You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: A Dog Of A Guardian Angel?

Real Ghost Stories

A Dog Of A Guardian Angel?

 

I've been in India since the past few days. In Mumbai, or Bombay to be precise, visiting my grandmother who lives here. There's something about this city that intrigues me. They call it the city that never sleeps, and I have to certainly agree.

A friend and me have been going for walks in the evening. We've been going to this park called 'hanging garden'. It's located at Malabar Hill in South Bombay. There are actually two parks parallel to each other and there's a road in between the two.

Both these parks are beautiful, with abundant greenery and shrubs shaped like animals. (They're cut or trimmed to look like animals.) We've been going there since two weeks I think.

So last week something strange happened. We got done with our walks, it's super hot here! And there are always some ice cream vendors or people with temporary stalls selling cold drinks or other such things outside. My friend and me decided to have an ice cream.

Just when we took our ice creams and we were walking on that road, we hear footsteps behind us. There's a cute stray dog following us. Me being the animal lover that I am, I couldn't resist and bent down to pet him. Nothing unusual about the dog. I've seen many stray animals in India. Just a plain brown dog. The ice cream I was eating was a biscuit ice cream. There were two slabs of biscuits and there was some vanilla ice cream in between. Kinda like an ice cream sandwich. I ate the vanilla ice cream and gave the biscuits to the dog, which he gladly ate. He was so friendly, made me miss my cats that I had lost a year ago. I wish I could've stayed there the whole night and played with him.

So we begin walking ahead on that road, and the dog is walking besides me. My hand is on his head. I somehow felt safe with him there. My friend was on my right. The dog on my left.

I have to add this now, the road is pretty deserted in the evenings, only vehicles and mainly cars pass by from here. People don't as there is a Parsi burial ground located quite nearby and many creepy incidents have occurred in a neighbouring building.

So anyway, we were walking, we got down the road and were coming towards where the deserted road connects to the main road which was buzzing with traffic. The dog was still next to me. I know cause my hand was stroking his head. Also the road, like I said, was empty. Suddenly I didn't feel the dog's head under my hand and I turn to see where he could've gone. The road was empty. There are no trees or anything where he could've possibly hidden. It happened within a few seconds, the dog vanishing.

We walked back to search for him cause I was worried. My friend was annoyed as to why I was so bothered about the dog. "You'll see many strays in India, you can go play with another. Now let's head home," she said. It wasn't possible for the dog to head back to where we had found him so fast. Within a few seconds!?

I like to believe that this was someone's soul who had probably come in the form of a dog, and when I fed him maybe he wanted to ensure we got down the deserted road safely.

We went there day before too, and yesterday, but we didn't find that dog. There were other strays, but not that one. That was the first and last time we saw him there.

What do you guys think? Could a soul take the form of a dog? Both me and my friend saw it, although it seemed more attached to me. Let me know what you guys think:)

Other hauntings by Mac_Barbie93

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Mac_Barbie93, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

sbanerjee89 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
5 years ago (2018-12-10)
Ya many souls do come in form of animals. Many souls which might be of negative type generally come in form of black cats.
phanhrut (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-07-24)
May be your right. Probably, some one who loved you a lot and lost his/her life would have followed you to make sure you are safe home.
bhavi (7 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-11-26)
great expirience dear... Its true mumbai never sleeps... Its a great city to live...
Thanks for sharing your story...
It happens I don't know if spirits take human forms or was dog only...
It happened with my grandpa he saw a dog spirit... Who vanished suddenly but not quitly although...
Anyways thanks for sharing itt ❤
It was lovely expirience u had
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-05-19)
Mac_Barbie
This is such a wonderful experience you wrote about. Dogs are such wonderful soulfull creatures. All they expect from their owners is love and food but they pay their owners back in so many ways.
Regards
Red
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-05-18)
Hi Mac Barbie,

I absolutely loved reading this, what a wonderful dog, thanks for sharing. If this happened to me I'd think it was an actual (nonliving) dog. Not the soul of someone transformed into a dog, but the apparition of a dog. I love that you fed him and interacted with him and that he seemed 'normal' until he vanished.

Wondered also about the location and if this had anything to do with the dog's ability to manifest. Like perhaps there's some kind of threshold which, I don't know how to say it, but a threshold which, once crossed, 'breaks the apparition chain'. Which leads me to think about dogs and their territory, this 'threshold' or 'boundary' might be the dog's perceived territory, a territory likely shared with other dogs in the area.

Very cool experience! I love animals too.😊 Thanks for sharing!
Mac_Barbie93 (6 stories) (42 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-05-17)
[at] Mazz
Thank you:)
I'll definitely go through the link you shared. Thank you for taking the time to read my story and helping out. ❤
Mazzmarach (2 stories) (78 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-05-17)
Ahoy, Mac.
Probably unrelated, but this reminded me of Grigio, the gray dog that was said to follow Don Bosco, which you can read about here:

Http://www.miraclesofthesaints.com/2010/10/miracles-with-dogs-birds-other-animals.html

I first found out about the dog when I was bored and reading about his life in one of the schools built in his name. If there are hellhounds out there, it wouldn't surprise me to read about hounds from heaven.

A nice read. 😊
Mazz

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: