You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Heard But Unseen

Real Ghost Stories

Heard But Unseen

 

I was reading a book in the middle of the night when suddenly, the power went off. Without the fan, it was hot but I had no other choice than to sleep. I was already half asleep when I started hearing something like voices from a portable radio (like a walkie talkie) but it was choppy. I wasn't able to understand anything because of the frequent buzz. I became fully conscious after what I heard but I was shocked to find out that there actually wasn't anything like that sound around at all. I thought maybe it was just my mind playing tricks on me or it was only some people outside trying to communicate. How weird, I thought. It was already too late to hear people outside considering that I was in a very rural area.

I returned back to a half-asleep state when I started hearing something again. It sounded like it was coming from an animal I never heard before. The sound was like a chicken combined with a goose combined with other animals. It was very clear and distinct. I became fully awake once again but I felt disappointed to know that once again, I can't hear anything odd around. I know every animal around and the sounds that they emit because I've been living at that place for a decade but never did I hear something like it. It was entirely new that it picked on my interest but I don't have any means to find out what it is.

In the end, I fell back to sleep again.

I relayed this story to our maid and my brother the next day at lunch. They said that they hear odd sounds around at night but they never heard something that fits my description. Our maid said that when she's alone at night waiting for us to come home, she would hear the door and one of the gates open but she never saw anything or anyone come in. We have 4 dogs but they were too small to be able to reach the knobs. She would also hear something say "psssst" while she's outside at dawn. My brother reported hearing plates collide at our kitchen outside the house. He would also see three of our pups barking at something that he couldn't see by the gate.

Your comment is always welcome.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, CenturyEgg, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

CenturyEgg (1 stories) (1 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-05-20)
[at] Lexiblue

I am kind of creeped out at the idea of trying to speak to them but maybe I can try. How should I do it? I don't know how to go into a half-asleep state in purpose. No one related to me just died as far as I know.

[at] galvon

There were no slaughterhouses but people here in our place kill their animals for food anywhere inside their lots. After I heard these things, I don't remember hearing our dogs barking like crazy. I wasn't able to see though what the dogs were doing. I haven't asked our neighbors because I don't have the guts to. I am not that sociable. Sorry if this is all I know.
galvon (142 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-05-08)
had to read afew times over this story before I could make an proper post.

Have you checked the neigborhood if their used to be a slaughterhouse nearby? Or any freak excidents with certian animals, even animals have ghosts too.

Have your dogs behaved "playfully" when those sounds were around? As if something was trying to play with them, or were they always sitting stil?

And at last, has anyone in your neighboord ever heard anything like that? Possible friends who have slept over at your place?

Try too find as much evidence as possible, so you can figure it out and tell us.
LexiBlue (2 stories) (25 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-05-08)
Thank you for this story. Maybe there was a ghost trying to communicate with you in different ways. Did a recent family member of you, and your brother die recently before the weird stuff happened? My theory is that the ghost tried to communicate with you through maybe a radio of something. You said you heard some weird voices and disconnected voices, conversations. So I have a strong feeling they were trying to talk to you. Then maybe it was trying to also communicate with your brother and maid, just in different ways. I think you should try and get the ghost to do it again, figure out what it wants, who it is and try to see if you could help it. Good Luck! Hope everything goes well for you.

❤ LexiBlue 😆

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: