You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Mom And Dads Friend

Real Ghost Stories

My Mom And Dads Friend

 

Before me and my sister were born my Mom and Dad had a friend called Paul who died 5 years before I was born. When I was 4 and my sister was 3, I woke up by seeing flashes and sounds above me. I looked at my dart board which is across my room and saw a black face - shaped ball drop into my floor and rise again on my ceiling above me. I turned and looked up and saw it smiling back at me.

I wasn't scared because I remember my mom and dad telling me the story of Paul, so I smiled back and it then faded away. The next two nights where quiet and but on the third night my sister woke up about 4:00AM, says she saw Paul. By the way, my mom and dad never told my sister about him because they didn't want to scare her. But she woke saying his name and saying he had visited and told her his name.

A week later I was playing my Xbox and the t.v went off and a face appeared on the screen and it said out of the speakers, "I'll watch over you and don't forget that", then the screen came back on and I was still in the same place on the game as before Paul appeared. I was amazed. I believe that he gave me confidence.

When my mate's Granddad died he couldn't cope. He kept seeing him so I went over to my mate's house and spoke to his granddad. Now when my mate is upset I say to my mate, "just tell your granddad your problems" and sure enough it worked.

Paul also then came back 1 year later saying "well done" and that he had been taking care of my mates granddad in heaven since I helped my mate through the difficult times of life, and made over come and speak to his granddad without being scared.

I have had no more encounters with Paul and if I do I will share them on this.

Thanks

Xbox360player

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, xbox360player, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

mellybarr (4 stories) (46 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-10)
I'm with Lou, Blue and Rook on this one.

Also, if you were 4 and your sister was 3 why would she get scared at the knowledge of Paul, but not you?

Does a 4 year old have a higher tolerance for fear than a 3 year old?

Regards,

Mel
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-04-10)
xbox,
Sorry, something stuck out to me as well, "I wasn't scared because I remember my mom and dad telling me the story of Paul, so I smiled back and it then faded away."...I understand your folks sharing with you what a good friend Paul was and that he had passed before you got to meet him; but did they also let you know that he has now begun wandering your house as a floating head beach ball? I don't believe there is a child out there that would not be afraid of a floating head of someone they knew, let alone a floating head of someone they had never met.

Lou
bluefoxx01 (81 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-04-09)
I must say your a very capable 4 year old playing the Xbox and helping your mate cope with the loss of his grandfather, you are a born ghost whisperer. Ghosts don't visit me when I play the Xbox because I usually swear too much, when I die or can't get past a level or end boss 😉
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-09)
This is an interesting 'experience' but I have a question concerning a 'large portion' of it... I'll quote it so there is no misunderstanding...

"When I was 4 and my sister was 3, I woke up by seeing flashes and sounds above me. I looked at my dart board which is across my room and saw a black face - shaped ball drop into my floor and rise again on my ceiling above me. I turned and looked up and saw it smiling back at me.

I wasn't scared because I remember my mom and dad telling me the story of Paul, so I smiled back and it then faded away. The next two nights where quiet and but on the third night my sister woke up about 4:00AM, says she saw Paul. By the way, my mom and dad never told my sister about him because they didn't want to scare her. But she woke saying his name and saying he had visited and told her his name.

A week later I was playing my Xbox and the t.v went off and a face appeared on the screen and it said out of the speakers, "I'll watch over you and don't forget that",..."

I'll start with this question... You were playing the Xbox when you were 4 years old? I ask this because you have stated that your first experience happened when you were 4 and your sister was 3...3 nights Later your 3 year old sister wakes up at 4am and says she 'Saw Paul' and then a week later you were playing Xbox and you heard the voice saying "I'll watch over you and don't forget that". According to your 'time line' you were 4 years old when this happened... (Just makes me go Hummm?) I own an XBox, have for a number of years... I have 3 Children...19/15/13 (Boy/Girl/Boy) but... And maybe it's just me... But I would not have let anyone of them play that video game system (or any other) at the age of 4).

Please clarify for me the age that you were when you experienced all of this...

Thanks...

Respectfully,

Rook
Mannerizms (10 stories) (172 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-08)
It is always nice knowing we have others watching over us. Paul did a great thing instilling confidence in you and you did a great thing for your mate!

Great Job and Stay Safe! ❤
Macer_man (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-08)
Im confused with the ending. What's your mate have to do with Paul?
Ghostbeliever5 (8 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-08)
what a Beautiful story <3 its so nice of him to stay and look after you! Thanks for sharing! 😁 😊 ❤
Ghostly98 (2 stories) (23 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-08)
Sorry, I did not mean to repeat my message there. My computer is a little wonky 😳 Sorry 😊

Ghostly98 ❤
Ghostly98 (2 stories) (23 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-08)
Sweet story, mate 😊 Well seems to me that your not in need of any help, so in my opinion keep going the way you're going 😊

Good Luck & God Bless

Ghostly98 ❤
Ghostly98 (2 stories) (23 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-08)
Sweet story, mate 😊 Well seems to me that your not in need of any help, so in my opinion keep goign the way you're going 😊

Good Luck & God Bless

Ghostly98 ❤
Mac_Barbie93 (6 stories) (42 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-07)
Aww that's so sweet! Even after he passed away he's looking out for you, your sister and your parents. Maybe your parents were really close to him and he takes you guys as his children, he's watching over you'll and taking care of you'll from above, its so sweet of you to take care of your friend when he was going through a lot, there are very few people these days who stick by their friends through their ups and downs. May God bless you. 😊 ❤
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-07)
xbox360player,
Thank you for sharing your experiences with Paul. He must have been a wonderful man. And what you did for your friend was a very wise and caring act. I'm sure your parents are proud to see the thoughtfull, caring adult you have become. Of course, they had a very good friend to watch over you too. ❤

Jav 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: