You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Irregular Paranormal Experiences

Real Ghost Stories

Irregular Paranormal Experiences

 

The events that I am about to tell are spanned over a period of six years. As a kid I was always very keen about ghosts and hauntings. Slowly my interest developed into the occult and my focus is mainly to create protection methods or to create counter attacks against the dark energies. After nearly two years of intensive study and research I still consider my knowledge incomplete and I do not dabble into things that I do not have complete information about.

When I was 11 we moved into a new home, I had a room of my own and I was fairly excited about it. (For many years I was an extreme introvert and liked being alone.) My first strange experience came when I was 13 years old. For about a week, I used to wake up every night around 3 am. I hadn't set any alarm or anything like that. But for some strange reason I was woken up at that time. (I came to know about the relevance of 3am about two years after this experience). With nothing else to do I used to paint or read at that unearthly hour. For two days out of the seven that I had woken, I heard the sound of someone breathing down my neck as if trying to look what I was reading or painting. At that time I thought it was my mind playing tricks on me and ignored it but I constantly felt as if someone was watching me all through that week especially when there was nobody in my room.

After that for years nothing major happened. I did although used to feel unexplained fear sometimes when I stayed up late to work or watched a movie on tv late nights. I am not that kind of a person who gets scared easily and as a kid too I was never afraid of the dark, rather I found the night comforting.

When I was 17 I had developed pretty good extra sensory perception and was successfully able to identify negative energies in people and places. Ironically, I couldn't sense anything like that in my room. My best friend and my favorite cousin are pretty good with this too and they both told me about a dark, suffocating feeling that they sometimes felt. They said it was gloomy. Then with a mission to brighten my room I started extensive meditation and prayers in my room. My room feels alright now but during those days I felt great unease at night and had a real trouble staying up in the dark. Many a times I felt a presence in my room and a very strong feeling that I was being watched. Sometimes the feeling of being watched was exceedingly overwhelming and I had to put a lot of energy to get myself to focus on my wards and to meditate to create a shield. Although it worked at the time I would soon feel the same presence after some nights. About two weeks ago I felt the presence again and it was unusually strong, it made me shiver and almost cry. I ducked under the covers and concentrated hard on my prayers. I do not know if I completed the prayer or if I was able to ward off the entity as I had become unconscious midway.

From the past few days my sister has been sleeping in my room and two nights ago I was woken up from deep sleep by the sound of heavy footsteps. When I opened my eyes I saw a dark male figure bend over my sisters feet and look for something under the covers, maybe under the mattress. I didn't move a muscle and pretended to sleep. When I opened my eyes again it was there but faded as I kept watching.

All the events make no sense to me neither do I feel they are connected. I am pretty sure that the entity has nothing to do with my home. Maybe it has something to do with me but I have never tried to communicate with it and I do not intend to do so.

Help and valuable suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mysticalme, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Sakie (1 stories) (23 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-16)
Hi,

Really spooky! I must confine that waking up at 3am for no good reason at all is a creepy feeling. I too have had my share of waking up between 2.45 am and 3.15 am and sometimes at bang 3am without any reason! But trust me the feeling is not that nice. I remember when I was pregnant last year with my second child, I used to wake up between the said time without any rhyme or reason and could not get back to sleep until 5am or sometimes 6 am. This coninued for, I guess a couple of months, and then suddenly everything was fine. Yeah, most of you might think it is to do with pregnancy, but trust me, nothing of that sort! Would feel scared and start chanting hanuman chalisa or any other holy chant that would make me feel better! It's kind of funny how we humans feel invisible fear!

All the best. Don't let the fear consume you. Face it and consult someone. Nothing is worth ruining your mental peace.
deewanathodasa (3 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-26)
such a nice story not much scarry but intresting to read keep it up
Gayatrishiva (3 stories) (121 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-01-02)
Hi rook that's an awesome cleaning method something similar to mine. I teach yoga and meditation so I also tell my students similar stuff. Here it goes:

Sit for meditation you can do either before or after meditation or prayer.

Imagine your God that is the One that you feel close and have lot of reverence, faith and love. For an nonbeliever just imagine white light from sky or above you.

Now imagine your God above you or the word like a mantra (like OM etc) or Allah (in case if a person is muslim). Now imagine from God's hand or from his chest/heart (spirtual heart espcially like you see in many photos of jesus) rays of white or golden light is coming towards you and you are engulfed in the whole light from top to bottom. Now let the ball of white or golden light to be brighter and engulfing you fully and now its extending to the whole room and now to the whole house. Now engulf the whole house with the divine light. Now say in your mind that may this Divine Light protect from anything that ie evil, nagative and nagive energy or entity. NO negativity of any sort can panentrate this divine light which is engulfing my home and me. Say this 3 times. Now thank God for protecting you and also tell that let this divine protection be with you 24/7 days a week and as you move let the light also move with you in protection.
mysticalme (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-06)
[at] Venusette - I think you should follow the same ritual that Rook suggested in the very first comment in this stream. Also I suggest that you start mediation and if possible do it in the room where you experienced this incident.
Keep me updated.
Love,
Misty
venusette (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-01)
I actually heard somebody breathing above my head, about an hour back (00:00 hours IST).
I am 27 (female) , practical and have never heard anything like this before. I am frightened and Googled my question. My search results came up with this post and I registered right away to share my experience.
I've lived all alone in apartments for atleast 3 years but nothing like this has ever happened.
I am scared...
Can somebody please help me...
Mysticalme - Can you help me out?
crecentblue03 (151 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-21)
Hey mysticalme, I like your story very scary!, all I can say is follow rooks instruction your in good hands with him when it comes to getting rid of guests of the ghostly kind!. Thanks for sharing wishing you the best!.
mysticalme (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-21)
the building that I live in is not more than 15-17 years old. I am not aware of any unnatural deaths. I shall look up more thoroughly.
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-21)
I think rook's cleansing plan will be the best plan of action right now for you, between that looking up the history of your home and property may reveal some answers as to whether or not this is related to your house or not.
Lild0ggirl (3 stories) (39 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-20)
You should look up types of ghost to see what they could be. I really suggest this.
Micha_1998 (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-20)
Well, you do say that you believe the spirit is not attached to your home, but it is possible because you stated "Look for something under the covers, maybe under the mattress"
This could suggest that this used to be the spirits home, and he is looking for something he has lost until he goes into his afterlife. This can be known as 'unfinished bussines'. Maybe I'm wrong? Who knows 😜 Good luck and stay safe!
Micha ❤
mysticalme (1 stories) (9 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-02-20)
[at] Rook
Thank you for your help. I like the cleansing/shielding ritual that you suggested. I shall start with it ASAP. I am raised in a Hindu family and what I am told is that 3am is a good time to pray so is the twilight hour. Earlier I did refer to the witching hour. I do like your point that no time is more or less important than any other time of the day. Thanks again for your help.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-20)
mysticalme,

Welcome and well met. Thank you for sharing with us.

Your first strange experience was when you were 13... You would wake up at a certain time of night. You'd paint/read and you felt you were being watched... This was more likely Puberty Hormones rather than a spirit or entity... However the 'breathing' may have been a spirit attracted by the 'energy' your body was producing during Puberty. I would also like to ask just what you mean by this statement..."I came to know about the relevance of 3am about two years after this experience..." If you mean the Witching Hour... Or the fact that 'evil things' are more active at this time than others to 'mock' the Trinity... These are Western ideas pulled from stories such as The Legend of Sleepy Hollow by Washington Irving or Popularized in movies such as The Exorcism of Emily Rose. It's my opinion that 3am in no more or less special than any other time of the day.

As for the Dark Suffocating felling your friends would sometimes feel in your room when you were 17... A couple of things come to mind... Either you 'had blinders on' because it was your room and you didn't 'want to see' what was really there or... And more likely... One or both of your friends brought it in with them and (unknowingly of course) and it hung around after they left.

You say your Shields and wards do not seem to last very long... I offer you this method, I use it for my Family and Home...

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

Please keep us updated.

Respectfully,

Rook

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: