You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Knock, Knock, Knock, Who Is It?

Real Ghost Stories

Knock, Knock, Knock, Who Is It?

 

This incident happened in the year 2000 when I was preparing for my Exams (EMCET), Medical Entrance Exams. It was a combined study. My friend Venkat used to come to my home for study. During those days night life in Hyderabad was very low. Shops and malls used to get shutdown by 9:30PM, specially in my area. If it's 10:00Pm, then it's like a Midnight. You find nobody on roads, no street lamps. I stay in ECIL, which is highly populated and well-developed area now.

I had my room and my parents used to go off to bed by 10:00PM max.

Now back to the story.

Venkat cannot keep himself awake for a longer period during nights. I used to stay awake until 2:30-3:00AM, so I used to wake Venkat before I go off to sleep.

On this particular day, I had my dinner around 8:00Pm. My parents went to their room and I was waiting for Venkat. He arrived by 9:30Pm. The moment he came in, he started telling that he is very tired and will sleep early and will wake up early. I had no issues. He asked me to wake him up at 3:00Am. I switched off all the lights in hall and came to my room. We had a chit chat for awhile.

Later, in few minutes, Venkat went to a slumber sleep. I was just reading books, it was around 2:30 AM. I was about to close my books and hit the bed when I heard something. What was it? I ignored, I heard it again, what is it now? My heart started pounding heavily now. It was knock on the main door. I went to hall to conform it, waited there few seconds, knock again. Now I was like paralyzed, because I did not switch on the lights in the hall and the switch board is close to the main door. The door was knocked once again. It was in the same rhythm every time. Knock was for 3 times in one go. It's like tak, tak, tak. Then break and tak tak tak.

I ran back to my room, woke up Venkat. He just woke up and ignored what I said and went back to sleep. Somehow I slept off that day. Next day I was tired and wanted to sleep early by 10PM. Venkat was fresh and said he would be awake until 3:00Am for a change. Meanwhile I told him about what had happened in the previous night. Again he was not ready to listen what I was telling him.

So I slept off early, Venkat was studying seriously. It was around 2:10AM, the same ting repeated. Venkat went to the hall and he heard the knock on the door, same rhythm. He took further steps and went to the door and turned his ear to the door trying to listen if there is someone on the other side. Suddenly the knock again. Since he heard it so close, he came running to me, woke me and started saying, "Whatever you said was right. Even I heard it." I could make out from his face that he was terrified and shivering.

The next morning, I told my parents about what had happened. They confirmed with Venkat as well, so they decided to stay awake that night. My father waited until 12Am and went to sleep. It was my mom and my younger brother who were awake for a while. It was around 2:15AM when I heard the knock. I went to the hall and woke up my mom who was half asleep. She heard the knock twice, she started asking, "Who Is it?" No response, but the knock still continues. She is daring women, I should say. She switched on the lights, went to the main door and suddenly opened the main door. I was scared to hell, but nothing was there. It was dark. She went out and switched on the light outside. Nobody is there. She told, "There is nothing and you guys can ignore if it continues." That's what we have done.

This continued for awhile, we ignored it. Now I don't seen anything of this kind anymore.

To date I could not understand what was it? Anybody any clue?

Other hauntings by joshuakeys

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, joshuakeys, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

SplyZe0315 (4 stories) (24 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-06-11)
I had an almost similar experience. To cut it short, Me, My parents and my sister were eating dinner. There is a door behind me leading to the backyard. Three knocks suddenly surprised us. As I was aiming to open the door, my dad scolded at me and said to ignore it. Then it happened again. My dad was just looking at me and my mom explained that it might just be the dog (which sounded ridiculous since it was three perfect knocks... If it was a dog it would sound scratchy). So I ignored it. THEN a third one happened and here's mischievous me... I opened the door fast and they all scream... There was nothing it was just the darkness and that creepy gust we all felt. After that I kinda' got spanked by my dad and told me not to open the door when I hear three knocks and no answer (they said its a spirit trying to pull someone to their realm...). Not gonna' do that again haha!
rajlucka (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-19)
I have heard that knocks on the doors in threes are meant as a insult to the trinity. I have learned this from investigating on the internet and my experiences ๐Ÿ˜ฒ
Aprajita (3 stories) (53 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-28)
Great... Quite scary and creepy story...! I must say that your mom showed very great courage. My mum is just like your mom...!
WiniPu4 (207 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-16)
Hello, Joshua:

Nikki (SnowQueen) had an interesting theory about something following young people home. I found this interesting especially after reading your other story about your late night bike ride with your friends and the creature that may have followed you back to Venkat's place. Or, perhaps it followed him to you and your place?
Being from the US, I REALLY enjoy reading experiences from your country and a few other countries as they tend to be a little different than what we normally experience here. I am reading all of your stories and am enjoying them very much. I am from a military background with studies in the sciences, photography and the arts and can identify with your perception of these events due to your medical/scientific education.
Thank you for giving us your vivid accounts and please continue, as I'm sure that others are enjoying them as much as I am.

Kind Regards,
Lynev
Trishspooky (4 stories) (25 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-16)
wohhh...I think I won't sleep tonight
That was soooo creepy... Your mom is really great
Wow to go outside alone at such an odd hour is really daring... I would have had a heart failure!
Well what I think is that it was either a stuff which kept on tapping on the door due to the wind or it was a ghost who was either having fun disturbing you guys or wanting to enter the house simply...
Nice narration:)
Maniacmedic (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-01)
Hi Joshuakeys, I sympathize with your predicament but to all the others who criticize you for not having the courage that your mother showed I have a certain thing to say! I know that hearing someone knocking the door even in the dead of the night holds no alarm, but sometimes your sixth sense kicks in and you just can ignore it, if that sense makes you avoid answering the door you inexplicably obey! This incident is kind of shocking to me because I had almost the same incident happen to me when I was on my summer vacations I think when I was in my 9th standard! The same three knocks but a different atmosphere, I'm afraid if I write my experience it may be too similar! I may just write it when I am given the chance to publish a story on here, can't do it right now as submissions have been closed for the moment. This does comfort me a bit that I am not the only one who experienced it! Thanks for the good read
Regards maniac medic
nikita2012 (4 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-30)
Hi'
I had the same expierience when I was staying in my old house too. So I can understand what you were going through and Kudos to your mother for her work. ๐Ÿ˜Š ๐Ÿ˜Š ๐Ÿ˜Š
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-19)
Yey...Mom's the Man... But then again the story is creepy... And you too are a scaredy cats... Both you and your friend Venkat... Why didn't you just open the door and look the 1st time? ๐Ÿ˜†
ind_83 (55 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-13)
[at] Jav - Yeah, actually I realized that, after publishing my comment last evening, that Lou intentionally changed the gender, and then I can understand why he did so... ๐Ÿ˜†
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-12)
[at] ind_83,
Yes, I believe Lou was aware of that when he wrote the comment. ๐Ÿ˜†

Jav
ind_83 (55 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-12)
[at] Lou - In India only guys names are Venkat, not girls ๐Ÿ˜Š& I think joshuakeys is also a guy.
ind_83 (55 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-12)
OH MY GOD... Your experience was really really creepy joshuakeys, believe me, while reading your story I was literally shaking from head to toe. It's true that your mother is really a very brave lady, if I was in her position then I think I should've died after listening that "tak tak tak" once. ๐Ÿ˜จ Must say a really good experience you have shared with us.
Take care.
God Bless.
Mabs_Sith_Lord (72 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-11)
Hi
Thanks for sharing your story! Reading it reminded me of something which was related to me by someone. In Bangladesh, and certain parts of the Indian subcontinent, it is believed that spirits are responsible for knocking at night. And the thing you wrote about there being three knocks in sequence is also interesting, because that is how the spirit will knock, ie three times then a pause. And then again.

In fact when I was on holiday I was told by the person whose house I was staying in - not to open the door at night, even if there's a knock. I thought it was maybe to do with security, ie robbers maybe trying to get access to the house. But what I found curious is when he told me not to open the door esp if there is a sequence of three knocks! Immeditaly I was filled with questions in my head. Why? I enquired. He wouldn't tell me as he thought I would get scared! But the next day I persisted with questioning him and he finally told me that its because spirits, mainly malevolent types try to lure people to open the door so it can attack the person! Also there had been instances of strange things happening, lie dead crows appearing in front of the house after every knocking incident!

Naturally this scared the s*** out of me!: D

Suffice to say, I kept my door's LOCKED at all times at night!
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-06-11)
Thank goodness... Mom was definitely the bravest of all of you girls.

Lou
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-11)
I'm with Jesus_soldier on this. At least someone opened the door to see if anyone was there.

Jav
Jesus_soldier (guest)
+2
12 years ago (2012-06-11)
I was so happy when your mom asked "who is it?" and opened the door. You and Venkat were driving me crazy ๐Ÿ˜†. I enjoyed the story though.

Thank you for sharing
AllieAllison (28 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-10)
Gosh I don't no it never happens before? Sometimes that happens the creepiest thing happened 2 me yesterday and I had a friend with me and we both screamed our freaking heads off. I am blank though.

Sorry! ๐Ÿ˜• ๐Ÿ˜ข

Allison
Tasuke (2 stories) (21 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-10)
This is very creepy. I'd say Nikky has a good theory. Also, see what happens if you don't open the door when you hear the knocks and pretend you didn't hear anything
SnoWQueeN (5 stories) (100 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-10)
Creepy, can't it be a demon or something that follows young boys? (Not saying about Mohini). I don't know, my grandpa says that its not good for young boys/girls to be out late at night sometimes the evil follows the young ones to their home or wherever they go. ๐Ÿ˜•don't know exactly but it creeps me. Thanks for sharing.

~Nikky
BunnyPanda (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-09)
Maybe the ghost was waiting for you guys to open the door so it'll stop bothering you guys again
Xito (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-09)
Waahw this is a pretty creepy story if you read it... The same thing happened to me when I was at a friends house... It freaked the hell out of me and today I still don't know what it was but it is nice to know I'm not the only one who experienced weird knocking sounds...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: