You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ghost Hunting :: The Ouija Board Experience

Real Ghost Stories

The Ouija Board Experience

 

This is another story, my third in fact. This story goes back to October the 2nd, 2008. I am a support worker and our goal is to help the people I support. One of our goals was to get as many people we support to France. We decided to make up a sponsor form and get people to sign. The agreement for the sponsor form was, if we get enough sponsors, we would go to Liverpool Hope Street and camp out. Now, in Hope Street, there is a huge cathedral. The cathedral has hundreds of grave stones and graves that surround this huge building. Approximately, 11 people turned up to the ghost hunt. One of the people that come was my dad. I was quite surprised that he would come, he's a huge sceptic! So, as we all turned up, we had to set up camp. We had two six man tents and an ice box. We had set up camp, then a so called medium brought a Ouija board. This is what happened...

We where all excited but nervous too. John, (not his real name) the medium said that in order for us to use the Ouija board, we have to be blessed then, we need to know how to open and close the board correctly. John then told us to imagine that we are in a bubble, covered in electricity. Once done, he said "I open this board with peace, love and light. We mean no harm, just want to communicate". As we where all sitting around in the tent, huddled up, we all had a finger on a glass and where asking questions. At first, nothing happened but, everything was about to change!

About 15 minutes into the session, a lady called Tilly came through. We asked if she was related or knew someone who was using the board and the glass moved to yes, we asked who and it moved to my dad. She was friendly and didn't seem to want to hurt anyone. Eventually, she give us her date of birth and that date she died. My dad was gob smacked because Tilly was my dads nan. We had a few more people coming through, some would communicate with us, some would just play games. I remember one spirit spelling out "f*** off" then the glass would spin and spin around the board. We closed the board and later we would use it again. Eventually, things started to get crazy. We could hear walking next to the tent and hear people talking. Nothing was specific, just hearing someone talking. We also remember hearing tapping on the tent too, like someone using a finger and gently tapping, like you would on a table if your bored. We all left the tent to investigate, we didn't see anything but, the air seemed fuzzy. I know it sounds silly but, it felt like as if the air was covered in electricity. 

The night moved on and we then decided to walk around all of the graves to see what we could find. I remember seeing white flickers in the corner of my eye, when I would look, nothing would be about. I then remember very clearly, a big white orb floated through me as we where walking back to the tent. My colleague saw it to! He took some photographs and caught about four or five orbs flying about. We all saw a white dog close to a grave stone too, then it disappeared into nothing.

We all retired to the tent, trying to sleep. We where all freaked out and couldn't get a wink. We all agreed that it would be best to go home, so we all packed up and left. This was approximately 06:00. Things only got worse when I get home, things would wake me up, call my name, catching orbs. 

I hope you liked my story, I have a follow up to this little spiritual adventure, I will be writing another story soon.

Other hauntings by MattyDude2009

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MattyDude2009, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Subtle_Poetics (7 stories) (11 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-02-01)
I have spent a good three years reading spiritualist and paranormal literature but I have not seen or heard anything significant myself.

However, from my study I have seen a definite trend of opinions from evidence from experts in the field, that Ouija boards do not in fact contact 'ghosts' meaning the souls of deceased human beings. But alternative and enigmatic entities, call them daemons, jinn, fairies blah blah blah... In other words we know jack about them.

Would you poke your head in a heated oven? Don't use a Ouija board.
MattyDude2009 (6 stories) (19 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-01)
Dear SDS,

Thank you for your concern, I really appreciate it. In all honesty, I would never in a million years ever touch the Ouija board. I personally believe that it's evil, in fact I know it is. See, when I used it back in 2008, a medium told me that the Ouija board was perfectly safe as long as you opened the board correctly, and closed it correctly. I was unaware that this medium didn't know his elbow from his backside! I think, he believed be was susceptible because of him using the Ouija board too. Now, I know that when I used the Ouija board, I become very susceptible, to a point where it really frightened me. I was quiet unlucky though, my Ouija board experience wasn't exactly friendly, whereas the medium, he believed that being susceptible via Ouija board was okay. I think eventually, he was stung, I think he had a bad experience. So yeah, I would run a thousand mile if someone come at me with a Ouija board. Thank you for your concern though 😁
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-01)
My dear friend,

Please don't play Ouija board. It is not at all advisable, in whatever manner you take it, to play Ouija board. I had nasty experiences and advised many not to touch Ouija. It is possible that the spirits could come through with the help of the board. Please don't play with it and if there is still something nagging you after all these days, contact some professional to get rid of such nuisance. But my sincere advise would be not to touch Ouija again.
mystique3 (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-01)
Liked your story! Thanks for sharing... Hope those entities leave you alone!
Stuss217 (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-31)
Hey you won't believe but I feel the same for Ouija board... I had not very good past experiences with it and after those experiences I don't have so much dare to do it again and again.
And I never suggest anybody to do it as well. I personally think that we should not disturb souls and spirits unnecessarily and let them prevail in their own world.
MattyDude2009 (6 stories) (19 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-31)
Hey Stuss217 I'm glad you like my story 😊 I've just posted another story, it'll be available to read in a few days. See, personally I would never use a Ouija board again because of my Expeirence. I remember seeing red orbs, blue orbs, white orbs... All sorts of orbs really 😐 plus the voices and the shadows, eventually I had to be blessed. See, the way I see it, even though someone you love is talking to you via the Ouija board, you can't be 100% sure that he or she is really there. I believe that the Ouija bored is very dangerous. Sorry, I don't want to come across as a "know it all" but I would run a mile if someone had a Ouija board!
Stuss217 (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-31)
Hi Matty... Your experience is really thrilling. Actually my dad and I also have ouija experiences. My dad suggests that we should call some known person's soul like for example our forefathers or ancestors as they would not harm us.
MattyDude2009 (6 stories) (19 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-31)
Of course I have. I am from a place called Birkenhead but I visit Liverpool quite often. There is a story about Bold St, something to do with a time slip or time travel. It's a very interesting story, I really liked it. If you google Liverpool Bold St time travel, it'll give you a link to the story. Buy a Tom Slemen book, they're good too 😊 all about Liverpool and the Wirral.
Argette (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-30)
Liverpool seems to be a center of some sort, in terms of activity. Have you ever visited Bold Street?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: