You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Paranormal Experiences? Or Something Else?

Real Ghost Stories

Paranormal Experiences? Or Something Else?

 

Five years ago, when I was eight years old, I lived in an apartment (let's call it the Saticoy apartment). It was the only apartment from the whole the whole building that had a bar. My dad loved this fact. The first time we moved in, I had an odd feeling about the house but I ignored it. I thought to myself it was just some weird feeling I had because I was still young and I had just recently moved. There were times when I would have to stay alone and I would NEVER want to go outside of my room. I don't know why but I just didn't like my kitchen. It gave me chills! In my parents' bathroom there would always be little mosquitoes flying around the shower. No matter how good we cleaned it, they would never leave.

One day in science class, I learned that mosquitoes are attracted to dead and rotting things. This got me suspicious because my house was already creeping me out. Once again, I ignored it. One day we found a huge black stray dog and brought it inside the house and let it rest there before we took it to the shelter, since my little sister is allergic to animals. The whole family was distracted by the dog but I felt like talking a shower. I went inside my bathroom and the light turned off and then back on. I screamed and my dad came rushing inside and I told him what happened. He seemed really scared about this and I wondered why. One year later, we bought my little brother a new pair of sandals. But not after too long, they disappeared. We couldn't find them anywhere. It seemed to really bother my mom and I didn't know why. Two years after living in the Saticoy apartments my dad decided it was time to move. We moved to another apartment (let's call it the Woodman apartment).

Since I was now older, my parents and my older brother decided to tell me the REAL reason why we had moved. My brother, said that while we were living in the Saticoy apartment, he saw a red figure of a boy walk across the kitchen each day. My mom said that she had weird feelings about the kitchen, just like me. My dad said that one day when he was coming home carrying my little sister in his arms, when he opened the door a strong force pushed him back and nearly pushed him over the stairs. I was shocked. Since that day I've been believing in the paranormal. I would always tell my friends the story about the Saticoy apartment. Now back to when I was living in the Woodman apartment (I still am).

I started wondering to myself if the little boy followed us here or not. I invited my group of friends over and as soon as we were hanging out weird stuff started happening (this was during Summer of 2010). First, my friends Kelly and Emilce came over. We were in my parents' room eating sandwiches, and out of nowhere we heard a little doll making crying noises. We quickly looked at each other with fright and raced to the door. Being as scared as we were, it was impossible to unlock the door and get out. We finally got out of the room, screaming, and my parents were looking at us as if we were crazy. We went back in the room, opened the closet (that's where the noise was coming from) and no doll was there. We decided to go to my room.

This other day my friend Tania came over. She said that when she came in she felt a dark presence. I didn't believe her, I thought she was trying to scare me just because I told her the story about the Saticoy apartments. A few days later, my friends Emilce and Jack came over. We decided to chill in my living room and watch TV when out of no where, we heard a very loud thud. All of us, having scary experiences in my house before, got really scared and went outside of my house. We stayed outside of my house until we saw a light switch go on inside of my house. NO ONE was inside since we were home alone. We saw a dark figure by the window and it seemed to be hanging itself. We got super scared and we walked it to my aunt's house which was right across mine. We told my cousin the story and he didn't seem to believe us.

Many other similar things happened when my friends Kelly, Emilce, Anaya, Luis, Jenny, Erick, and Jack came over but it's too much to write. Now, they are all scared to come over or just want to come so we can have a ghostly adventure. Anyways, one night after I came out of the shower, my lights were off. But I saw an even darker figure in the mirror with glowing reddish eyes. I was really scared but didn't make a noise. I blinked and it was gone. I quickly texted my friend Kelly, knowing she would believe me because she knows there is something paranormal in my house and she told me to be careful. I felt a lot better.

One day I woke up, and my brother told me that, that night (he was sleeping alone) he heard my 3 year old little sister crying. He went to check up on her and she wasn't in her crib. When he came back to his bed he found her there. He was extremely shocked. How could a three year old little girl get up from her crib and go to my brother's bed without him noticing? He would have heard something, but he didn't.

Now back to the present. Ever since our experiences, my brother and I have been interested in the paranormal. We have watched Paranormal Activity 1 and 2. I don't know why but I don't really get scared by them. But my brother, (he's 19) he has to sleep with my parents. I'm guessing it's because he's seen more than me so he actually believes it can happen. Nothing much has happened since January until today my brother talked to me. That's why I'm here writing this story.

He told me that some weeks ago, since he sleeps in the living room because he feels much more comfortable in a couch, he got up at 3 in the morning to get water. When he went into the kitchen and turned on the light, but out of nowhere it turned off then turned on again. He finished drinking his water and turned off the light. He saw a dark figure that was about my mom's height near the dining table. He was going to ask her if she could fetch him a blanket. He was bewildered due to the fact the dark figure wouldn't move. He went closer to the figure, but the closer he went, the figure moved away. He decided to go towards the figure as if he was going to tackle it, but when he did it vanished.

The next morning he said he heard footsteps in our little brothers' playing room. He went to turn on the kitchen light to see if anyone was there and there wasn't anybody. Then yesterday, he was sleeping on the couch as usual when he woke up because he felt something tugging at his chest. He opened his eyes and there was nothing there. He said he couldn't move at all and couldn't make any noise. He wanted to scream but he couldn't. He said he felt as if something was controlling his body.

I would like to know if you guys think it's a spirit or something else? My brother believes it's a demon but I think it's the little boy from the Saticoy apartment that followed us here. What do you guys think? Thanks.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, NickyCharmed, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-12)
Nicky,

Tenki and Moongrim make good points. There are many things you can try that may help in this situation. The link Moongrim provides covers many of them. I'll offer a method I use for my own home and for My Family...

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

Thank you for sharing and please keep us posted.

Respectfully,

Rook
JCAbigbear (2 stories) (17 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-11)
It seems to me that your brother might be sensitive.
If anybody else starts seeing thing, then there might be the little boy or maybe a completely new haunting
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-10)
What Teneki Said.

If it was/is a demon- you'd know for sure. You'd be writing about your horrorific accounts that you barely escaped with your life...

Http://www.hollowhill.com/guide/ifghost.htm
teneki (10 stories) (140 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-10)
Not all spirits or ghosts are demons. I've been comforted by the ghost of my dog, played peek a boo with a little girl ghost, and other things that wouldn't occur if all were evil.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: