You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Psychic / Medium :: Suffocated by Evil

Real Ghost Stories

Suffocated by Evil

 

I have many ghost stories and will post them here separately. This is the most "impressive" one though...

I was asleep one night when I awoke, realizing that I couldn't breathe. Now, I have several cats (don't most psychic people?) and, on occasion, they will lie down on my face while sleeping... such is their way. (As a wise person once told me - the one thing to always remember about cats is - if they were bigger, they'd eat you.) :-) So, I assumed this is what was happening.

However, when I was fully awake, I realized that I couldn't move and furthermore, that it was my pillow that was covering my face. I was lying on my side and the pillow I had my head on, was folded up over my face. So, once again, I assumed a cat had just slipped under there, but... that wasn't it.

I started to panic because I couldn't move and I also couldn't breathe! Now - the pillow just wasn't covering my face - it was being *pressed into* my face. I finally was able to, using all my might, move my head just a little bit back and forth.

After a couple seconds of that, the pillow suddenly dropped from my face and, standing right next to my bed, was this tall, thin "Death" figure, except all in white. Like a skeleton in a long, heavy, hooded robe that covered all but the hands. Where the face would be was just "ethereal" whiteness.

Within a split second, this figure reached down and grabbed by bedspread and pulled it over my face and held it tight, trying to suffocate me again! I thought, "This thing is going to kill me - I have to do something!" But, again, I couldn't move - I was paralyzed.

Then, I remembered, that I had been studying up on auras and I realized - this was my only chance. Again, with all my might, I envisioned an energy field around me and, when it had solidified, I pushed it as hard as I could towards this "thing" by my bed.

Suddenly, the bedspread flew off my face (and nearly off the bed) and I was able to see this "thing" being flung back to wherever it came from! It just quickly flew back away from the bed, getting smaller and smaller until it disappeared.

When it was gone, I was suddenly able to move again, so I immediately jumped out of bed and flung on all the lights and started screaming and crying... still being frightened out of my mind!

I couldn't stop screaming and crying about it for 2 days - I had truly felt like someone had just tried to kill me. I couldn't go to work... I couldn't do anything. It took about a week for me to be able to go back into my bedroom and then, about a month for me to be able to go to sleep without having ALL the lights on.

People who know this event ask me how I could still live there. I tell them - if something evil is out to get you - it will find you where ever you are - moving won't change that.

This happened in April 2003.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

CharyWithThePoltergeists (3 stories) (61 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-10)
Enjoy them! 😊

Sorry for going off topic for a moment Rebecca! Hehe!
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-10)
Ok that could be where I've heard vex. I've read the first two Beautiful Creatures books recently, I'll be getting around to the third soon. Have a couple other books to finish first. Thanks for jogging my memory. 😊
darkassassin92 (119 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-10)
It was june of 2013 I think late last night or early this morning I felt something touch me on my left leg I am not kidding do not know if I was asleep or awake I heard 3 rapid knocks or something since friday the next door neighbors are loud but the odd thing is I do not think they are making that knocking sound on the wall it is by the fan where you turn to prevent fire alarm our apartment does not appear to be haunted but the 3 rapid knocks are scaring me it happened Saturday early morning again and last night what on the world could it be I do not think its animals.
CharyWithThePoltergeists (3 stories) (61 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2013-06-10)
Badjuujuu, I didn't get that information from a website or anything I've just got it from well, AROUND I suppose. Bear in mind I am a bookworm. Also if you want to read about vexes then you could always get Beautiful Creatures as that has it in one of the books. I think its the second one but I can't check because I don't have the book now. Thank you for taking me seriously!
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-30)
Chary, could you maybe provide a link or reference to vexes? I've only ever heard of them in fiction, I want to say the Sword of Truth series but not sure, it's been years since I read it.
CharyWithThePoltergeists (3 stories) (61 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2013-05-30)
Have you ever heard of a vex? I'm not sure that they are real of course. Vexes are creatures of shadows from the underworld and the definition of vex is to annoy but they suck your soul right out of your chest but they kill you first. They are exactly like you said but they CAN be black. Thanks for sharing and also don't laugh PLEASE!
Sol18 (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-12)
I have for the last few days a unusual experience, I am almost sleeping and I see a harm that coming for my right size to hold me but when is closer to me automatically I scream and shout so loud that my husband get up afraid for the situation asking me what it is, last night the hand was so close to my face that I could see very clear the fingerprints on the fingers of this hand, I can immediate move and open my eyes, I had asking what is it and see if I can get any answer but I do not yet so tonight I am going to put on, my video camera and see if I can catch something on video, something very unusual is a picture that I had taking in my grand child birthday's party and I had catch two hands... Was no way could be my owns and nobody was by me at the moment not even closer but my grand child and in front to me, the hands appear in the picture by my right hand side and was not explanation for it, please if somebody had or know about this experience can shared with me, thank you!
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-18)
great observation Daniel- except the part that this story is 6 years old, and the op doesn't even have an active account.
AngelusExMortis (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-21)
jeebuz! If that happened to me I would have crapped myself! Hope you're ok now though! ❤ 😊
ghostboi (22 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-09-01)
that is some scary shiat right there you always have to stay strong if a spirit/demon/entity or what ever know your afraid it will target you even more and it will be more violent just stay strong 😨
MaskedPsycho (1 stories) (6 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-28)
Woah, that is terrifying.
Never let a 'ghost/demon' whatever you want to call it, get to you. If it knows your weak or frightened, it will target you more.
Stay strong Rebbecca!:) 😊
stormangel (3 stories) (55 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-01)
I have sleep paralysis also and know how it feels, have seen stuff, heard things, felt things but at the time I know the difference between sleep paralysis, lucid dreaming and being wide awake. I hate being told I was probably just dreaming when I know I wasn't and had only just got into bed. Sometimes with sleep paralysis if you were asleep and experience it when waking (through the night) then that's when it can be hallucinary visions etc, if you experience this as your dropping off to sleep, your mind is fully awake but your body seems to have fallen asleep these are the times you can astrally project or/and something in your brain opens to things like this, I think your vunerable in this state and there are 'things' lurking about that can try to take advantage. I have had a lot of sleep paralysis on both waking and sleeping and I can usually tell when I'm dreaming and when something 'not quite right' is happening.
ven (2 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-12-30)
I had experienced the same nightmare you had... But the difference is that I did not saw a body or a face but only a hand of an old lady that came out from the grave griping my stomach as I was lying in my bed... I felt like she was under my bed and her arm was reaching my body wrapping it around my stomach gripping it so hard that I could no longer breath... And so I tried to wake up and so I did... And I got pissed off...! I hate when that happens... But that was the only time I saw something that was causing me from stop breathing. I was already in college at that time... But I already had experienced this breath taking sleeping moment ever since I was a kid... It usually happens when my body is so tired and exhausted... There is a scientific explanation about this breath taking sleep...
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-12-26)
Socketboy - I think the witch you are referring to in some cultures is also called "The Hag" or something like that.

This was an interesting read. I'm not really sure what to say. It could be a spirit, or you could have gone through Astral Projection.

Who knows.

The part that I found interesting was how you said you were able to push the thing away with your aura and then was able to move shortly after.

That gives me reason to believe that its probably a spirit/demon more than anything else.

Peace

JustCurious
Coyote42Dances (2 stories) (12 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-12-26)
I agree with OminousNyxx! 😊 I have experienced Sleep Paralysis and everything you experience can seem 100% real, but it is just a dream-state. With Astral Projection you do feel like you are falling back into your body and get that kick-like feeling.
xdannyx117x (1 stories) (12 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-22)
Wow pretty scary I'm glad I found someone that has had an experience like mine I'm going to put up the story today, I have done the exact same thing as you and it takes its toll
scrapmetalkitten (306 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-07-19)
wow that's crazy. I'm glad that didn't happen again. I liked the way you protected yourself.
brilliantmynd (2 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-05-19)
i worded that wrong... I could NOT see a face of the thing that tried to suffocate me.
brilliantmynd (2 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-05-18)
i have experienced this... Omg I thought I was being pushed into the coach as I was being suffocated by a ghost.however, I could visualize a face. This happened as I was drifting off to sleep, it felt as if it was real, and while I sort of knew it wasnt, I couldn't move or wake up until I fought out of it in my dream, but actually didn't move as if my arms were held down by my sides... OMG so much I could saythat happened... All I know is that it was very scary.
theassman (2 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-02-20)
What feeds these entities to have so much power in a normal happy home?
BlueSkyGirl (2 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-02-04)
That sounds terrifying 😲! I know that if that happened to me, I would probably never go into that room again, let alone sleep there!
thedevil (1 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-06-14)
Your experiences are some what similiar to mine. It's true moving won't change a thing it would just find you again as for it has for me.
TwistedWispersNeko (3 stories) (90 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-08-07)
well, definatly a dark entity. You'll probably end up going against it again but in another form.
mysterious_rissa (2 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-08-07)
Gosh! That was scary 😢 If I was in your place I would have been dead by now. It's nice to know that you've managed to make an energy force in that kind of situation that was super! (claps). Even if you say so that even you transfer a house that wouldn't change anything still it's somewhat traumatizing!
ominousnyxx (10 stories) (136 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-07-10)
That's not how "Astral Projection" works. You don't suffocate when you come back into your body, you kick or you gasp for air as if you were holding your breath.

If you were to astral project outside your body you would see your own body, but I think most of us astral project into our dreams and the only way to come back is to fall, thus we have that kicking sensation.

Like everyone else said here, it's most likely SLEEP PARALYSIS!
coolcat12 (7 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-07-10)
Spirits are very creepy. I have four in my house so I always keep my lights and TV on. At the end, that is true. If you have something in your house, as in a ghost or demon, then moving won't change it. You have to fight it and it will go away--sometimes. 😐
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-07-10)
OH MY, you guys are way off. It's called Astrial Projection. It's when you go off and have a nice dream and then you come back so fast at your body is have in and half not. So you can't beath and you can't move. For your your thing don't ask me.
GIRLIE 😲
metalhed16 (14 stories) (119 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-05-10)
this could be a case of sleep paralysis. Also at night the mind has a tendancy to wander... Hard to say
PanasonicYouth (1 stories) (16 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-03-04)
Anything seen while in bed makes be a bit sceptical.

At night, your mind is more likely to wander, you experience hallucinations more easily, and let's not forget sleep paralysis either, which seems to be a common conception for these stories.

This is without a doubt a scary story, and I hope that this spirit does not return to you.

Take care.
whitebuffalo (guest)
+1
16 years ago (2007-11-25)
If it was sleep paralysis, I think this would be the first case that I have read where the body was laying on the side. Also the first one in which the "victim" saw the source of the smothering. That is not to say that it is not a possibility. As I am in the first stages of knowledge on this subject, I am far from being an expert. However, if it were a very vivid dream, and I have had a few that took a while to realise they were a dream, that would be believable too. All in all, I am relieved to hear that you fought this being off and sent it back form whence it came! Thanks for the story.

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: