence is in my home to leave. It's strange, but as I was walking around the house, I felt like I was chasing a heaviness around, and after I blessed every corner of the house, the heaviness was gone. All of the noises stopped, no more foot steps, no more feel like being watched, nothing, it was great for a few months...

My wife and I were expecting during the blessing, and as my wife got in her third trimester, a few things were happening. If I wasn't suspicous of the house and on the look out to begin with, I never would have noticed these things. First, the smell of the incense I used to bless the house would appear and disappear, almost like I was being taunted. We would find doors that we thought were locked, were now unlocked, and on occasion, we would see things in the corner of our eyes, mostly me, but also my wife. Never anything head on, but one of those situations where you thought you saw something, and when you turned around, nothing. These experiences were no where near what I was experiencing before the blessing.

Then our Son was born, wow, what a great experience. He is now two months old, and simply put, the greatest little guy out there. I'm having some concerns and wanted to know if anyone has had similar issues with entities/spirits in their house with young children.

Our son will routinely stare off in one direction, and laugh to himself. I understand this is two month old play behavior, but this is the same reaction he has if anyone plays with him and makes faces at him. While I was ready to explain this as normal behavior, I was watching him when I put him in his play yard (basically a mat that plays music and has toys above him). He was there doing his usual staring and playing, and a stuffed block on the other side of him without him even touching it kind of rolled onto him and was bounced 3 or 4 feet to the left of him. He didn't even touch the block. There have also been times where we found various toys or pacifiers he was playing with 10+ ft away from him. He's only 2 months old, and can't throw things a huge distance. Another thing, which we have no explaination for is that we have a 8 x 10 ft wool rug in the nursery. It moves, really, it does. We put it in one location, the next night it will move a foot or two to the left or right.

At this point, I'm not feeling any negativity about the situation. I get a sense that whoever or whatever this is, it's playful with our son, almost like he or she is watching him. I get the sense it's a child or children, but I could be wrong. There is a sense of caring and well being towards him. I understand things can masquerade as playful entities, and that's where my concern lies. I also understand that some possessions have started out with a child developing an 'imaginary friend'. How have some of you dealt with this?

Other hauntings by mark

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mark, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

zyke17 (12 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-27)
ok so I'm a psychology student (junior), so usually at that age children made or have an imaginary friend, that's very coomon but at your story you mentioned some things that a child can't do which is very true, so for me I think this entity or ghost is playing with your son and I think that would be bad because you don't know what the ghost can do to your son. Your baby was christened already? If not be sure to do that it will help... 😁
meda1 (12 posts)
-2
12 years ago (2012-06-02)
this is weird. Okay I just was typing and the computer came off then on. Weird. But anyways no I haven't had this problem. If the child is posessed maybe you should try a exorcist. I don't know if it will work but try
Cliney1212 (4 stories) (121 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-01)
I agree with Rook completely. The spirit could be using the smell of incense to let you know it comes with the love and light of God. Also your instincts are primal they let you know where danger lurks even if you can't see it. I know your afraid that something could be masquerading as good when really its not but I still think your gut feeling would telling you something was amiss. As a new parent your protective instincts are on red alert so it's understandable your worried. If you start to really feel something's not right go back to the church and ask for help otherwise maybe accept that your child is loved not only by his earthly family but also his heavenly one too... 😊
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-01)
mark,

Two 'BIG' things stand out in what's now happening in your house that are clues that whatever is 'visiting' means no harm... The first is the smell of the incense... The same incense used for the Home Blessing... The second is your 'gut feeling'. The incense is from the Church and 'something bad' cannot do things in 'His Name'. So I do not believe you would smell the same incense.

As far as the second, you have to trust your instincts when it comes to protecting your Family. You happen to believe in Heavenly Father (as do I)...through Him the 'Holy Spirit' will give you that 'gut feeling'...bad person, bad situation ect and we should heed that 'inner voice'. For a 'less religious' perspective... Malevolent /Evil Spirits or Entities can 'Look Fair' but they will 'Feel Foul'. (Frodo in Lord of the Rings says it best..."I think a servant of the Enemy would look Fairer and Feel Fouler..."

Having said that Blessings and Cleansing's as well as putting up a Shield around your Home and Family has to be re-done every so often to insure it stays strong as time and negative emotions / energy can 'weaken' these things.

Here is a Method I use for my Family... You can insert any Religion's Teachings of your Choice into it, or you can just focus on Positive Thoughts and Energy...

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

Thank you for sharing this with us and please keep us updated.

Respectfully,

Rook

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: