You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Can The Soul Travel Outside A Living Person's Body?

Real Ghost Stories

Can The Soul Travel Outside A Living Person's Body?

 

I'm relatively new to this site, please check out another article that I've written before this about my ability to predict the future and stuff. This happened 2 years ago. My parents are from India but I've been born and bought up in the United States. Our relatives live there and we haven't visited them since a long time, a really long time I'd say! My dad had an elder sister, she used to live there since the past 12 years or so. She has 2 sons and a husband who she left behind. The story's about her- I hadn't met her since 2001 that's the last time I'd met her and my cousins. My parents had been to India in 2007 when her older son got married but I couldn't go due to my tests at school. She wanted to meet me really badly. We'd just skype or email each other and stuff or talk over the phone.

She was suffering from cancer and I'd spoken to her before she made her last trip to the hospital. She said that the doctors said there were clots in her brain and she need to be admitted. She didn't want to go though, she wanted to be at home. They took her nonetheless. Within 24 hours her condition worsened and she was in a state of coma. My dad had only her from his immediate family as my grand parents have passed away too. This is the incident I'm going to talk about--

She was in a state of coma, I just came back from school I was in the driveway parking my car. I rolled up the windows and my mp3 player was also off, plus it wasn't a windy day or anything. There wasn't anyone outside either. I put my hand on the backseat to grab my school bag and there I hear my aunt's (who's in India in a state of coma) voice. She just said my name. It wasn't loud, neither was it a whisper. I got so freaked out! Even as I write this I remember that day and the hair on the back of my neck stands up. She hadn't passed away then, she was in a state of coma. Do souls travel? I mean she was in India and we, in the United States!

She passed away within 19 hours, they gave her morphine to ease her pain and slowly took off the ventilator with the consent of the family.

Please excuse any spelling errors I submitted this via my blackberry.

Thank you for taking the time out to read about my experience, I really appreciate it!

Other hauntings by Mac_Barbie93

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Mac_Barbie93, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

MrRiggs (7 stories) (102 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-11-24)
Mac_Barbie93,

Time and distance have no bearing to a spirit or soul. Travel can be instant, or seem nearly so.

I have left my body at least a dozen times. Most often during involuntary experiences, such as the common out of body experience (OBE). A person may also travel in a dream state, which is similar, yet different. I have left my body to occupy that of another for a brief period, also completely involuntary.

My experience has taught me that you are not your body, and that your body is not you. We occupy a physical body for a short time as a temporary home. If anything, your body is a tool which does your bidding, good or bad.

The death of a body is not the death of its occupant, though it seems so. Bodily death brings painful parting between loved ones, especially those who are not aware that the soul continues on. The dead are not really dead though their bodies have reached their useful limits.

The limits you have become familiar with during your life are those of the flesh. Those limitations do not apply to souls.

Be of good cheer. You have not been haunted, but loved. That person and that love still exist. Be at peace.
Viper338 (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-18)
I am very sorry for your loss Mac Barbie
Same thing that sunset savaga said. I am familiar with out-of-the-body experiences. Not that it happened to me, or I think not. But yes, it can be that someone that is still alive can exit the body in spirit form. It is also known as astral projection.
People can do it willingly or unwillingly. It takes lots of efford and energy to do it and also in a sub-sub conceous state of mind. Some people do not believe in it or some do not even know about it. On this site YGS, there was a post about it called Out of the body experience, or something like that. But it is more likely that your aunt already passed when she said goodbye.
Mac_Barbie93 (6 stories) (42 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-09)
geetha50: thank you for your comment ❤
Hunter_11: hey. No I haven't. We live in the States where as my aunt and her family are settled in india, the distance is just too much also i'm busy with college and my parents with their work. But over the summer we are visiting them, my aunt's husband and my cousins. 😁
Hunter_11 (16 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-11)
Such a touching story! But it is very heart breaking to lose someone that close. I just want to know have you been to her funeral. 😭 😭
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-23)
First of all, I'm sorry for your lose. It's never fun to lose someone you care about, especially losing someone to cancer.

Like the other posters, I also believe the spirits/souls or whatever each one of us call it, do travel and like one of the other posters said, limitations that our physical world has doesn't apply to the paranormal world.

As for the case of your aunt, with what you said in your story and post, your aunt might have been between our world and the spirit world and had the a change to say her goodbyes before she crossed over. Since you were her only brother's kid and you couldn't come to see her, she decided to come and see you.
Mac_Barbie93 (6 stories) (42 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-22)
Sds: Omg woah! Something similar! But he saw his brother one last time before he passed? I didn't see my aunt just heard her voice it was really comforting at first but then I'm like she's in india! How can I hear her voice here and I got creeped out! 😨

Creepydog: oh gosh! Yeah? That's really scary! How long have you been living there!? You should probably get some info on the history of the house get it blessed or something. Be safe:)
creepydog (3 stories) (71 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-01-21)
Ooh that's creepy! I have had many paranormal experiences but none included spirits or souls calling my name. There is one that has not yet been submitted that includes a spirit saying I warned you. What is really scary about my story is every I have been in that house I have injured myself or seen my cousins being badly hurt. I have known from a very young age that their house is haunted but never experienced anything until that night.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-21)
Yes. Souls travel instantly to far-off places to show off. In one incident in which my friend was involved, his brother was in death-bed and far away. They loved each other. Suddenly one evening, my friend saw his brother by the doorway and he was just waving, well, sort of goodbye. A minute later, he called a call that his brother passed away moments earlier. Souls travel miles to see their loved ones. Its a good story, though.
Mac_Barbie93 (6 stories) (42 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-21)
Sunset_savage: yeah interesting point! My mom said the same maybe souls are able to travel miles just to communicate with their loved ones, the last time I'd been to india was when I was 9 after that I never met my aunt or her cousins (we were in touch through facebook though) maybe she wanted to meet me or visit me one last time before she passed

Zssgranny: my dad got a call from my aunt's husband from india, we live in the united states and they're like 10 hours ahead of us or something, my uncle called to ask my dad if they should remove the ventilator as they'd lost all hopes of her becoming alright and they wanted to take my dad's consent cause he was my aunt's only brother and remaning family, my dad said yes to remove the ventilator as he didn't want to prolong the sickness, the day the ventilator was removed this happened! She was alive breathing but she was braindead I had just returned from school then, maybe she wanted to visit me once before she left the earth.

Nysa: Hmm yeah. She did communicate me I heard her voice when I was parking my car I'm so sure it was her cause I knew how she sounded! I didn't even get scared cause I knew she'd come to say goodbye it just puzzles me cause it was so strange! I'm just glad she thought of visiting me, if not physically but emotionally atleast:) I'm going to go visit my cousins in india over the summer:)

Teneki and Aya 22: yeah I've heard of a lot of stories on those lines, don't know if you've heard but very recently but ben breedlove a very famous youtuber passed away recently he made a video about how he had a near to death experience where he was inside this white tunnel with his favorite rapper kid cudi with him. This was just a week before he passed away, that he shared his experience. He passed away on christmas day: (

Shelzy: hmm yeah! I guess I'm not alone then:) hehe initially when this happened I thought I was crazy or I was imagining stuff but I'm pretty sure I heard her and since your friend had a similar experience too, I'm glad I'm not alone ❤
shellzy (8 stories) (218 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-21)
I agree with granny on this one. It reminds of a friend I have whose grandma had a massive stroke. Basically her grandma was brain dead but her heart was still going. Sadly the doctors were just waiting for her heart to finally give up. While she was still in hospital and her heart barely pumping, my friend had a visit from her grandma in spirit to say goodbye. I think her soul had left her body already as it was her time. I'm very sorry for your loss.
aya22 (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-20)
Teneki brings up a great point about this being a OBE (out of body experience) or NDE (near death experience). I don't know if you've heard of these before, but stories surrounding them are fascinating, even inspiring.

As for the distance, I believe it would become irrelevant once the soul left the body, since the soul is our spiritual self and physical limitations, in the way that we know them, may not apply.

Thank you for sharing this. I agree that you had one more visit from your Aunt! ❤
teneki (10 stories) (140 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-20)
Our awareness can yes, it's called out of body experience or near death experience based upon surrounding situations. I've heard my niece's experiences, one that ended up getting her a date with a doctor she shouldn't have even knew about as he was only in the room while she was sedated.

As to if it includes our souls travelling with our awareness, I'm unsure on that one as I'd assume the soul, being such an integral part of being alive, would still be within the body.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-01-20)
Define what you mean by 'soul' and then we'll have a starting point to discuss whether or not it can travel...
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-20)
That is an interesting question. Can souls travel outside the body while the person is alive? To be honest we don't even know what the soul is, so it is hard to speculate. In your case I would guess one of two things happened. The most likely in my opinion is that your aunt communicated with you telepathically. People who have woken up from comas have told us they were aware & thinking about their loved ones. On rare occasions they seem to have heard what loved ones around them were thinking but not saying out loud. So maybe in that state it is easier to communicate by nontraditional means. The second possibility I see is astral travel. There is much anecdotal evidence to suggest that a persons consciousness can travel outside the body & communicate with others. Is that the soul? Maybe. Either way I feel it is clear your aunt was thinking of you near the end.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-01-20)
Mac Barbie: I think it's possible, and probable, that your Aunt had already passed on before the ventilator was removed...Usually, at least here in the States, when someone is comatose and showing no brain activity (flat line) they are considered deceased... Doctors are under oath to maintain life, therefore people are kept "alive" by artificial means... All that means is, their body is still functioning... I really don't know, but I imagine it's basically the same in India...

I think you had one last visit from your Aunt... Thank you for posting! ❤
sunset_savage (17 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-01-20)
So sorry for your loss.
I think that souls can travel. A person who has passed, their soul can go where it pleases to give messages or say farewell before making their final journey. The soul of a living individual can do the same through astral travel. The soul or awareness of a person leaves the body temporarily, leaving the body in a deep sleep. The soul can then visit places or loved ones that the person cannot physically go to. Some people are able to consciously direct their travel, others aren't always aware that they are travelling. Unintentional astral travel usually happens when a person is already deeply asleep, making it easier for their awareness to slip away. Whether consciously directed, or just drawn unconsciously by love, your aunt found her way to you. Love is an unbreakable bond, regardless of distance. I think being able to see you gave her the comfort and closure she needed.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: