You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Psychic / Medium :: Poltergeist at my Sisters, the Beginning

Real Ghost Stories

Poltergeist at my Sisters, the Beginning

 

My husband and I had moved to Texas for the military and 6 months after we got there we moved on post. A few months after we moved in stuff started happening. My husband finally opened up to me and started telling me that he sees stuff and that he has, since he was 8 years old. I found it interesting because growing up, I always believed in the paranormal and thought it an interesting subject.

When he was 8 years old, he moved to Ohio and one night he had his bedroom door cracked open. It swung open really fast and the door stopped right before it was going to hit the wall. He said that a tall dark shadow figure stood in the doorway and ever since then, it has followed him where ever he goes. When they had just moved in that house, there was dead animals hanging in the attic. They removed it and each day there was more. This happened for about 3 weeks and it stopped.

Another incident at that house was about his mom. She was a few months pregnant and she says that she felt a strong force push her down the stairs. She ended up miscarrying her child.

They moved out of the house and ended up in Iowa. She never had anymore problems that I'm aware of, but my husband, Patrick, always saw them around the farm outside, but never in the house. He blew it off and ignored them growing up.

Since we moved to Texas it has progressed into more things. He had left for training for a few weeks and the night he left, I had to sleep with the light on because it felt very uncomfortable. I was almost asleep when I heard something whisper in my ear. It said "get out..." I woke up suddenly and looked around the room and nothing was there. My dog lay on the floor beside the bed and she did nothing. I fell back asleep in the REM stage and felt very cold fingertips on my neck. I sat up really quick and told them to leave me alone. I went back to sleep that night restfully. Luckily my twin brother was coming the next day. He was stationed there with us and so he kept me company and they left me alone.

Another instance in that house, I was in the bathroom doing my hair and the toilet flushed by itself. I walked around the house and when I checked the kitchen and the cabinets were open.

One night my husband, friend and I were sitting in the living room watching a movie. This was around Christmas time in 2005. Patrick had finished his drink and set it on the side table next to the couch. When the movie was almost over, something hit the cup and it flew up in the air, twirled, and then landed on the floor laying on its side. We all looked at each other confused. We blew it off and went about finishing our movie. By the time the movie was over, the cup was sitting upside down. My friend was really freaked out but the hubby and I just brushed it off because we were use to the behavior. She was always freaked out to come over but still did regardless of the shadows she would see on the wall.

My friend and I (same friend) were sitting around one night just having a drink socially and my husband called out to me in a scared voice. I went in there and he said that they were pulling on his leg. He said that a big green, gargoyle looking face came out of the corner and shot right at him and scared him to death.

Now once my brother moved in there with us, it didn't bother us anymore. Until we moved...

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, stefie83, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

ThePhantom (4 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-08-17)
This is pretty scary stuff you are telling us, girl. Do you still feel spirrits around you? Or did the haunting stoped, after you moved?
armymp76544 (1 stories) (12 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-07-18)
Just curios did this happen at Ft Hood? If so you might look into the history of the house as while I was stationed there from 2003-2006 I know of at least one person shot and killed in on post housing there. The person was stabbing his wife when the MP's arrived and refused to stop when ordered to a K-9 was sent in only to be kicked by this person and then he was subsequently shot and killed by the K-9 Handler who had no other choice
FinanceMajor (1 stories) (64 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-12-31)
Usually when you are introduced to Spirits like this at such a young age they stick with you until you make yourself strong enough to repel their interest. Sometimes you must get Religious People like Priests to help cleanse the House. You can also add Holy Items to defend against these anoying things.

In my opinion this may not be spirits or ghosts but some kind of demons, usually ghosts are just apparaitions with no real power, but if things are moving around then this is something else altogether. I believe it is time to take a Spiritual Stance. Myself being a Prior Marine in the Armed Services and having gone through something similar can tell you Mental and Spiritual toughness aids you as well as prayers, ignoring these things allows everything to persist as it has done in the past. V III.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-12-19)
Hi stefie83. How did I miss this story? Wow. I guess it's obvious that it's your hubby that attracts the spirits, but, I'm thinking since you are so close to him and spend so much time with him you've come to their attention too. I'm looking forward to reading about your experiences in your new house. I'll be waiting!
zahowy (5 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-07)
holy (don't want to cuse and make people mad) I am freaked out right now because of that story 😕

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: