You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Haunted Signal Spot

Real Ghost Stories

The Haunted Signal Spot

 

This just happened when I was 11 years old. I live in MUMBAI (the industrial capital of india) it is an incident of year 2005 when my final exams of standard 7th got over and Summer vacation started. My father decided of spending vacations in New Delhi with our relatives. As my father works in Indian railway association we got our tickets for Delhi earlier than any other person. But unfortunately my father had some work to be done at the moment so he decided to send me first and then himself.

At the day when he took me to the railway station for catching up the train he was afraid, because Delhi is not so close from Mumbai. It takes two days to get there and the whole journey I was all alone and I was just an eleven year old kid to travel for two days with no one known to me (with strangers). At that moment when he was thinking all these things in his mind he thought of cancelling my ticket, but later he came to know that the driver for the same train was his friend so he once again decided of sending me alone but this time with his friend, then the train started to leave the platform.

It was really fun to travel while sitting in driver's compartment as the driver was my father's friend and I was traveling with him, the train was full on speed. When half of the day was over it was quite dark and the train was 400 kms away from Mumbai. Suddenly the train stopped because of the red signal. It was really a big signal of 20-25 minutes. The place where the train stopped was not so scary. It was all slums there, there were many small houses like huts but no one was out it was almost like pin drop silence, but what happened afterwards will blow your mind.

It was 2:00pm sharp. An old lady with a stick in hand (stick for support while walking) appeared from the road coming from the slums, she was short in height. She came near the drivers compartment where was the driver and I sitting, I was sitting at the window like all kids do for watching the scenery out of the window, the old lady came to me and called me by pulling my sleeves she said "babu thoda sa khana de do" (sir give me some food). I wasn't having any thing to give her so I asked the driver to give her something to eat. The driver shouted at me and said "dont sit at the window", he shouted at the old lady too and said "mere paas kuch bhi nahi hai tujhe dene ke liye yaha se chali ja" (I have nothing to give you, go from here) and used some abusive words to make the old lady go from there. Afterwards the train again started to go, and then he politely asked me "hey do you want to sit at the window?" yes I said, but then I asked him why did he shouted at me when I was first sitting near the window.

Then he explained me everything and by listening to that, the whole journey to Delhi I didn't sit near the window. He said me to see outside the window and to see that how much is the distance between the ground and the train's window, where I was sitting. He said the window is 11 feet above the ground how can a human and that too a SHORT-HEIGHTED old lady can get up to 11 feet and ask for food? That made me understand that she was not a living human being, the driver told me that it was the spirit of the lady who was very poor and used to ask for some money or for food while the train passing from there had to stop because of signal. But two years back the lady died in a train accident when she was crossing the railway tracks and fell down and before she could fix herself to get up she was turned into pieces. He said she is not bad but if once you give her some to eat she follows you, not to haunt you but to get some to eat while she is hungry...

Other hauntings by sakks

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, sakks, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

koolruud (guest)
+1
8 years ago (2016-05-04)
Hahaha Tweed, its been 4 years. I missed this beautiful site.:D
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-05-01)
Blimey Koolruud, that's one delayed, random, baffling, thus amusing response. 😜
koolruud (guest)
 
8 years ago (2016-05-01)
[at] Bluerose: My bad. Don't have much train travel experience. Peace
Dip1904 (115 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-16)
well written short story of an incident - one of the finer ones I have come across...:)
Pragya (5 stories) (68 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-22)
Chilling...and very well narrated... The whole idea of a 11 ft tall old woman is scary... 😨
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-05)
Horrible 😨 😨 I am so scared specially after reading this "He said the window is 11 feet above the ground how can a human and that too a SHORT-HEIGHTED old lady can get up to 11 feet and ask for food?" 😨
kirthi (6 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-06-12)
its very interesting story... Usually we people like to travel alone in younger days... The reason your fathers friend told you gave me a creep... Thanks for sharing sakks
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-31)
But Val 😢 He did answer when taking credit (see 6th comment from the bottom)! 😲
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-05-31)
Ari, maybe the OP didn't answer because he siad, "I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion." Some folks actually mean what they mark.
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-31)
Okay,I admit I was a little rude in my comment towards the Mods, now when I look back. But I was a greenhorn then!
The Mods took it in their stride and did a very commendable job at answering the query without harassing or pooh-poohing the newbie. I salute them for that.

Now,about my query directed at the O/P.I never got an answer!

😉 🤔 😉
Bluerose19 (3 stories) (164 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-05-31)
koolruud: You are talking about a train from mumbai reaching delhi in 16 hours? Come on man! Not all trains will make you reach delhi in 16 hours from mumbai! There are many trains which may take more than 2 days for that same journey. A train like Rajdhani express will get you from assam to delhi in 24 hours but some trains like Brahmaputra mail will take 3 days to make you reach delhi. There should not be any mistake/doubt about the 2-days time the o/p told about his journey from mumbai to delhi.
Pradeep (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-04)
This is one of my favourites... I think she is continuing her routine unaware of her death...
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-23)
[at] Dear zzsgranny & Miracles51031,

Eeekkk! 😲 I got -3 votes just for that comment even though I actually liked the story! 😭
Seriously, I didn't mean to blame anyone. I was just confused.

You moderators are doing a commendable job, and if I might guess a tiresome one too, at refining the flow of stories that are submitted. With your immense patience and sincerity, you are doing a thankless job and I thank you for that.

Thanks for the reply.
Regards
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+3
12 years ago (2012-09-22)
Sceptic-Ari - and to add to what ModGranny has said, we are Mods from the United States. Some stories, such as this one, are from countries who's language, etc we are completely unfamiliar with.

If we change the words to what we think the o/p "meant" to say, we could be changing the entire meaning. We choose to leave the stories the way they are to avoid making a mistake and changing the meaning of "their" story.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+2
12 years ago (2012-09-22)
Sceptic-ari: Thanks for the critique!...We try to leave the stories as original as possible, it lends credence...Besides, we don't have time to restructure everything submitted, and all submitters are given an opportunity to edit their own stories before they hit the "submit" button 😊...We read hundreds of stories a month (really, no kidding!), and do it all for free, sooo 😊
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
-3
12 years ago (2012-09-22)
Dear Mod,
Would have liked this story more if it was proof-read and restructured a little more.

Dear sakks,
Nice story, really eerie. Thanks for sharing with us. Only one thing is that you wrote 2:00pm instead of 2:00am because you said it was 'quite dark'.
A query;did you ask the driver uncle what place was that signal at?

Thanks
Regards
sakks (2 stories) (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-26)
thanx
I have some more stories which my cousin told me
I will upload them too
Hope you all like them 😁
Bbrave (1 stories) (131 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-16)
Sakks

Wow this is a great story doesn't seem embellished in any way. I see no attempt being made to scare people so I do not believe this to be a made up account.

Since stories meant to frighten people are usually more embellished and worded in a way to induce fright.

I believe this story to be hard to prove as anything else other than an encounter with a ghost.
koolruud (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-16)
It takes 16 hours to travel from mumbai to delhi in train. Not two days. About your story, if its true, its good. Peace.
matsaw (2 stories) (38 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-15)
Creepy story, I have a few stories of my own that I would like to share but it's impossible to post them, it always say's that it's shut down.
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-15)
What a very interesting story here, sakks. Thanks for sharing. That sounds creepy and cool and terrifying at the same time 😁.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
mrfear672india (106 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-15)
Hi sakks,
What a creepy experience I got thrilled when iam reading these.
Yes the indian railway tracks are very haunted as many accidents occur. Iam indian too.
Thanks for sharing.
Its going into my favorites.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: