You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: My Cat Shuby

Real Ghost Stories

My Cat Shuby

 

I've always been a cat lover and have had cats since I was very young. I had a cat named Shuby. She was as sweet as could be with her plaintive little meow. She was a fairly large cat: at one point she grew to be 17 pounds. We don't know how or by what, but she got bitten when she was 9 or 10. As the bite healed, we believe arthritis began to sink in.

It became harder and harder for her to walk. After awhile, she could no longer climb into her litter box. We could tell she was in pain, having all her weight on her sore, stiff joints. Finally, we made the decision to have her euthanized. It was a very sad day, when we finally had to give her up. There were many tears. That was 2003.

Since then, we've had other cats. However, I believe she has never entirely left. I can swear I've seen her all over the house, mainly in the bathroom and in the hallway where she loved to sit in life. She has also been spotted on the bed. Whenever I see her, though, it's always out of the corner of my eye and she's not there when I look directly.

It's comforting to know that my sweet little kitty is still around. I hope she knows that it was for the best that she was put to sleep. Somehow, I think she does. I think she's just hanging around because she didn't really get to live a full life here because of the arthritis and she wasn't quite ready to leave this earth yet. I can only guess, though.

Other hauntings by windsong

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, windsong, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-13)
Hey windsong, sorry for the late commenting, just came across this. Sorry to hear bout Shuby, but at least you know that she is still with you, and letting you know that she loves you forever and she is also happy. I am also sure that she knows you had her put down because you knew she was suffering. She also knows that you loved her and you always will. Thanks for sharing this beautiful story with us. 😊
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-09)
Dear windsong,

I appreciate your story about your beloved cat, Shuby and am happy Shuby's love lives on with you and yours in spirit and in unconditional love.--Abby
na32ru (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-08)
hi very cool, I had a cat called fuzz buzz, but he died in his sleep, but if you look at my one you will see what I have put down its : my two ghost stories 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: