You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Paranormal Influence Or Just A Coincidence?

Real Ghost Stories

Paranormal Influence Or Just A Coincidence?

 

A few years ago, I was dating this guy, who is a devout Christian. I never really thought too much about religion, and I still sort of kind of don't but he and I talked about it, and I began to question the whole Christianity religion.

I used to sleep all day and stay up all night so my experience happened when I was very much wide awake. There is a little cubby hole (or what I call a cubby hole) it leads into and out of the hallway and my room. You have to turn the corner off of the hallway, to go into the cubby hole. The open doorway of the cubby hole is straight across from the bathroom. The hallway is so small, that it literally takes less than three steps from my room to the bathroom.

So, I went to the bathroom one night, and I was standing at the opening of the hallway/cubby hole, and I looked down the hallway like I normally do force of habit, and I saw a very dark black shadow mass, I can't fully remember if it was a little shorter than me (I'm 5'1) or if it was eye level. But, I could make out a head and shoulders, and the rest was, I guess you could say, like a big blob; just a dark mass. I was like "What the heck is that?".

I could clearly see because the bathroom door was open, and we had a motion sensor night light so the light was on. From the hallway you can see the living room and kitchen. We always keep the kitchen light over the stove on so there was plenty of light to see. Before I could blink, in less than a second it was right in front of my face just standing there.

Suddenly, I had seen a bright blue and white light. It wasn't really in a shape of a ball, it was sort of like a star kind of shape. Sort of like when light bounces off a prism, has that long star shape. It flew down the hall and hit the shadow into the bathroom in like a second. That didn't make any noise, my bathtub is fiberglass so if you hit it, it makes a popping sound. Suddenly, I heard the tub pop.

I was shocked, it kind of scared me. I don't know what it was, I quickly turned around, went into my room, shut the door, locked it, and sat on my bed. The whole time I was on the phone with my boyfriend, I told him what had happened. He was shocked, but he believed me. He kept on telling me what he thought it was, but I never listened.

Another experience I had was when I was still dating him. I was still questioning the religion and the bible and everything. He and I were fighting a lot because of it. I had broken up with him because I thought we needed a break. So while this time we were broken up, I started talking to this other guy. He and I would talk all day, everyday, on the phone seeing each other and stuff like that. Well, the sexual tension and temptation were definitely there, but the whole time I was talking to this other guy I was on the monthly. It had just come up out of nowhere like my monthly normally does, and it had to of been two or three weeks.

It was during the summer, and I ran the A/C all the time, but my room stayed hot extremely hot. Even with a fan on and my vent wide open it was like an oven, and I couldn't figure out why. I always kept my door open to let the air flow. I even made sure that it wasn't just me. I got my mom, my dad, brothers and sister to double check, and they couldn't figure it out either. I literally stuck one foot out of the threshold of my door and one foot in my room and there was a BIG difference in temperature. Some nights I would sleep on the floor next to my vent cause it was that hot. I was still talking to my ex boyfriend/boyfriend during the two or three weeks, off and on, I told him how hot it was in my room of course I didn't tell him about the other guy. Somehow he knew what was going on. Like I said, I never told him about the other guy, that caught me off guard. After that every now and then, I swear I saw what seemed to be black portals opening up on the walls and ceiling. I felt uneasy and a little bit freaked out, but I was never scared to the point where I was frantic. I kind of just shrugged it off.

Eventually, I got back with my boyfriend everything went back to normal. We talked a lot about it and what it could be after we talked about it, I actually did feel a nice comforting breeze, I guess you could say.

I was and still am skeptical about religion, I still can't explain it. I broke up with him approximately 1 1/2 years later, due to to mostly religion differences. We still talk to this day, he is one of my best friends, and I love him to death.

Other hauntings by ghost_fanatic2011

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ghost_fanatic2011, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

quixoticqt (5 stories) (104 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-25)
Thanks for sharing your story. It's very interesting. I think I would have been scared of that encounter as well.
It's a good thing to stay friends with your ex's.
I dated an atheist and we always got into arguments when we were dating. *laugh* we still get into arguments but were just friends now. I think its better that way.
❤ Qt
BeautInside (3 stories) (326 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-24)
I completly agree with ngute80, I believe that the light was there to protect you. No wonder you broke up with your boyfriend, religion is one of the subjects to cause more arguments between people, if you get along with someone just don't bring it up. Please remember that this is just my advice dear. ❤
ghost_fanatic2011 (2 stories) (3 posts)
+4
12 years ago (2011-10-24)
ngute80, the boyfriend thought the samething about the shadow and the light. As for the finding out information about religion, that's not what I am here for. It was just something I experienced and religion happened to be involved in it.
ngute80 (220 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-23)
I understand that your confused about religion, but this is not the site to get information about it or try to figure it all out. As for your paranormal questions, your at exactly the right place. Now about the shadow person you saw, many people experience them but as far as I know nobody really knows too much about them. My only opinion is that maybe that light you saw was protecting you from the shadow person. Thank you for sharing
ghost_fanatic2011 (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-23)
Well, I find it odd that all of this started happening after I was questioning things. My boyfriend at the time and I talked, and he told me what he thought it was and maybe he's right. But, I'm not willing nor am I satisfied with labeling it as such. I know that there is some sort of higher being. I'm not an Atheist by far, more or less Agnostic. I'm kind of in between at the moment. I am very much into the paranormal, so maybe that's why I am experiencing stuff. Because I open my mind to it. I can't help but to question religion. I mean there's a million different religions and you're only suppose to follow one? That confuses me and raises flags.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-22)
Yeah I get the notion that you're not into religion in general or christianity in particular and all, but what exactly does this have to do with your seeing a shadow person and a star/orb?

Because, EVERY culture on earth, experiences these things. And many of them are what you would call- Atheistic.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: