You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Ghost Of Cousin

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Of Cousin

 

My cousin passed away in 2010, from cancer. The day she died, I was at her husband's house, with her brother (my other cousin) and his wife. We had been mourning during the day, and that night I stayed over. I was asleep in her little girl's room, she was 2 at the time, when I awoke hearing a very faint screaming noise which I thought I was imagining. Accompanying the sounds was the feeling of a very cold breeze; I looked to the window above me and it was shut and locked. At that same moment, I felt a presence there with the little girl and I in the room. The little girl then started making noises in her sleep. Then I felt as if someone was sitting on the edge of the bed I was on, right by my feet. Right in front of the bed is the crib the girl was sleeping in. The presence stayed there for a bit, and I was thinking that if that's all she was going to do, for I thought it was my passed cousin, then I could still sleep. I started to drift off again when the presence felt as if it was laying down, atop of me. In a moment of panic, saying aloud, "I get the picture." I quickly ran out of the room to sleep on the couch.

A few months later I was upstairs in the same house getting a drink, with everyone else in the basement. I was facing the countertop when I suddenly heard some footsteps in the next room, where my cousin's ashes were kept. I froze, freaking out on the inside, just staring into the living room, where I saw nothing. Then I heard laughter, sounding eerily like my cousin, as if she had played a prank on me. I then relaxed a bit, thinking, "You got me pretty good," heard more footsteps in the room. I freaked out again, grabbed my drink and booked it to the basement where the others were.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Heike22, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-12)
Thank you Cristos, Your condolences are gratefully accepted.
Best wishes, Fergie
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+2
12 years ago (2012-06-12)
I know this is a bad time to say this, but we should probably take this discussion to Fergie's story... Thanks for understanding guys! ❤
Cristos0907 (13 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-06-12)
Fergie-I'm so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you, your family and friends.

Cristos
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+3
12 years ago (2012-06-12)
Fergie - my deepest and most-heartfelt sympathy is with you and your family.
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+4
12 years ago (2012-06-12)
Fergie,
I am so sorry for your loss. I know it will never make you feel any better about any of this, but I went through this with a loved one and I at least feel that they are now at rest. We always say we would take on any pain our children suffer as our own, if only they could be free.
You have done that Cindy, and now her suffering is gone. Remember the good times, because that is what she is going to want to talk about when you see her again.

We love you,
Lou
SpiderZA (2 stories) (81 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-06-12)
Oh no Fergie, as a mother (or just as a fellow human), my deepest sympathies for you and your family. I only have one child and I would go bat sh! T crazy if I lost her.
I cannot imagine your pain but I hope that virtual hugs will make it a wee bit better.
Again
Condolences from Cape Town.

Spider
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-06-12)
Thank you Jav, For the kind words. Sorry if I sounded a little 'feisty' in my last comment to you. I don't know what came over me...Maybe, just stress... I have had a LOT of that lately! In time, I will post an account of what I have been through... What I am still going through... The death of my youngest daughter. 😢 😭
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-12)
Spider, look up Trix in the search box above. She has quite a few stories as well. She is one of our long time members here from SA. And both her and Fergie's stories are worth reading.

Jav
SpiderZA (2 stories) (81 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-06-12)
Thanks for the welcome, I actually found this site by (Being bored at work) I googled something along the lines of real ghost stories from sa and followed the link to one of Fergies stories, I cannot remember which, so far she/he is the only one I know of from SA?
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-06-11)
Spidey-powers are intact. Welcome SpiderZA. From the influx of posters from your corner of the globe lately, I would expect SA has its share of actual paranormal events.

Lou
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-06-11)
Well, that's two for Spider. You ran out on a sleeping child? Tsk tsk tsk. How brave are you?

Jav
shyenne (15 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-06-11)
I agree with SpiderZA. 😆
I was wondering what happen to the little girl that you left behind. It's okay if it was her mom's ghost, what if it is a different entity and might harm the little girl.
My grandma said if you're scared and you are not comfortable with the presence of this entity, it means it's not a relative, friend or whatsoever. It might be a lost soul or what not pretending to be your cousin knowing that she just died.
I hope everything is okay especially the little girl.

God bless
❤shyenne❤
SpiderZA (2 stories) (81 posts)
+5
12 years ago (2012-06-11)
Lol, I am assuming by your post that you do not have children yourself, as you took off out the room but left the toddler there...
Dont mean this negatively at all, just found it amusing as I would have grabbed my daughter on my way out...
Andrea22 (5 stories) (65 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-09)
Maybe it was your cousin... But I find it strange that you felt like something was laying on top of you. Obviously that's not normal for a cousin! Even a ghost cousin I don't think! Are sure it wasn't something else trying to harm you? Or maybe the spirit just wanted to be close to someone so she decided to lay in your bed.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: