You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Why Is She Still On Earth?

Real Ghost Stories

Why Is She Still On Earth?

 

Sorry I haven't posted for a while. Anyway, I'm back after being off for a few months. This experience happened about a week ago when I was at my grandmothers.

My grandma had recently died so the whole family was at her house going over the memorial service plans. There's a table about 10 feet from the front door and the table had a stack of plastic dishes on it. When my mom and I turned out heads we saw the dishes lift off the table and go flying towards the door. When the dishes hit the door, it sounded like a bunch of glass was breaking and there wasn't any glass (the door is wood and the dishes were plastic) Everyone in the room screamed. Shortly after the dishes were thrown, a huge rush of cold air surged into the room and lowered the temperature about 20 degrees. It lasted for a minute then went away.

Also, this all the happened the day after she died. I'll give you more details so someone can help me out. She died at 3 in the morning on 11/28/11. She was 75 and died of a blood clot from her cancer treatment. She died in my grandfathers arms in her room. Before I got the call that she had died (which was at 3:15) I was having a dream about her. In the dream I was walking through her backyard jungle (her garden) in the middle of summer. We were talking about a lot of different things and was helping me out with some... Problems I was having in life. When we reached her back porch she said that she loved me and gave me an extra long hug. She said goodbye and walked into her backdoor. I woke shortly after that and heard that she was dead. For some odd reason, I didn't feel a huge amount of sadness. Instead, I felt comforted.

I'm pretty sure she followed me to school as well. I keep hearing her voice when I'm the only one in the hallways and I keep seeing her in different places. In the window, standing next to me, sitting in a desk next to me and walking next to me. I'm afraid I'm going crazy. If I'm not, then why is she still on earth? Does she have unfinished business or something? If so, then what is it? And why is she only coming to me? Please help me get some answers.

Other hauntings by Snowy23

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Colorado

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Snowy23, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-12-18)
snowy, things like flying plates is typical polterguiest activity but it could also be a personal manifistation of your or someone elses feelings.
There are said to be a few stages to greaving,
Denial~ they can't be gone
Loss~ you feel lost without them
Anger~ your angry at them for dieing, come back to this one
And of course sorrow~ your crying all the time cause they have passed,
Now the anger some people just work through it and others can't and it builds, and in very few people this can be projected outwards.

Now your gran visiting you in your dreams telling you about this item of hers, she wants you to have it as a reminder of her. What someone might see as an old bit of junk could have a lot of sentimental meaning to the owner of the item, your gran! So I would say go get it as soon as you can.
All the best
Carl
Snowy23 (2 stories) (22 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-15)
Thanks for all the advice guys. It helps with a lot of the stuff, but I still can't explain the dishes flying. My mom thinks that all our negative/sad energy in the room attracted a poltergiest or in someway made the energy change to send them flying. I saw my grandmother in my dream last night. She told me about one of her favorite things she had as a kid. She said it would be in the basement in a heavy black chest. When I woke up I asked my mom if she had seen any chests down in the basement. She said yes and described the exact one in my dream. I haven't been able to get to my grandparents house in a few weeks so it's odd... Why is she still coming to me in dreams?
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-12-12)
firstly I have to say thank you for adding a touching post, now I personaly think that your grandma knowing she was passing came to you in your dream to let you know so that the shock would not be as bad as it could have been and to let you know one last time that she loved you and would always be with you.

As for you saying you see her everywhere I don't think she would keep visiting you like that as she would know how it would effect you, yes she might let you know she is still around in some small way, a smell that reminds you of her or her favorite song playing un expectedly on the radio, but to visit you in class and else where I think it could actually be you wanting to see her and your mind "making" you see her there with you. This is not un~heard of and I have know people that have gone through this your "seeing" her because your still greveing.
I hope this does not sound too disrespectful
All the best
Carl
ChristineNicole (16 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-12)
My mum passed away at 5.50am, that morning at 6am I woke suddenly and jumped up onto my feet instantly, the only thought going through my head was "quick we have to go see mum" as I put my hand on my door to open it, my brother knocked and told me that she had passed away. It seems as if our subconscious can feel them leave!? I don't know really but I find it incredibly fascinating how many people have such similar experiences!
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-12-12)
There is a theory that if we see a loved one in a dream it means they have crossed over and have chosen to return to watch over / protect / guide us. I do not know of any experiences 'off hand' that truly support this, it is just a theory I've heard.

So who's to say... If your grandmother beleived in the '40' days then purhaps that is what was happening, or purhaps she returned by choice and was showing you she had 'crossed over' in your dream about her.

Thank you for sharing this experience with us... What ever happened it seems your Grandmother loved you very much.

Respectfully,

Rook
Vanessanda (3 stories) (226 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-12)
I believe when somebody passes, their spirit remains grounded for 40 days before moving on. They stay that length of time in order to help loved ones cope with the loss.
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-12)
Grief does funny things to our minds. I think the things you describe are more likely the way your unconscious is dealing with your grief. The dream might have been the result of your unconscious mind picking up on the energy of your grandmother passing & possibly your grandmother's concern for her family. The death of a loved one creates a lot of emotion that we often try to repress for the sake of our family or to deal with practicalities like a memorial service. Some people believe that strong emotions can escape a person as psychic energy & do things like hurling dishes around. The visions you are seeing & hearing might be your unconscious mind's way of trying to tell you your grandmother will always be with you.

If her soul has in fact stayed it may be as simple as she did not feel ready to go. Perhaps other members of your family are seeing her but don't want to upset anyone so they are not saying so. Depending on your belief system, if you have one, you might be able to say a prayer or perform a ritual to help her soul move on. This would also help you deal with your grief.
Cristine (41 posts)
-2
12 years ago (2011-12-11)
Hello.

This is quite common for people to experiance this sort of phenomena before and after a person passes.
Grandma must have had a special bond with you when she was alive. There is nothing that should be scary to you and if there is tell grandma that you are alright and you will be fine.
The sense of emotion when a person dies is so strong that the energy is felt among the non-living. Grandma may be hanging around for that very reason to provide support and nuturance that you are going to be okay. The comforting feeling came from her saying goodbye and you may be the only grandchild or person in the family that had close emotional ties to grandma, which is why you were chosen to receive her lastearthly visit before or during her departing.

Depending on what your spirtiual beliefs are you might assume that grandma should be in Heaven or she might be rectifying any of her sins from earth in a pentance of what some believe in pergatory. Grandma will go to that place when she is ready and never before. She was a woman of strong morals and lived by her obligated responsibilities. ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: