You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Mystery Man

Real Ghost Stories

Mystery Man

 

It's been a while since I posted. Mainly due to circumstantial reasons, but I hope now to be able to share many more of my experiences.

Many of my experiences I would like to share have occurred at my grandparents' house which is located in a small town called Westend, and to get to their house, you need to drive down a very long dirt track. Along this track there is an old ruin with a small abandoned house next to it. I have seen many shadows and glowing figures as I've passed. There is a lot of wildlife deer, foxes, owls etc. So a lot of what I see is a little difficult to differentiate and I have yet to explore the ruin alone. When you eventually get the bottom of the track, you are presented with an old farm house which is roughly 170 years old. There used to an old farm on the land.

One evening, quite a few years ago, I must have been 11 or 12 at the time, I was visiting with my brother and it was quite late and it was dark. I was approaching the house and as I got near the gate I saw who I believed by granddad. He was wearing a light checked shirt that was tucked in to dark tweed trousers, braces and what looked like a pork pie hat, which was unusual as my granddad never wore hats. He was on the same side of the fence as us and seemed to be locking the gate. We were about 25 feet away from the gate so I leaned over and honked the horn on the car to grab the attention of my granddad. He stood up straight, looking forward to whole time and walk straight through the gate (bearing in mind the gate was closed) and into the darkness, which was a little startling to say the least.

My brother at this stage was a bit disgruntled that I had honked the horn, but I when trying to justify my actions it turns out he had not even seen my granddad. When we stopped at the gate we were greeted by my grandfather who has seen our headlights coming so he had come out to open the gate for us; however, he wasn't wearing a hat and was now wearing a polo top and shorts. When I asked who the other man was, he laughed and jokingly said it was a ghost, but after confirmed it is only himself and my grandma at the property. This was of course a little alarming as I had only seen this man a moment ago. As we proceeded through the gate to park up, both my brother and I saw the same man who I had seen previously, seemingly coming from within the house, walking through the living room window, across the drive and disappeared into nothing just as he reached the boundary wall.

We both told our grandfather but he wasn't looking in that direction at the time. I was a little worked up when I got inside but when I had calmed down I explained to my grandparents exactly what I saw. They told me that they had seen the same man on many occasions, mainly when walking their dogs, and they believe it is one of the previous owners of the house. It turns out that the window I saw him walk out of is actually the original location of the front door, it was relocated some 40 years ago.

To this day I still see the man on occasions but I have adopted the same attitude as my grandparents. I don't feel threatened by this man. Apart from the first encounter I have never felt scared or uncomfortable, he seems more a friendly presence but I feel as long as no harm or discomfort is brought upon my grandparents or their dogs, *I defiantly welcome him (*modified by mod).

Other hauntings by bigryan020192

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, bigryan020192, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Shady4u (2 stories) (188 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-31)
I wonder what you must've felt like when he disappeared right in front of you. Lol. Thank you.
-Shady.
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-31)
bigryan02192, it's good to know that it doesn't mean any harm. It's not often I read an experience about a normal ghost that just lurks around and doesn't do much of anything but wander. And those kinds of ghosts you don't really have to be scared of. It's very interesting story, and thank you for sharing.
Oh yeah, I was wondering; has he ever spoken to anyone or does he stay silent?
Griff84 (5 stories) (289 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-30)
hI bigryan020192, interesting encounter. Seems like this is a residual haunting from a previous owner of the house as your grandparents have said.

It would be interesting if you could do a little historical digging into the farms history and see if you can find out who this man is, and also what the ruined cottage was and why it fell into disrepair.

Thanks for sharing 😊
nichole87 (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-28)
Wow that's really cool. I'v never seen a full body apparition. That weird that it looked like your grand dad. Maybe its his doppelganger ghost lol.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: