You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Made Me A Believer

Real Ghost Stories

Made Me A Believer

 

I was on a school field trip to Boston, Massachusetts and New York City, New York from June 15-18, 2006. It was our 3rd night in Boston and we were heading out for NYC in the morning and my friend JoJo and I decided to do some laundry so we could have clean clothes for the rest of the trip.

We were in the laundry facility of the Courtyard hotel we were staying at and were making all these jokes about how we were going to get murdered out here because there was literally no civilization within a good two mile radius of the hotel and it was way out in the middle of nowhere, complete with a dirt road and a forest out back.

As we were loading the dryer, I got a call from our other bunkmate for the trip saying she was bored and wanted to hang out with us and was on her way up to the laundry room. As soon as I hung up, we heard loud knocking door. Now, the room we were in was super small, had just enough room for a washer and a dryer and a couple of people comfortably so when the knocks occurred, we both looked out the door's window thinking it was our friend and noticed that no one was there. I, being the brave and rational one, went down the hall to find her, thinking she was playing a joke or something, but there was no one there. So I went back to the laundry room and closed the door and continued loading the machine.

I'm not sure how familiar everyone is with hotel doors and the door handles. The handles are on two different tracks. If you move a handle on the outside, the one on the inside is completely unaffected and vice versa. No sooner did we start the dryer did the handle on the inside of the door begin to jiggle violently, as if someone was desperately trying to get out.

Once, the jiggling stopped, I went over to the and tested the door handles to find out that, in fact, if you move the handle on the outside, the inside one stays completely still! I turned around to tell JoJo that little fact and as I did, I seen a face in the window, looking straight at me, locking eyes with me. I opened my mouth to start screaming and as I did, JoJo had turned and saw exactly what had me in a state of terror!

Oh, did I mention that we were on the 3rd floor doing laundry at about 2 a.m.? I can't say for sure, as we immediately ran out of the laundry facility once we both saw the face, but I'm pretty sure no hotel would have window cleaners or maintenance people working outside in the middle of the night.

I've always been skeptical of ghosts existing, especially ghosts being able to manipulate objects or manifest themselves. But ever since that night, that face is one I've had emblazoned in my mind and those events I can't seem to forget. That night DEFINITELY made me a believer.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Massachusetts

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SkepticUntilNow, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

SkepticUntilNow (1 stories) (5 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-20)
Hello Moongrim!

Thanks for reading! That would explain the face, yes. From your experience working in hotels, what would cause the door handle to just randomly start shaking?

Thank you! 😁
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-17)
Having worked hotels in my younger days. I'd say that yes, there are some maintenance folks who do work at 2 in the morning.
More than likely a security person in a "middle of nowhere" hotel would be curious about whom is doing laundry at 2 in the morning.
SkepticUntilNow (1 stories) (5 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-16)
Dear Rose,

First off, thank you for reading! 😁 The face was really undefined. It was an outline of the face with no definite nose or lips or anything. It was very gray and transparent. It was the eyes that were prominent; or the look in its eyes anyways. They just had a very deranged look to them, like it's sole purpose was to scare the bajeezus out of us (and it worked!😨) At the time, we were 16 and doing laundry in the middle of the night on a school field trip so we didn't want to tell anyone anything that might incriminate ourselves but I sure wish we did! 😊
roseinbloom (4 stories) (117 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-14)
Dear Skeptic,
Yikes! Good story. Just a couple of questions. First, what did the face look like? Young, old, solid, or transparent? Did you try and ask any of the employees there, like the fornt desk clerk, if anyone else had ever reported similar occurances?
Thanks for sharing. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: