You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The Dark Man And The Girl Who Remembered

Real Ghost Stories

The Dark Man And The Girl Who Remembered

 

Last summer, I had a growing urge to try to talk to ghosts. I was 15. I had read that it's safer to have another person with you and I didn't want to do it alone, so I waited until my best friend, X, stayed over.

It was about eight or later when we had run out of stuff to do and I chose to try to contact ghosts. We used the necklace method (using a necklace hanging off a finger that can swing clockwise for yes and counter clockwise for no) and, at first, we didn't get anything.

We had been talking for a while when X suddenly noticed it moving in a circle. We, naively, were excited. We asked it many questions. And we decided that the necklace method wasn't cutting it anymore. So we laid down and we would ask, close eyes and report what we saw.

X was great at seeing the message. Nine times out of ten, I would barely or not at all see the message. Soon, I gave up all together. And I asked the questions and she answered them. The ghost thought of an even... Easier method though. I asked a yes or no question and after a long pause X said no. But it wasn't her voice and she didn't remember speaking. It had seemed to take possession over her body for small time periods.

He, the ghost, said that I had bad blood and something about The One and left. Not a minute after he disappeared, we were visited by something else. Something evil, we couldn't stop shaking. I had never felt so afraid. But it was more than fear, it was a helplessness. Some understanding that even if we couldn't see, feel, or hear it, it could kill us without a pause.

Fast forward to the end of summer, we had been talking to ghosts all summer long. On my urging. One day, I went to sleep over at X's house. Keep in mind, she was the only one to talk these ghosts. We were up in her attic looking out the window when she noted a figure, she called "The Dark Man". She had encounter him an hour earlier when she left her body (supposedly) and saw him.

Things got bad quickly. It went from him on the street, to the attic, to inside X herself. She said she could feel him. He told us that all the ghosts we talked to were him and everything was a lie. We talked and he declared that he was going to erase our memories. I felt a calm at this statement and said, "I will not forget." I was sure.

And I didn't but X did. She still doesn't recall any of these events, only huge gaps of memory.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, evermore276, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-08-21)
evermore - the one thing about your whole story that stands out at me is this telling word "supposedly" which, to me, implies you aren't exactly sure whether or not you believe your best friend. Maybe you didn't mean it to come out that way when you wrote it, but sometimes things come across the way we truly feel.
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-21)
Nothing in this account classifies as paranormal, in my opinion. Every encounter was manipulated by X; from what she saw, felt and said. I think you should find some new friends.

Lou
evermore276 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-20)
She was never the joking type and she won't be that cruel. Though I did think about that too. She likes to think of herself as mature and playing a joke like that would be so immature. Plus, she doesn't do well with guilt.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+3
12 years ago (2012-08-19)
I can't help but wonder if X was just messing with you. I'm sorry to be harsh, but it sounds like you were the victim of a cruel joke.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: