You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My First Hospital Experience

Real Ghost Stories

My First Hospital Experience

 

There are two places that I try to keep away as long as I can. It's dark and closed spaces, and hospitals. Why?

I got claustrophobia but not the kind that can cause asthma or something fatal just plain fear of closed spaces.

The other one are hospitals. They are something in hospitals that makes me avoid them as much as I can. It may be the stench of both death and disinfectant that makes me sick of the place. It may be the mix of emotions that the place contains that makes me afraid of it. Either one I'm still wary of the place.

Here's what I experience the first time a stepped inside a hospital.

I'm 12 0r 13 years old at the time when a family friend, Ate Elsie finally persuades me to accompany her for her pre-natal check-up at one of the Philippines famous hospitals. I tried to refuse but I fear for her safety because she is 7 or 8 months pregnant (her husband left her and we do not know where the hell he went, although I really wished that he was dragged in hell!) so even against my will I had to come with her.

Our trip to the hospital is long and tiring but when we arrived in the building (that I swear I'll never walk into again) I'm awestruck! The hospital is huge and old-looking. The adventurer in me wants to explore it but my instinct wants to run away. When we started to enter the building I feel dread creep all over me and hairs at my nape start to stand (a sure sign that some 'unseen' is looking at me or maybe I'm just expecting to see something dreadful). I tried not to looked around because I fear that I might see something that I won't really like (i.e. Decapitated unseen) and I didn't go unprepared to the hospital though, I have with me a bell charm bracelet (I got it from my mom) that will keep the 'unseen from pestering and following me, as well as to keep them away from me.

So here we are walking in a busy arched hallway of the hospital where nurses and people walk around here and there. Our goal is to reach the reception hall when I comment on how busy and confusing my surroundings are to our family friend. "Ate ganito ba talaga kagulo dito?" ("Ate (a polite address to older people) is it always crowded and busy in here?) Ate Elsie just looked at me with a weird expression on her face (a confused and afraid look) and hurriedly drags me up toward the reception hall. I'm puzzled about Ate Elsie's reaction all I see on the hallway are people and hospital staff milling around and doing their business (just the normal stuff).

I could not remember anything on when we left the hospital or what happened after that but all I can recall is when I heard my mom and Ate Elsie talking about the hospital thing a week later. I was shocked when I learned that the supposed to be busy and crowded hallway was actually empty at that time and there are no wards or rooms near that area so there's no way that patients can walk around there as well as there's no reason that a lot of nurses should be there as well.

Ate Elsie even asked my mom if I can see ghosts and such but Mom denied this ability because we don't want (like) people who know our family to talk about our gift of sensing the 'unseens' to others.

But up until now, I still can remember the scene on that hospital. The nurses are walking around busily and the patients are wandering around aimlessly, some are just sitting on benches. Everything is just a normal scene commonly seen on busy hospitals but as I recall it now, I can't remember what colors their clothes are but they do look like normal people to me.

Well I'm just glad that my very first experience in a hospital is not as frightening as I expected it to be but I still won't walk inside a hospital as far and as long as I can.

Other hauntings by ivory

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ivory, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Marine (6 stories) (42 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-24)
Hi Ivory - I wouldn't be surprised if there are apparitions still hanging around in any given hospitals. There's so much trauma associated to places like this. I do believe however that these apparitions (full figure, disembodied voices, etc) are mostly residuals rather than intelligent.
ivory (9 stories) (77 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-31)
karpkarpkarpmagikarp hi... Other than the typical little people or dwende, I find it hard to see elementals especially here in the city but in province I only seen glimpses and sounds of them.
karpkarpkarpmagikarp (3 stories) (17 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-30)
how about elemental entities, can you also see them? I would like to know how those playful spirits play tricks on humans. Like the one we always hear somewhere from rizal province rivers and lakes, yung 'nangunguha' ng victims? May chance din kaya na makikita mo sila doing those acts? Curious lang. 😊
ivory (9 stories) (77 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-24)
karpkarpkarpmagikarp if you just know... I already declined a trip to Vigan because i'm afraid of what might happened or what might I see. Corregidor already have a eerie look even in photos.
karpkarpkarpmagikarp (3 stories) (17 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-22)
PGH? Wow! With your ability, you should avoid going to corregidor. Imagine what sort of things you might see inside its tunnel. Or them spooky places in baguio. Wow! Maloloka ka siguro? Kidding!:D
ivory (9 stories) (77 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-14)
I don't know if they are people from present because I did not know what is the hospital's uniform at that time. I don't even remember what color their clothes are.
Kryodrache (3 stories) (108 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-13)
Oh wow, 102? I wonder if it got renovated sometime earlier... And the people you saw looked as though they were from the present time? Hm... It's possible it was just residual, whether from a singular incident or from something combined. Either or that's a lot of energy to harness into one room. Maybe it was free donut day.
ivory (9 stories) (77 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-12)
Kryodrache: hahaha... I'm truly guilty of scaring myself at that time as it was the very first time I went into a hospital. I totally expect to see or feel scary sort of unseen and I haven't experience seeing decapitated or bloody ones so I don't how will I react or what will happened if I did saw one (I hopefully wish that I won't). As for the hospital its 102 years old, to be exact.
Kryodrache (3 stories) (108 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-11)
Just out of curiosity... Why were you afraid of seeing a decapitated unseen, as you put it, in a hospital? I'm not entirely sure if it's common practice to behead the patients, unless the building used to be for a different purpose at some point in the past. Can it be possible you were just filling yourself with your own fear?

I find it interesting how you saw all of those people just hanging around... How old was that hospital, do you know?
ivory (9 stories) (77 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-11)
thanks marypatricia! I actually expect to see much worse (i.e decapitated or bloody unseens) but I think lady luck is kind to me that day because I might have seen only the hospital's past memory. You are right I'm still afraid to go to any hospitals.
Marypatricia (2 stories) (19 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-10)
I find this very fascinating! I wouldn't know what to do if I heard the person that was with me say there was absolutely no one there. But I think it's cool that you saw that. I'm sorry that you are scared of this stuff. It must be hard to go into a hospital now for you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: