You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Something Black Choking Nephew

Real Ghost Stories

Something Black Choking Nephew

 

The past few weeks my 17 year old nephew started to have problems sleeping. He told hox mom a week ago about this. He said he has the black figure in his room at night that jumps on his chest and chokes him, then this thing will shake his bed and jump on the wall and stare at him with these red eyes. It has been going every night. He's at the point where he is afraid to go bed at night. My sister stuck a night light outside his room and everything.

Sunday I went to visit with my sister while the guys were out deer hunting. We began talk of his room. Tara said she has been getting a really weird vibe when she enters his room, as if there something there, but yet she can not see it. I later entered his bedroom to see if I felt the vibe. I have always been able to sense these kinds of things. I believe it's in our blood line. I have never seen anything but I absolutly can feel presence of them since I was a kid. I stepped into my nephew's room and I instantly got cold chills all through my entire body and my sister felt the same exact thing. We went out of the room checking to make sure his fan was on but I knew it wasn't. It was a entirely different feeling then what fan cold chill. This made our arm hairs stick up and goosebumps from head to feet. My nephew needs help what is this thing coming at him? He afraid to death to go to bed.

My sister has seen a black thing over top of her in the past, when she was a young girl but not since then. Also I'd like to note that her other son, who is 7 in same house, said he has seen things in his room exactly same way the 17 year old desribe but she blew off thinking it was night terrors...

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ohio_girl, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Ind15000 (14 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-31)
Try blessing or cleansing your nephew's room. Best of luck to you! 😊 😊
Versus (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-22)
It could be a hallucination, but the fact that this is common in your family suggests otherwise. It's really common for this awareness to be passed down. My experience is that shadow men become angry and frustrated when you become aware of them. Since this one wants your nephew to be aware it indicates a desire to mentally harm or possibly possess your nephew. Although, my guess is that it isn't strong enough at this point to do that. The best weapon against these type of presences is confidence (lack of fear) since negativity gives them power. Learning lucid dreaming will help him wake up when he feels the presence not just after an attack. The key is to share your own experiences with him. It's extremely common for people with these experiences to feel like they're going crazy and that perptuates it. Support him and let him now he's stronger than this.
loca_mocha (4 stories) (32 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-22)
First off to DeviousAngle, I highly doubt that the thing he is seeing is a hallucination, I see this kind of stuff all the time. You kind of get used to it 😁. I would recommend a cleansing of the house just in case. Second I think that Moongrim was on the right idea of iron, I've been trying to get something like that for months.
This stuff should be taken very seriously because sometimes people can get hurt. Be careful ❤
textbud13 (19 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-22)
maybe the black thing won't leave your family and will follow down the genourtions (sorry can't spell have 2 write in txt most of the time)
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-22)
Well you can try giving it the old whammy- http://www.hollowhill.com/guide/ifghost.htm

OR by giving it some what for with some Cold Iron:

Cold iron is a poetic and archaic term for iron, referring to the fact that it feels cold to the touch. In modern usage the term has been most associated with folkloric beliefs that iron could ward off ghosts, fairies, witches, and/or other malevolent supernatural creatures.

Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_in_folklore#Cold_iron
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-22)
the answer, as far as determining if this is real, seems obvious. Why not spend a couple nights in this kids bed- you and the Mom- that way you can rule out night terrors. If this is going on every night, one of you should be able to "catch" something.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-22)
It sounds like he could be experiencing sleep paralysis, which would explain the choking and the feeling of being shaken. The red-eyed figure he saw could have been a hypnagogic hallucination. Either way, it might not be a bad idea to set up a video camera in his room and let it record overnight to rule out the paranormal.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: