You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Laying in Bed 2

Real Ghost Stories

Laying in Bed 2

 

If you haven't read my other experience, which was in the last week of June, I had another. After not being able to sleep since that night because of feelings of being watched and strange feelings of emotions of sadness, I went and bought a crucifix and a cross to wear while I slept. Things were going well since then until last night.

I was having a dream about work (I usually dream about work). I was talking to my assistant in the dream when all of a sudden she looked behind and began to scream in horror. I woke up from that but, this is the insane part, I woke up above my bed falling down into it. I was in a ball when it happened. My arms were wrapped around my knees like I was doing a cannon ball but going side ways (I sleep like that sometimes when I'm cold).

When I hit the bed it was loud. But instead of springing upwards I stayed embedded into the bed. I was being held very strong unable to move. Wind was rushing into my face and ears (no windows were open). I was scared out of my mind. I prayed to god and it stopped right after that. It only lasted about 15 seconds. Now I just moved into this house almost a year ago (August 21st).

Is it haunted do you think? Or am I dealing with something else?

Other hauntings by NickT

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Jersey

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, NickT, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Cody13Smith (5 stories) (54 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-05)
the position you were in was called the Fetal Position many people go into that position either of fear or cold and huddling for warmth
Kwazimoto (5 stories) (18 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-09)
You're describing a classic OBE as your spirit and your physical body become one again. Your physical body is already lying down and depressing the mattress, that's why there was no rebound when your spiritual body "dropped" into it. And the sensation of being held down is because you're losing the feeling of ultimate freedom that comes with astral traveling.
cliffandkris (3 stories) (4 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-24)
I read somewhere that you can have an involuntary OBE, where when you wake up unrested, sometimes that is the cause... Or so I've been told.
NickT (3 stories) (2 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-23)
Actually you guys are correct with the OBE. It happened again but this time It was different. I had the TV on all of a sudden the sound changed like it was becoming distant. Then I felt myself close my eyes but then I could see again and the ceiling appeared to stretch itself out several feet and I was rising toward it. I got alarmed and I like zipped back into myself and woke up all frozen but moved around shortly after. Thanks guys for your input. I feel much better now about sleeping.
CearysAwesome (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-18)
No I think that it could be something else like demons trying to attack you... Are you a christian? If you are they may be attacking you and the fact that you were wearing a cross...hmmmm...just a thought?

Ceary
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-18)
Dear NickT,

I agree with the two gentlemen, Martin and Shane below my post, and three times a comment charm or an out of body experience.

You may want to read some of Robert Monroe's books and do some other research for yourself.

It seems you were outside of your physical body dreaming, and just woke up before your dream had completely finished and had not yet returned to your physical body. I can understand how the first time like that might be frightening, but for any other future flight returns, just remember to tell yourself and imagine that you are calm and relaxed, as well as that you are in control. You are what you think or imagine when in dream and out of body state. If you are loose and not fearful, all should go well. You can call on your belief system as you did, because all great belief and intention works to help cancel fear and also does help to ward off any entities who might be causing interference.--Abby
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-17)
I also agree with Martin, this sounds too much like a classic OBE. If this is something you are not use to and you haven't been trying to acomplish then it can be a frightening event. Thanks for sharing your story with us.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
Martin (602 posts) mod
 
17 years ago (2007-07-16)
I wouldn't call it a ghost experience per se but since it follows another story that was already published, I think it might be interesting. It sounds like you had an OBE (out of body experience).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Out-of-body_experience

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: