You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: The Last Goodbye And The Unseen

Real Ghost Stories

The Last Goodbye And The Unseen

 

It's the date that I will never forget as long as I live. It was August 9, 1994, I just arrived home from school to find all my younger siblings and parents crying. It turns out that an accident happened, our beloved cat, Misha passed away due to ingested poison. They told me that a cough medicine broke and poured over Misha's 2 week old litters, and being a good mother cat she licked her kittens clean and minutes later she convulsed and die.

It's hard for me to accept that the cat, the very friend I have is dead. I just can't bear to let her go, her body stayed in our house for 3 days before I have the courage to finally laid her body to rest. I tried to hand-fed and nursed her kittens but they soon followed their mother to the rainbow bridge. I can't forgive myself from not being home when this tragedy happened. I could have done something to save her.

It's the saddest time for our family especially for me because she practically owns me. We were never apart whenever I'm at home. She sleeps with me at night and she too wakes me up in the morning when my mom can't wake me up. And when I'm lonely, she often comes to comfort me by giving me a cat kiss on the neck. She is practically the very best friend I ever have except my mom.

The following days after she died I often cried myself to sleep while hugging her favorite stuff toy (a lamb) close. Several months have passed but I still couldn't accept that she is dead. Maybe because she is the only pet we have that die accidentally without anyone or me trying to help or ease their pain. She is my very first cat as well.

One night, I'm on my bed, slowly falling asleep from an exhausting bout of crying over my beloved Misha. All lights are off because I don't want my younger sister (we share the same room) see me cry. I'm dozing off when I felt something bump my nose gently. It felt cold and it only happened for a split second, but that mere second wake me up immediately because that's the way my cat used to do to kiss me. She used to bump her nose on my face as a kind of kiss and the coldness feels like what cat nose usually feels like. I immediately opened the light to find any reason on what might cause that feeling but I found nothing. She is our only cat before and after her death and our dogs sleep outside.

That quick experience makes me cry again but as I cry I felt some presence behind me, embracing me from behind. (I have an innate habit of sleeping with my back on a wall or anything solid. I'm facing the wall during this time) definitely a male presence, but I didn't feel any fear or negativity about its presence just peace and contentment. I can feel it embracing me gently and I positively hear 'it' whisper "Tulog ka na" ("Please sleep"). I didn't remember when did I fall asleep but when I wake up the next morning I feel peaceful. From that day onwards I finally if slowly accept that my cat move on to a better place and someday if fate and God allow it I might have a chance to join her again.

As for the male "Unseen" I don't have any explanation about his presence. He maybe one of the residents in our home that I haven't seen/felt before or maybe a guardian. But I'm thankful to him. He (maybe) makes me realize or even convey the message that my cat is at peace in a place where she is happy and healthy with her little kittens.

Other hauntings by ivory

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ivory, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

GhostlyKitty (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-13)
I'm so sorry about your kitty. This reminds me of my dear cat, Mabel. Who was only 2. She died young and it was very hard for us all.

God bless you. I believe that maybe have been an angel sent by God to tell you to sleep and be at peace.:)
ivory (9 stories) (77 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-09)
taz890: hi!
"Who saw the cat cleaning the cough medicine off the kittens?"
My mom found the broken bottle a top of our table and underneath the table is where Misha and her kittens are placed (inside the cardboard box where she gave birth). The medicine dripped down to their box and mom found her licking the kittens clean. Misha might have ingested a lot of medicine before my mom could have stop her.

"What would be in cough medicine that could poison the cat so quickly that she dies so fast?"
That cough medicine is a strong stuff. My little brother (he is the one who accidentally broke the bottle) have a mild tuberculosis back then and that medicine was his.

"Why would any parent allow a child to keep a dead cat in the home for 3 days? Greaving or not that is just wrong!"
Might sound gross to you though but I lived in the city and we could not find a proper burial place for her. We couldn't throw her in the garbage (Could we?). Even if my Dad suggested that I absolutely refused. So when they found a place I finally give my final goodbye to her and snip a bunch of her hair as a remembrance. You might think that her remains will smell awful and become bloated like any dead carcass in that 3days time?. Nope she didn't, she is a healthy and clean cat before she died and her death is caused by medicine ("antibacterial" as far as I can remember) poisoning not by disease or wounds.
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-09)
ivory, I read this and "walked away" but I keep coming back with questions,
Who saw the cat cleaning the cough medicine off the kittens?
What would be in cough medicine that could poison the cat so quickly that she dies so fast?
Why would any parent allow a child to keep a dead cat in the home for 3 days? Greaving or not that is just wrong!
LexiBlue (2 stories) (25 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-08)
Really shows that when your cat did come to say a good-bye, that they really cared for you. Maybe didn't want to leave you, but accepted that at a point we all do have to move on... It is what happens to all of us... Almost 5 years later I am still sadden by my great great grandmothers death... I'm almost 14 now. And this story just reminds me of her good-bye to me and all the things she left for just me to let me know shes always there... And that lamb... Your cat wants you to know shes always there... Even in that happy place... 😊
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-08)
What a sweet story, I love it.
I'm sorry for your loss, but glad Misha came to say good bye and to let you know her love for you didn't end with her death.

As for the male presence, perhaps he was an spiritual guide or guardian angel helping you to get over your grief.

Cats are such wonderful creatures
shellzy (8 stories) (218 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-08)
This story really made me cry... I have two cats and I love them to bits so I can understand how upset you must have been 😢

Perhaps it was a relative that had passed or your spirit guardian that came to comfort you while you were so upset. And I truly believe that you will be one day reunited with your beloved Misha ❤. Thanks for sharing 😊
SnoWQueeN (5 stories) (100 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-08)
Sweet story... I know the pain of losing someone close to your heart be it pet or human. You can have her kittens as your best friends 😊 maybe last but not the least.

~Nikky

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: