You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Childhood Home

Real Ghost Stories

Childhood Home

 

This story is going back to when I was a kid. I grew up in a house that was over a hundred years old. It was a really spooky house and it looked the part. The yard was quite large and was full of trees. The weather boards were rotting and the tin on the roof used to bang in the wind along with all the trees that used to screech on the tin and bang on the house. In order to get hot water we had to have a coal range burning day and night, which created a spooky sound as the hot water was pumped through the pipes. It was right next to a river, and across the water you could see the local cemetery. Just looking at the place used to give me the heeby jeebies.

throughout all the years I lived there, I would always see cats in the corner of my eye. Not just a few times. I mean like all day every day.

Strange noises and strange things happening weren't rare. At night time, this place was really scary as a kid. My first encounter there was when we went to look at buying the place. I think I was around 3 or 4 years old. We had finished looking at the place and we all went to go out the front door. I was last to get to the door and either my brother slammed it on me or the door slammed itself. I was too short to reach the snib to unlock it so I was there jumping up and down trying to open it and panic was setting in. Everyone just went and jumped in the car leaving me in there. I was starting to get real scared when the old lady who owned it reached out with a smile and let me out. I wasted no time and sprinted to the car calling out "thank you" to the old lady.

one day (when I was about 6-7) I was in the second sitting room when I saw my brother walk past, open the door and walk in to the dining room. I called to him and I went to follow him through the door. He ignored my call and continued walking, closing the door in my face. I thought that was strange, however I opened the door and called to him again. He just kept walking toward the kitchen and, to my surprise he walked through the door. Without opening it. At seeing that I stopped following and thought about it for a second. I thought I must have blinked and missed it or something, so I opened the door and went into the kitchen. No one was in the kitchen. The only room left was the bathroom. I knocked on the door and my other brother answered and said he was the only one in there. Now my stomach dropped and a yelled "I JUST SAW A GHOST!" and I sprinted to the main lounge where my family was. As I was running away my brother in the bathroom was calling "WAIT FOR ME!" when I asked the brother who I thought I saw if he was in there he said no. And the rest of them said so too.

Later my 2 oldest brothers moved to live with our dad and we younger 2 stayed there. There were times when we would have an arguement, and as we were just about to start hitting each other things would fly off the shelves. It happened with a heavy pot plant which spilled soil everywhere on one occasion. Other times boxes of toys and other things. We used to fight alot.

Later in life when I also was living with my father I would have a vision of the house, and feel it bekoning me back. I would think there was no way I would ever go back. But... I would later found myself back there. This happened more than once. As time went by I became very fond of the house. In the later years it was no longer scary. It was brighter and I loved the place. We sold it a few years back now. And I do miss it.

There's a lot more I would love to add but this should be enough. Plenty of time to share the rest later. Thanks for reading.

Other hauntings by TIGERKING

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Zealand

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, TIGERKING, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Preciouspip (2 stories) (12 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-19)
I see this story makes sense to me, but I seem to conclude the poor volcabuary, I really enjoyed the reading of the story.
It does though make me wondermifnthe story was thoroughly edited and mistakes beridded.

Thanks pp:-)
stephyw2001 (guest)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-26)
Tigerking has migrated to the psychic page. Submitting stories and such there. Doesn't seem to be ticking off people there...yet. Perhaps he/she's starting off on a different paw? 😊
bigsasquatch (1 stories) (29 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-24)
Maybe the "pot" had something to do with it lol "It happened with a heavy pot plant which spilled soil everywhere on one occasion."
believer21 (3 stories) (56 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-20)
I read this and didn't realize the author until I had finished.
I have questions too...

On a side note, maybe its just me but I get the odd feeling TK is a female. Certin things that are said and how they are written.
Fanny (2 stories) (105 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2011-10-19)
LondonLady, the author of this story is a troll. Which means be basically went around writing rediculous comments trying to upset people. Our wonderful Granny here worked very hard and diligently at removing a lot of his comments but if you click on my name and then my story "Who Kicked the Dog" you can see some of his comments there.

Tigerking has been blocked, at least temporarily, which is why he is unable to respond to any questions. Unless he creates another account under a different name.

I hope that filled you in and answered your questions.

Best,
Fanny ❤
Hamza212 (1 stories) (6 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2011-10-19)
well at least it's over, probably just a ghost feeding off your guys's bad energy. 😲
LondonLady (2 stories) (11 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-19)
😕 Why is the author no able to respond? Sorry I have most likely missed a point!?!

Diane
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+2
12 years ago (2011-10-19)
Well, I have questions, but I see this author can no longer respond 😐

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: