You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Photographs / Videos / EVP :: Belfast Orbs

Real Ghost Stories

Belfast Orbs

 

I know, I know... Orb photos! Not always the best example of ghost photography, is it dust? Is it light? Or an apparition? Who knows. All I know is I recently went to Belfast and when I looked at the photos I took, all 7 of them, I found 3 interesting pictures. I'll give you a bit of background then my humble opinion.

I visited Belfast, Northern Ireland July this year as a birthday treat from my girlfriend. We stayed in a large hotel called 'Radisson SAS', which was built on the land of Belfast's old gasworks. If my memory serves correct, the gasworks was fully operational from 1893 until 1988. I haven't looked into the history of the Gasworks for no other reason than laziness! I would like to find out more, but we are planning to go back soon so I'll get some info straight from the source as it were.

When we arrived we somehow managed to get ourselves an upgrade to a business class room, which turned out to be a rather nice large room, with a massive bed. The bed was so big in fact, I made my girlfriend take a photo of me star like on it. I then took a picture of my girlfriend doing the same... don't worry we've got clothes on! I used my Samsung digital camera, which despite its love of batteries and all the power they contain, is a good little camera. I then took a couple of pictures of the room and another of my girlfriend standing by the bed. Not all the pictures came out due to the giant window and the sun coming in, but the 3 mentioned above have what appear to be orbs.

I've marked out what I think are orb-like shapes on all the pictures. The first picture is me on the bed (sorry for inflicting my ugly mug upon this lovely site!), I can see 2 full round shapes and a larger half-orb shape in the top right.

The second picture is my girlfriend on the bed. I've marked 5 shapes, but I'm not too sure about all of them. Although I do find the two over her chest quite funny!

The third picture is my girlfriend by the bed. I've marked 7 shapes that are questionable. The ones in the top left corner appear to be in a rather straight line, which makes me think it could be some kind of glare from the light. I should point out that in this picture the window is behind me, and in the ones of us on the bed, the window is on the right hand side of the picture.

Belfast Orbs 1
Belfast Orbs 2
Belfast Orbs 3
 

So those are my pictures, what do you think? I've never had anything like this show up in any pictures before, and I must admit I was excited when I saw them. Although I did then kick myself for not actually checking them until 3 weeks after I got back! I'm not saying for definite that these are orbs, I would just like some other opinions. I've shown them to a couple of friends and got a response of 'ooooohhh'. But I did get a good response from someone whose opinion I valued, which gave me the courage to post them on here (you know who you are!).

P.S. In case it's puzzling you, Lian is a girl's name... Yes I'm a girl (although the photo is questionable!)... with a girlfriend.

Other hauntings by lian01

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ireland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, lian01, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

FireFaerie13 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-02-22)
I have seen orbs in photos several times.

My thoughts on these? I have a feeling they might be (mainly) dust. My reason for this is such; Hotels rooms are cleaned, then sometimes left empty for quite some time. Dust settles. When people come in and move around, lay on the bed, etc., they kick up that dust.

So, there may be a chance that it was just some dust floating around!

Though, I'd love to be wrong!:D
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-18)
FosterJ,
Read the guidelines. Stop spamming. I'm in the process if deleting your spam now. Have a nice day.
lp2298 (23 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-02)
Sorry. Dust. The first 2 move slightly. The 3rd has so many its just a bunch of dust particles.
Sparkie (6 stories) (30 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-19)
Hi Lian.
I saw the pictures and when I first saw the 'orbs' I thought they were. But they keep building up and they are broken up which would seem like dust particles. But one may never know. They are quite tricky to catch. But the strong ones will turn out to be big glowing perfect circles. But who knows. If they are, then that is a quite significant catch there.
~Best Wishes~
alliejokerr (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-17)
i see them all the time!
I live in the suburbs around belfast.
Glad you got photos!
Bless you
X
Allie
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-17)
I used to see orbs mostly at night time. Some where different colours from one another. Thanks for sharing your pictures. 😊
mauzie (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-14)
Hi, I have no knowledge of orbs unfortunately so can't comment on your photos but in the third picture maybe it was white underwear being seen through your girlfriends top (with the light in the room or the flash from the camera showing it up), I don't know but it has happened to me in photos! I could be wrong and probably am! Thanks for sharing and glad you enjoyed your visit!
lian01 (3 stories) (65 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-13)
Thanks for your comments everyone. I put them on here because I wanted to get a different range of opinions, and I'm glad I have. I'm hoping to get someone I know to try and enlarge some of the 'orbs'. He also is a paranormal investigator, so hopefully I'll have some news when he finally looks at them.
Also...you guys...you're too kind, we'd been travelling for hours and hadn't slept for 24 hours when those pictures were taken, but thanks for saying we look pretty!
P.S. Annie, Unfortunately I don't live in Ireland, I live in the UK. We went for a little break, it's brilliant everyone should go to Northern Ireland!
Annie (202 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-10)
I too am up in the air when it comes to orbs. They could be anything. But, I will admit that the "location" of the two on your girlfriends chest is hysterical! Thanks for sharing. How lucky you are to live in Ireland! 😁
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-10)
I am absolutely still up in the air regarding ords and thier meanings. I find it interesting for those individuals who are on a 'ghost hunt' then only they show are orbs, that in and of itself is not enough to say there is paranormal activity.

these orbs in your pictures are quite different. They do not appear to be enhanced in any way and are varying sizes, shapes and locations. If they are signs of activity, I believe they were just curious, considering you did not mention any other happenings during your stay.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-10)
Hi Lian, I think your pics looked really good to me and I'm glad you put them up for us. I've seen some pics that looked so faked up, it was obvious they weren't real. It doesn't look like there's any obvious explanation for them to me. They aren't uniform in size or consistancy, and I think if it was dust there would be more of them and so they look pretty convincing to me. By the placement of some of the orbs I'm thinking whatever they are, they have a bit of a thing for pretty chicks! They don't seem to think there are any ugly anythings in that room! 😉
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-10)
Dear lian01,

I appreciate your story and photographs. Two, too cute mugs. Like my grandmother said, it isn't what is outside of the mug, but what is inside that counts, plus a little extra caffeine. 😉

Like I have said before in older comments on this subject, there are many schools of thought about what orbs are, and the jury is still is out on this paranormal subject. I think your photographs may have some orbs and some dust particles, but I am by no means an expert (ex-spurt), but according to some close friends who are more adept in this field, most of the photographs contain dust particles, insects or some of the other phenomena is due to the person or persons photographing. Some doctoring may also be the reason, though I am not saying that about your photographs.

May I say you handled Enchantee's comment admirably, please forgive Enchantee for I "know" deep down Enchantee is capable of better conduct and comments.

Once again, thank you for your presence and contribution to this site. I apologize also if we got off on the wrong side of the bed. Excuse me, I was distracted by your photos of bed, mugs and orbs. I mean if we got off on the wrong foot. 😉

Thanks & Inner Mug Blessings, Abby
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-09)
Orbs are a tricky thing Lian, one never knows what one will get with them. I would suspect that these were caused by dust. But I am no expert in orbs so I could be wrong. I am glad you took the time to post them for us to view. No ugly mugs there, just a couple of beautiful souls out enjoying themselves. Thanks for sharing your story with us and please keep us informed.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: