You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Grandfather's Visit

Real Ghost Stories

Grandfather's Visit

 

This is the first time I share my story with so many people (except for my husband and a very close friend nobody knows about it). I always get a little touchy when I talk about it, now more than ever as I came to find a few things that left some questions unanswered (but that's another story).

Although I was only 4 years old when my maternal grandfather was killed in a hit and run accident I can still remember every detail of that fateful night, probably because I was his only granddaughter and he spent every free time with me, we created a very special connection and those memories are still very vivid in my mind. My grandparents lived with us, and after my grandfather's death I grew very attached to my granny.

On to the story now, when I was younger my mom had a very pleasant way to wake me up (I was around 11 when it happened), she would come to my room and start petting my hair and say that it was time to wake up. One Sunday morning, I woke up and turned my TV on to assist my favourite show, a few minutes later I heard my parents and realised they were up and getting ready to go to church. As I heard my mom heading towards the bathroom and started talking to my dad, and me being a small brat, pretended to be asleep expecting my parents to pity me and reconsider taking me with them. So I stood very still, eyes closed listening to the cartoons on my TV at the same time. Suddenly, I heard my door opening, footsteps coming around my bed in my direction (it was queen sized bed and I used to sleep on the opposite side from the door) and stopped by my side. Then started petting my hair and all of the sudden was gone. I quickly opened my eyes and my mom was nowhere to be found and I could still hear my parents talking! I thought it was odd and was a little intrigued but still thought my mom had come to my room and I just missed her. I got up, got ready and left with my parents and granny to the church.

On our way there, I asked my mom why she had "woke me up" without saying anything and how she got out of the room so fast, she gave me a confused look and said she didn't go there because she saw me getting up and getting ready! Then I asked my dad, he said the same thing... Then my granny, and she said she got up very early (like usual) and didn't go to the upper floor after getting up. My mom asked what was that all questioning for and I replied that I must have dreamt it. Of course I knew better.

The funny thing is, right after that the thought of my grandfather just popped out in my head and I this overwhelming feeling came over me! I didn't feel scared, actually the thought of having him visiting made me very happy.

In any case, I would very much like to know what you think about it.

Other hauntings by BeautInside

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, BeautInside, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

dustyisdead (2 stories) (90 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-09-28)
what a nice story. Everyone has pretty much said it all, so I'll just concur with them in saying it was most def your grandpa giving you a "what's up" from the grave.

I will say though that the part about you pretending to be asleep to get some attention cracked me up. Kids love attention haha.
BeautInside (3 stories) (326 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-09-28)
Thanks to everybody who answered. Now there is no doubt that my grandpa came to visit me and teach me a lesson 😁

God bless ❤
LittleRock (1 stories) (1 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-09-21)
This is such a lovely story! I think it was your Grandpa's way of teaching you not to miss church haha! It also shows that you have a very loving Grandpa watching over, not only you, but your family as well as he knew that patting your head was a comfort from your mother:)
champion (3 stories) (172 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-09-20)
great story- Got you up and ready for church and some reassuring faith that their is more to life. No doubt in my mind your Grandpa was there.

Champion
BeautInside (3 stories) (326 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-09-20)
Javelina- It made me smile too, and it still does, but there was another side to it. All that matters now is that he's finally at peace. ❤

Suneyedgirl- it happened about 7 years after his passing. Even though it seemes a long time, I recently discovered that he left a pending situation when he died. For what I came to know this is very common in those cases, as I mentioned on the story he died in a hit and run accident (it nearly hitted my mom too, she was with him at the time and watched everything), he was 4 days in a comma and then passed away. I believe that he left so many things to do that he had to stick around for some time.
suneyedgirl (2 stories) (16 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-09-20)
That's so sweet! It made me feel so warm and happy to read that. Did this happen soon after your grandfather died or much later?
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-09-20)
BeautInside,
This was such a sweet gesture that your grandfather made toward you, it makes me smile. Of course it had to be him.
Thank you for sharing this experience with us.
I just loved this story!

Jav ❤
jwowzer (2 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-09-19)
This experience only happened to me once. Since, my spirit guide knows I don't like him to move things on me or touch me or even suddenly appear and spook me. I have made that clear to him too many times. I only like them to talk telepathic to me, which is way simplier then talking to the air and everyone thinking I'm nuts (which also could be a possibablity). But, it happened when I was laying in bed also but I was really stessed at the time. I was asleep and suddenly I felt my arm being squeezed. I thought it was my kids trying to wake me up and I looked and no one was there. So, then I yeld at him and said "You know I don't like you touching me" and then I heard get over yourself your fine. I knew it was my spirit guide Robert. Yay, I'm so lucky I have a man guided me through life (not). He happens to get on my nerves a lot. But, he says I get on his and I don't listen and he's right I don't. I also have a female spriit guide too but I'm not sure if she is a full time spirit guide or if she just comes to help Robet out because I'm such a mess. But, she is really really smart. Her name is Madalyn.
BeautInside (3 stories) (326 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-09-19)
JaymeAnne- that's exactly what I think. That was a tender gesture, that's something that only somebody close to you would do. He did exactly what my mom was doing, except for the talking. 😁

Zetafornow- yes, I learnt my lesson. 😆 Now, I also don't question things too much, but as young girl I was very curious and was always trying to find explanations for everything. Even though logical explanations were always, and still are, the first in my mind. But I actually believe that was a blessing from God- allowing my grandpa to visit me. ❤
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-09-19)
I certainly believe that there is no reason it was not your grandfather. I guess you learned your lesson on no playing hooky from church. 😁 Anyway, when things like this happen to me, I don't question it too much. Rather, I accept it and say a thank you to God for allowing my loved one to come through. A loving sign from someone who has passed is the greatest blessing one can get. Thanks for sharing this wonderful story. Zeta
JaymeAnne (4 stories) (14 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-09-19)
I think it's possible that it was your grandfather. Stroking your hair seems like something a loving family member would do, especially if they knew it was something you enjoyed. It just doesn't sound like something a random spirit would do, to me anyway. But I could be wrong.
I do hope it was him checking on you, and I hope he gets another opportunity to let you know he's there if it was him.
😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: