You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: Scared For My Son

Real Ghost Stories

Scared For My Son

 

You know, being able to write about these experiences I've had in my life is somewhat cathartic. It's difficult to talk about these things with John Q. Public -the average bear who doesn't believe in anything unless they can see it. I found in life that it was just easier to keep it to myself and make sense of it on my own. It's not easy to open yourself up to a criticism of your sanity, your intelligence etc. I'm a professional person and I'm a mother and a wife I just don't feel the need to have anyone look at me like I'm half a bubble off. I know what I know and I've experienced what I've experienced and no one can take that away from me. It's just kind of nice to finally be able to talk about this and be among people who've had paranormal experiences too.

This next story I have to relate to you is about my son. He was a toddler at the time but it sort of goes back to before that time when my son was about 15 months old. He would sit in the middle of the living room floor surrounded by a mountain of toys. I would frequently just kick back and watch him exploring his environment it brought such joy to me. His fascination with everything was a blast to watch. You know when you become an adult you lose a lot of that wonder -it's kind of sad. Anyway, he was playing with something and he abruptly stopped and looked up. I looked up and there was nothing there - not even a light - there was no overhead lighting in the rooms -it was a lamp or nothing. So I couldn't figure out what he was seeing on the boring white ceiling that was so interesting.

Suddenly he burst into this huge grin and he squealed like he was being completely entertained by something and he giggled. I couldn't see anything it was really odd - then he reached out with his chubby little arms to the air - as though he was trying to be picked up by someone I couldn't see. It was very strange. I called out to him and he was completely oblivious to me - whatever or whoever it was came to visit him and he was all theirs for the moment. I'm convinced this was the spirit of someone who'd passed on before that knew our son was here now.

It could have been his grandfather, his great grandmother or any of a few elderly people who were like family to us and passed before our son was born or shortly after. So I considered this and put it in the back of my mind. I knew I'd read somewhere that children can often see things we cannot because they're so innocent. They don't have those blinders on the way we do.

A few months later however, when he turned 18 months old his father walked out on us. It was really very traumatic. My son had never been upset or moody or anything until his dad didn't come home anymore from work. That's when our son began displaying behavior problems and started hurting himself. It was really scary and I didn't know what to do. I'd had this bright, loving energetic little boy in my life for over a year and suddenly he was smacking his head against the wall, screaming and crying. I know this was just pure frustration -not having a vocabulary to tell us how he was feeling didn't make it any easier to witness though.

My ex husband walking out on us, made life very difficult and frightening for a while; it took me about 5 months to get back on my feet and the recovery was hard on my son and me -but mostly on my son. Now he wasn't going to have a stay at home mom to take care of him, now mom had to go back into the work force and he was going to be cared for by some stranger. It really made me sick to my stomach and angry. I was furious about what he was doing to our son. And how he could put his own selfish needs/wants before a child he PRAYED for! He used to wear out a prayer rug on the back porch every night when we were married -begging God for a son. I didn't even know that - until I found out I was pregnant. So to know that he really wanted a child -it was all that much more shocking to me that he'd so easily dump us to take up with some broad he met on his job.

Anyway I left the state for 5 months to stay with my biological family on the eastern side of Iowa. I had to create some kind of battle plan -I had a child to feed and I'm sorry, welfare wasn't an option for me. I suffered to be on it for 5 months and I got off of it as soon as humanly possible. I hated every second of it - I honestly don't know how people can sit on it like that for years on end. WHY would you do that to yourself?

I found a job back in Omaha and moved back to the state in an apartment in South Omaha. It wasn't close to my new job, but it was a start and that's all I needed.

My son and I lived in this apartment building for the next 5 years; 4 years in the upstairs apartment and 1 year in the bottom apartment which was 2 bedrooms. After we'd been in the upstairs apartment for 2 ½ years I met someone that I now regret having met. I thought he was a great guy to begin with, I don't know where my intuition went here! It seemed to have worked fine up until this point but I missed some red flags obviously.

He moved in with us about 8 months into the relationship. He was very good to my son -never a problem there. But he became strange with me and that's when the negativity started in our apartment. One of the things I enjoyed most about this person was the fact that his parents were both church people his mother was an ordained minister and his father had been a bishop in a church before he died. He knew his bible relatively well and I thought that meant he was also going to be a good person. That was mistake number one. Mistake number two was finding out he had a recreational drug habit/hobby. I say habit/hobby because he wasn't addicted to drugs; he had a habit of smoking weed not anything else. But he normally kept that sort of thing out of my house.

One night he was home, he'd been out partying with his friends and we were sitting at the table together playing cards. It was late on a Friday, close to 3 o'clock in the morning, and the stereo was playing not too loudly but it was on. His conversation with me turned kind of scary, he started talking to me about darkness and how he felt it followed him wherever he went. He said over the years he'd become more comfortable with it - and he said I would too. And I just looked at him and said that will never happen I'm not a child of darkness anymore and I won't have that sort of thing around me. His face changed ever so slightly and his eyes darkened up, it was really creepy and he said well it's too late because it's already here.

When he said that - my stereo all of a sudden was turned up full blast - there was no one near it - it was 5 feet away from me -in my clear line of vision and there was no way that could have happened. I had to jump up and turn it down. I remember him asking me if I could 'feel it'.

What pushed the whole thing over the edge for me was this weird twisted laugh he had after I turned the stereo off. It didn't even sound like him - it reminded me of a laugh I'd heard years before on the side of a road where my dog died. If you've read my experience with an OUIJA board, you know what I'm talking about. That little 'trick' with my stereo or whatever it was destructive enough to have blown 2 speakers and after this happened I asked him to leave -I didn't like what he brought with him and I didn't want my son exposed to it.

He did move out but afterwards I felt like I was being watched all the time in the apartment. Shadows in the place looked even darker than normal and then my son started having bad experiences. He was only 4 years old and he was seeing something I wasn't seeing in the apartment. He tried to explain it in his 4 year old language but the general idea of what I got from it was this: he told me there were two men in our apartment; a bad man and a nice man. He told me the bad man was in the hallway trying to get in our bedroom at night and he was scared of him. He said the nice man was in the hallway too and he fought with the bad man to keep him away from us.

I'm not kidding that chilled me to the bone. I was listening to my son describe what I fully believed was something demonic, that whats-his-bucket brought into our home, and a guardian angel/spirit that kept it from harming either one of us. It bothered me a lot that my son could see all that - it was clearly upsetting to him. I held him a lot and prayed over him that's really all I could do. I knew I had to get us out of that apartment too - and within a few months I did. Prayer answered and a 2 bedroom apt became available downstairs; everything was much better after that. A year later I met who I'm married to today.

In hindsight, and considering what could have brought that 'darkness' into that apartment I think he must have been doing stuff in that place when I wasn't there - while I was at work and my son was at daycare. That's all I can think of - he brought that there by doing bad things he knew were wrong and did it anyway.

Other hauntings by Acultofpersonality

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Nebraska

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Acultofpersonality, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

Roomz (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-05)
I have to say I really enjoy your stories.
1. I can feel the heart, your a very skilled writer.
2. You hint at things but don't go into detail, you seem like a modest person
3. Compared to a lot of stories on here (not going to say which ones) your seems real because there not over-dramatic and don't seem fake
I am sorry for all your misfortunes but glad for all the fortunate things that have happened in your life! You've been through so much and I'm sorry: (As much as your stories interest me I hope you DONT post anymore... Seeing how that would mean your having more of these experiences. Prayers for you and your son!
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-28)
I agree with Oerath on people can hide their true self. I'm still learn about people and their behaviour and it could be really difficult. My mom on the other hand can easily spot a bad "apple" anywhere and she will let you know about it. Just be glad that you and your son walked away in good health from this incident and I'm guessing here but I think you and your son are better for it.

Congratulations on standing your ground. As BeautInside, you are a great example for every women that have been knocked down. I hope you seriously consider Rook's suggestion because it works.
Just some questions:
(1) Were you able to share your experiences with your husband?
(2) Are still living at that apartment building?
(3) Has anything happened after that experience?
Meeko (1 stories) (6 posts)
-3
12 years ago (2011-10-28)
This story really interest me. I. Believe myself to be a very good person but deep down I feel a great evil that grows inside me. I think this is something close to tje man you were talking about. I've been battling it. This "darkness". I feel it follow me everywhere. I believe it to be the darker half of me. Its strange bc I feel this darkness within and around me. Yet there's light aswell that's fighting it. In a strange twist to what that man said to you I say similar things. And the worst part is that I'm serious about it. I am Christian and I pray to be rid of what I created within me. A monster that. Wants to be unleashed
Loganz_sis (1 stories) (150 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-10-28)
Acultofpersonality,

Don't beat yourself up, about the second guy. You did what anybody else would have done, out of good faith you trusted him to be true and honest.

Glad you are all settled now and are happy:)
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-10-27)
fantastic post thank you for sharing.
And I have to say well done you! It can't have been easy getting back on your feet after the ex walked out on you both, and agree with devious get what you can for your son!
How awful finaly getting on your feet finding a "good" man to be with and then that happen. Bringing a dark entity into your home with your child there too, again congrats for getting that nut job out of there.
Does oyur son still "see" things or has that stopped?
Hope you keep this up th date if any thing else happens
Carl
spectae (1 stories) (41 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-27)
Hi Acultofpersonality,

Thanks for relating another story. I enjoy reading what you have to say. From this story I took a clear moral and spiritual lesson. It really is life as I see it, light and dark. We choose.

I've known religious persons do things that would get them acquitted of being Christians and known non Christians who are such in pretty much all but name... The ones who shine and the ones who don't.

One thing I have a good ability with, is to get a sense of persons. It normally is pretty straight forward as to who the person really is with regards to who they are in spirit.

I agree with your actions of prayer, for the reason that it is what I do often, as I have previously stated, just to make it through the day.

There is a lot of evil in this world, hence I don't own a TV (a waste of time and a lot of bad news), and I dare say the hereafter is similar. That said, there are also good persons too. I think the hereafter is multifaceted and very complex. That forces for light and darkness are separate, but also clash. That we are like some reality show for those in spirit.

I don't have any ghost stories per se. Quite a few paranormal things, like street lights blowing when I walk past, and a strong sense of something more. That said, I breath my faith, it has existed from my earliest childhood memories, and I look forward one day to being in a reality that is only light.

I am glad you found someone worthy of your family and I wish you all much happiness and good fortune always!

PeAce ❤
BlanknameSpace (1 stories) (24 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-27)
Being religious doesn't make you a good person by any means, take a lesson from what happened in the past.
AngelWings96 (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-26)
I love reading your encounters. With your first story I felt your pain when your dog died. I can relate to that cause I have a dog that I have had forever and I would be devatsed, if I lost her.

Keep posted with the stories and the encounters as I am looking forward to hearing about things interesting encounters. 😊
Hades666 (guest)
-4
12 years ago (2011-10-26)
Well, this is my first time actually posting something, but I have been reading your stories for a while now. I think that your ex-boyfriend was possessed by that 'thing' with the evil laugh, even though he came from a religious family. Anybody can get possesed no matter how religious or sceptic they are. Maybe you should see somebody about it. My friend AngelWings96 agrees.
moravian (1 stories) (171 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-26)
I loved this story - ha! Its rates right up there on this site. I like the way you say things and how you handled things. Pretty good - thanks. I am going to post one or two of my own stories on here soon.
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-10-26)
I understand your first paragraph totally. That is what drew me to this site also. It is very difficult talking about paranormal experiences and the most difficult part is finding someone who you can share with. So I am glad you came to this site as most people on it have had experiences and can relate and will not make fun of you. (I said most, unfortunately not all).

Anyway, it sounds as if your life is in order now. Just wondering... Can you share your experiences with your husband now? Also, I have the same question as Rook... Do you still live in the same apartment?

Thanks, zeta.
isis80 (3 stories) (51 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-26)
Wow, when you said "His face changed ever so slightly and his eyes darkened up" I was like oh H* no! Girl you're good because right then and there I would have gotten him out of the house. I'm glad that you trusted your instincts and got rid of his crazy behind.

Some people are definitely more frightening than spirits.
BeautInside (3 stories) (326 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-10-26)
You set an example for every women:

1st) you were strong enough to keep moving the best you could with your life after your ex-husband left you and your son;

2nd) you were brave enough to kick your creepy/crazy ex-boyfriend out of your apartment and your life. Sometimes people who look right tend to be the more wrong, they are so deceiving that it makes them the most dangerous kind of people. You stood on your ground and prevented yourself and your son from falling victims to him and whatever he was into.

God bless ❤
Fanny (2 stories) (105 posts)
+4
12 years ago (2011-10-26)
o.O... Your story gave me a serious case of the goosebumps! What an asspancake for bringing that stuff into a house with a child! Glad you and your son are safe now!

Best,
Fanny ❤
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+6
12 years ago (2011-10-26)
Unfortunately these days, there are a lot of qualifications that people meet which cause others to assume that they are good people. Being religious, being a doctor, someone in a position of authority, being good with kids, etc. But in reality people hardly ever know each other. Everyone has secrets, some are just worse than others.

I am so sorry to hear about your son's deadbeat dad and his walking out on you both. Wherever he is, karma will find him, and I can guarantee you that he probably feels a lot of guilt and unhappiness for what he did.

I hope that you will be able to help your son come to terms with his gift. Sometimes I think seeing is better than not seeing, because you know what to be cautious of, and you know when something does not belong there. Your sense of intuition seems pretty intact now that you have had these experiences so if nothing else you can take that away from all this. I hope you are much happier now in your marriage.

(And if I were you, I would go after your ex husband like a rabid she-wolf and make him pay child support to help your son out, if you are not doing that already.)
clever210 (3 stories) (189 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-26)
Excellent story. I have had experiences with people that seemed normal as well and then later on found out they had some serious creepiness going on with them. People can be very good at hiding that for a while, but it always comes out. I'm glad you were able to get away from what he had brought with him. I would be interested in conversing more about this, if you wouldn't mind. My email is listed on my profile. I have some questions I would like to ask. 😊
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-26)
Acultofpersonality,

Waht an experience, thank you for sharing with us. I have to ask this question...you've remarried but do you still live in that downstairs apartment?

They say hindsight is 20/20 and I believe you are right... Whats his face either brought or called something into your home when you were not there.

I'm glad you were able to move and I'm glad you've found someone who loves you.

Ngute80 mentioned a technique I use for my own home and Family. Though it sounds as if you have put this negative thing behind you haveing another possible 'tool' never hurts.

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)


Again thank you for sharing, please keep us posted.

Respectfully,

Rook
ngute80 (220 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-25)
First I want to say I am very sorry about your ex-husband. Whenever I hear of men doing that to their families it makes me angry! I give you a lot of credit for getting back on your feet soo quickly and doing the very best for yourself and your son. You just sound like a great person 😊. The incident with your ex and and radio is freaky! You absolutely did the right thing by throwing his a** out. Rook has a cleansing ritual that I'm sure he wouldn't mind sharing with you 😊. You sound like you have a good head on your shoulders. Thank you for sharing and please keep us updated.

This comment from bluefoxx01 is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

Oerath (30 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-10-25)
Wow. Chilling. And surprising that an entity attached to someone would then detach and attach to a place (since it didn't follow you out). If he was doing something when he was alone in the apartment it had to have been something worse than smoking weed with his buddies. It's good you were able to move.

It's scary how people are able to hide their inner darkness so well sometimes. Scarier than the paranormal in a lot of ways.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: